Playoff Predictions

vike daddy

On 10/24/2022 at 7:49 PM, vikingsrule said:

Vikes are in the driver seat for the division title. Just have to hope they start playing better, some more difficult teams coming with the Cowboys, Bills, Jets and Giants. Though not sold on the Jets and Giants, but I’d also say the same about the Vikes too.

Given how things have gone this year if we can go 2-2 in those 4 I think that would be good. We can't afford an Eagles like loss, we need to be competitive against the other contenders to make me feel more confident heading into the playoffs.

• Like 1

Power Rankings:

1. Philadelphia Eagles, 7-0

Last Week: 35-13 win vs. PIT

Trending: —

This Week: 11/3 @ HOU

The Philadelphia Eagles take over the top spot in the power rankings this week, and it’s for good reason. They dominated the Pittsburgh Steelers in every facet of the game on Sunday, and they look poised to continue that run of success against the Texans.

2. Buffalo Bills, 6-1

Last Week: 27-17 win vs. GB

Trending: -1

This Week: 11/6 @ NYJ

Buffalo has been a terrific defensive unit all season, but they showed some weaknesses against the run on Sunday against the Packers. Granted, they still won the game by double digits, but there were a few chinks in the armor. It’s also noteworthy that they have a few injuries in the secondary right now.

3. Kansas City Chiefs, 5-2

Last Week: Bye

This Week: 11/6 vs. TEN

Kansas City got to rest up this week, and hopefully they come prepared for some big hits from King Henry next weekend.

4. Minnesota Vikings, 6-1

Last Week: 34-26 win vs. ARI

This Week: 11/6 @ WSH

The Vikings had a few mishaps over the course of Sunday’s game against the Cardinals, but their defensive veterans made some huge plays to help them get the win. Patrick Peterson continues to play like one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, and Za’Darius Smith is now tied for the NFL lead in sacks.

5. Dallas Cowboys, 6-2

Last Week: 49-29 win vs. CHI

Trending: +4

This Week: Bye

Dallas heads into their bye with a massive win to help them take over the second-place spot in the NFC East. Tony Pollard took the RB1 snaps this weekend, and the Cowboys offense didn’t miss a beat. With a week to rest up, perhaps Ezekiel Elliott will be ready to go for Week 10.

6. Baltimore Ravens, 5-3

Last Week: 27-22 win @ TB

Trending: +3

This Week: 11/7 @ NO

The Ravens once again went into the fourth quarter with a lead, but this time, they managed to hold on for a win. With the Thursday night game, they now get a long break before a Monday Night Football matchup with the New Orleans Saints.

https://purpleptsd.com/2022/vikings/news/week-9-nfl-power-rankings-a-new-number-one-emerges/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

highly biased rankings.

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

NFC Seedings:

#1 -  PHI 8-0
#2 - MINN 7-1
#3 - SEA 6-3
#4 - Tampa Bay 4-5
#5 - DAL 6-2
#6 - NYG 6-2
#7 - SF 4-4

#12 - GB 3-6
#14 - CHI 3-6
#15 - DET 2-6

Just noticed this about the cumulative records in the NFC:

East +15

North -4

South -10

West -2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

NFC Seedings:

#1 -  PHI 8-0
#2 - MINN 7-1
#3 - SEA 6-3
#4 - Tampa Bay 4-5
#5 - DAL 6-2
#6 - NYG 6-2
#7 - SF 4-4

#12 - GB 3-6
#14 - CHI 3-6
#15 - DET 2-6

Based on that seeding, SF is the last team I'd want to face in the WC round.  I'd much rather have Dallas or the Giants fall to the #7 slot.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Based on that seeding, SF is the last team I'd want to face in the WC round.  I'd much rather have Dallas or the Giants fall to the #7 slot.  

I think SF ultimately ends up winning the NFCW. Aside from the Seahawks and Dolphins their schedule seems pretty favorable.

I'm still not sure what to think of Seattle, I haven't seen them play much this year.

35 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Midpoint predictions

NFC

1. Philadelphia (15-2)
  2. Minnesota (13-4)
  3. San Francisco (11-6)
  4. Tampa Bay (10-7)
  5. Dallas (12-5)
  6. Seattle (11-6)
  7. NY Giants (10-7)

AFC

1. Buffalo (13-4)
  2. Kansas City (13-4)
  3. Baltimore (12-5)
  4. Tennessee (11-6)
  5. Miami (12-5)
  6. NY Jets (11-6)
  7. Cincinnati (10-7)

You can imagine any of the AFC teams on a roll through the playoffs and getting to the Super Bowl.  Not so in the NFC.  It's too early for Seattle and NYG.  Tampa, even with Brady, it's difficult to see their path forward.  Dallas seems to be all glitter, but their substance (IMO) is suspect.  My heart tells me Minnesota has a shot at the SB this year, but my head tells me Philadelphia and San Francisco are better.  

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Wrong video, but I did find it.  I did watch the video you provided...at least the Bears guy thinks the Vikings can win.

https://www.vikings.com/video/david-carr-predicts-final-nine-games-on-vikings-2022-schedule

The Bills are the AFC’s sixth seed after 10 weeks. That’s surprising enough, but Miami and the New York Jets are both ahead of them in playoff seeding now. Can you imagine this table-smashing horror in western New York if the Bills were to sneak into the playoffs as the six seed?

Looks pretty solid that, in some order, