Week 1: BAL Ravens vs NY Jets

Bobby816

23 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

We need to be taking a hard look at our training and medical staff. Too many injuries and every injury has a timeline of  2 to 52 weeks.

yeah man or who we are drafting and brining in. I feel like we are going after guys that are working harder and love the game but we just still arent seeing it. freak injuries happen and then there are guys that just dont work hard enough like becton. they need to take a look at everything because this is down right embarrassing. another tope 5 pick isn't going to even move the needle here either. we are just stuck in purgatory. I think we realistically go 5-12 and nobody gets fired but we have a new QB next year. 

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

yeah man or who we are drafting and brining in. I feel like we are going after guys that are working harder and love the game but we just still arent seeing it. freak injuries happen and then there are guys that just dont work hard enough like becton. they need to take a look at everything because this is down right embarrassing. another tope 5 pick isn't going to even move the needle here either. we are just stuck in purgatory. I think we realistically go 5-12 and nobody gets fired but we have a new QB next year. 

Training staff 100% needs to be evaluated. But relatively speaking we have 3 injuries. For a whole roster that's not bad.

It just happens to be that it's at 2 crucial offensive positions. I mean would this worry us much is it was Lamarcus Joyner out 1 week, JFM out for the season and Quinnen out 4 weeks? No. So I think we just need to calm down a bit regarding the injuries.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It just happens to be that it's at 2 crucial offensive positions. I mean would this worry us much is it was Lamarcus Joyner out 1 week, JFM out for the season and Quinnen out 4 weeks? No. So I think we just need to calm down a bit regarding the injuries.

I think it is also because JD has been working really hard to build this OL and **** just keeps happening.  We were supposed to have Fant - AVT - McG - Tomlinson - Becton as our starters and we were all excited about the possibility of a top 5 OL.  Then Becton, then Fant moving to RT which he has never played well, then Brown.  So now we will see Mitchell - AVT - McG - Tomlinson - Fant.  On the surface it does not appear too bad but then when you consider that the starting OL was not exactly stellar against the Giants, it is a cause for concern.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

We need to be taking a hard look at our training and medical staff. Too many injuries and every injury has a timeline of  2 to 52 weeks.

Didn't JD completely revamp the training and medical staff two years ago because of all the injuries?  Also, someone needs to convince Woody and the Giants ownership to get real grass.

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

We are going into the 4th year of Douglas. Eventually we need some kind of tangible results here. Whiffing on Becton (likely that whole draft), whiffing on Wilson (more than likely) is not good. He’s got us some good young players but none of them are really proven yet. I really hope the guys from the 21 draft step up and the rookies look promising this year because that’s really all we have.

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yall need to relax. Why are we the team to give up on a guy after 2 seasons. Especially after how he ended last year and the camp he had. Stop it. You gonna bring in another rookie and think they're going to be great, who in college right now is showing that?

He ended last year still well below average and NO another rookie is out of the question. I am all for Zach and still believe but he was not good at all, not even in the last part of the season, he just didnt turn the ball over or make many plays either. Its either he takes a substantial step forward or we find a veteran whose still under like 32 that can start and win games. No more rookies. No more holding the rest of the team back. I still think Zach will show it this year, but he was never at one point last year even close to what Darnold was as a rookie who was in a worse situation. Of we bring in a starter it also shouldn't mean to give up on Zach either. Keep him on the roster and maybe he gets a shot again before the rookie deal is up and he learns from mistakes.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

We are going into the 4th year of Douglas. Eventually we need some kind of tangible results here. Whiffing on Becton (likely that whole draft), whiffing on Wilson (more than likely) is not good. He’s got us some good young players but none of them are really proven yet. I really hope the guys from the 21 draft step up and the rookies look promising this year because that’s really all we have.

