Week 1: BAL Ravens vs NY Jets

Bobby816

I think it's just going to be hard for us to hang in this one. Lamar is elite at running the ball and not sure we have the talent to stop him at LB and S. BAL defense is legit as well. They actually have one of my favorite secondary's in the NFL. So I don't see Flacco and the receiving group and TEs to get going. So you'd assume we'll try and win by controlling the clock and running the ball. I just don't think the OL is as good as we thought they're going to be yet (especially if Brown can't go). So I see us getting down and having to change the game plan and start throwing. And Flacco IMO just isn't good enough to beat a great secondary at this stage. 

BAL: 27

NYJ: 13

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If we use a creative 2-TE set, I believe we can keep this game closer than people expect.  

We finally have TE's that can block and make an impact in receiving.  We can mix things up that will allow them to help our OTs in protection and run blocking.  

I think in theory that sounds good. But when you get down multiple scores.... you just cant keep running the ball and "control the clock" You have to score points. In reality running the ball and controlling the clock to stay in games only works if you score on those long drives. Bc if you're not scoring and the other team is, you cant just keep running.

IMO the only way we can stand a chance to win is stopping their run game. Are we spying Jackson with a LB or 2? A S and a LB? Just 1 LB? 1 S? Who knows. We have to make him try and beat us with his arm to stand a chance. Andrews is a top tier TE... but after that, Bateman and Duvernay don't scare me. So if we can control their run game and Andrews, we can compete.

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

IMO the only way we can stand a chance to win is stopping their run game. Are we spying Jackson with a LB or 2? A S and a LB? Just 1 LB? 1 S? Who knows. We have to make him try and beat us with his arm to stand a chance. Andrews is a top tier TE... but after that, Bateman and Duvernay don't scare me. So if we can control their run game and Andrews, we can compete.

If we can compete early we can avoid negative game scripts as well. 

5 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Hits keep coming

I was just about to say this. Max Mitchell will be at RT and Fant at LT. This season is alreday heading to an 0-4 start. The Jets might as well tank out and grab the best QB on the board and start all over again. The good news is if we get a good rookie QB he will be in a team that has good young parts in place. Some heads will roll this season and probably see Saleh and Wilson gone with JD on the hot seat for next year. I know this QB class is a lot better than last year so grabbing one of this guys is a must. My #1 QB right now is Richardson but I still think in a few years you will see Archie Manning as the QB for the Jets. It is crazy how much bad luck we have but I'm also REALLY mad that no one in this organization can put this team in the playoffs and we are now the new Browns of the NFL. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think in theory that sounds good. But when you get down multiple scores.... you just cant keep running the ball and "control the clock" You have to score points. In reality running the ball and controlling the clock to stay in games only works if you score on those long drives. Bc if you're not scoring and the other team is, you cant just keep running.

Yeah, if we're down multiple scores. But to stay in the game, this is where our best shot is to stay close. We're down 3 OTs already.  The defense will already load the box to try to take away the run. They will definitely target them when blitzing.  It's going to be hard to run and pass without theTEs