Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Chicago Bears

J-ALL-DAY

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are you f'n kidding me? 

Im starting to get on board with the idea of trading Kittle before its too late. He cannot stay healthy to save his life and he just doesn't make a difference statistically like he does as a run blocker. He definitely still requires attention but that will wain year over year as he continue to just be another decent TE. They may have missed the boat on dealing him though.

1 minute ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Im starting to get on board with the idea of trading Kittle before its too late. He cannot stay healthy to save his life and he just doesn't make a difference statistically like he does as a run blocker. He definitely still requires attention but that will wain year over year as he continue to just be another decent TE. They may have missed the boat on dealing him though.

He was never going to hold up long term. This contract was pretty much his only show at real money. Provided we don't restructure his contract next year, I assume that next season will be his last as a 49er. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Kittle has been top 3 consistently in yards per route run and caught nearly 75% of his targets last season. The health is a legitimate concern, but I don't think the "difference statistically" is accurate. Last season he definitely had the quietest receiving season since his rookie season but I didn't see any drop off in his play.

Kittle, to me has now become the most underrated player on the team. It used to be Armstead, but it is now comfortably Kittle. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just another thing for people to get on if we are being honest. 

I just found out during the presser that the players vote for captains. He said Lance was 7th in voting and Deebo was 8th. Very surprised about Deebo but maybe some of the players held his contract hold-in and trade request against him. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just found out during the presser that the players vote for captains. He said Lance was 7th in voting and Deebo was 8th. Very surprised about Deebo but maybe some of the players held his contract hold-in and trade request against him. 

Also just hard to top those guys, if we are being honest. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Also just hard to top those guys, if we are being honest. 

Last year there were 7 captains but Shanny said he wanted to keep 6 this year and then he can add two more every week. Only new captain this year that wasn't one last season was Bosa.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nothing but respect for Shanny just not giving a crap about what people think or right LOL 

As far as I know, not counting teams that name captains on a rotating basis (there are several), the only other QB that wasn't named captain was Geno Smith lol. 

Shanny legit just wasn't having it. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

As far as I know, not counting teams that name captains on a rotating basis (there are several), the only other QB that wasn't named captain was Geno Smith lol. 

Shanny legit just wasn't having it. 

Shanny challenging the media to create more fake narrative just for fun. Gotta love it!

41 minutes ago, malak1 said:

He’s just saying that they’re fast, which isn’t wrong if you go by their 40 times. Do you disagree?

Dente Pettis never ran an official 40. He's a 4.3 guy the same way every OSU skill player is running 4.2s, and you'd certainly never think he's a 4.3 guy on the field. 

Pringle ran 4.46 and 4.55. 

St Brown ran a 4.48 (though this is excellent for his size, it should be said...but largely above average for receivers as a whole) 

and Smith Marsett ran a 4.5 flat. 

So at the very least, there is some generous rounding and characterization going on in some instances

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dente Pettis never ran an official 40. He's a 4.3 guy the same way every OSU skill player is running 4.2s, and you'd certainly never think he's a 4.3 guy on the field. 

St Brown ran a 4.48 (though this is excellent for his size, it should be said...but largely above average for receivers as a whole) 

So at the very least, there is some generous rounding and characterization going on in some instances

Fair enough. Rounding down from 4.48 is pretty cheap lol

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I do wish I had that kind of optimism. I've been seeing a lot of Bears fans touting their offensive line too.. Meanwhile we bicker about our stacked roster being below average in a couple areas 😅

• Like 1