Hes done a good job turning over the roster and making trades. Getting rid of Joe D would be a mistake. This team would win games with an average starting QB...which we haven't gotten since Fitz. QB play will hold this team back until we find one that can actually play. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

He ended last year still well below average and NO another rookie is out of the question. I am all for Zach and still believe but he was not good at all, not even in the last part of the season, he just didnt turn the ball over or make many plays either. Its either he takes a substantial step forward or we find a veteran whose still under like 32 that can start and win games. No more rookies. No more holding the rest of the team back. I still think Zach will show it this year, but he was never at one point last year even close to what Darnold was as a rookie who was in a worse situation. Of we bring in a starter it also shouldn't mean to give up on Zach either. Keep him on the roster and maybe he gets a shot again before the rookie deal is up and he learns from mistakes.

I disagree. He looked night and day when he came back. Statistically he wasn't amazing but his decision making was quicker, he took care of the ball and used his legs well. Darnold is a bum, he's irrelevant. You dont give up on Zach after 2 seasons. The guy who lit up the Rams last night was "well below average" his first two seasons and Darnold was better than him those first two years and yet look now. We're in a rush to go nowhere fast. We have no idea what these guys will be, what these coaches will be right now.

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Hes done a good job turning over the roster and making trades. Getting rid of Joe D would be a mistake. This team would win games with an average starting QB...which we haven't gotten since Fitz. QB play will hold this team back until we find one that can actually play. 

I’m not saying get rid of him, but eventually we need to start evaluating actual results. He can build whatever roster he wants and accumulate all the picks in the world but if the team doesn’t win and he can’t find us a QB it’s meaningless. But it’s amazing we are entering year 4/6 and this is where we are. Maybe Wilson is the savior and none of these bumps in the road will matter.

I definitely think out of Douglas, Wilson, and Saleh he will be here the longest. But eventually we need to have a competitive season 

JEts fans are absolutely ruthless, so quick to fire everyone and restart.  

Fact here is, any team would be in big trouble if 2 starting OTs went down injured. This isn't a normal thing to happen. And the other thing is, you have to be able to find starting linemen in the mid rounds, taking a OT round 1 every year isn't it. Joe Douglas has done his job to address the OL, this was unfortunate but to start talking about firing people because of it is not smart especially considering his body of work has been pretty impressive. 

The Jets OL should still be functional with LT-Fant LG-Tomlinson C-McGovern RG-AVT RT-Mitchell. They can do things to support Mitchell, he just has to not be a liability. He did not seem like a disaster in the preseason games, so maybe he'll surprise and be good enough and now he is gaining valuable starting experience.  Lets just pray that Fant stays healthy, idk what he's been dealing with I keep seeing his name on injury lists. 

I am  still good with taking Sauce Gardner. To me, Sauce Gardner is more rare than a OT. He has freakish skill sets and his confidence and attitude is something this team desperately needed. 

I feel like we're moving in the right direction. I really do. But for one reason or another, I'm less excited going into this season than any other I can recall.

It'll be up to the team to give us a reason to believe in them. All expectations now are for us to start the season 2-8 at best. I'm going to lose interest very quickly if we're losing every game by two touchdowns up until the bye week. Especially if we aren't even getting to see what we have in Zach Wilson.

I have no idea how we could win this game. It's a rough draw for us. It's time for Saleh to work some defensive magic.

15 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m not saying get rid of him, but eventually we need to start evaluating actual results.

I hear you. The real question is what is a reasonable timeframe for winning to happen?  After the 2020 draft, I thought 2022 would be the year we make a playoff push.  My expectation now is 2023 with the caveat that Zach doesn’t blow.

I think we forget how putrid this roster was prior to JD. We needed 11 offensive players. A whole offense! We needed almost a whole D except for S (Maye and Adams) and we had Moseley. We also needed a K and P. That is a lot especially with limited cap space at the time. JD did well getting the players. We can argue which players we got, but he addressed all the needs we fans have been screaming about for years.

So, yeah, we need to see results but JD can’t control injuries. Hell, he even addressed that. Therefore, the only logical conclusion to our fortunes is that the Jets are cursed. JD needs to start making offers of rum to Jobu. Although Cerrano may not agree:  Cerrano: “I go to you. I stick up for you. But you no help me now, I say ‘F— you, Jobu.’ I do it myself.”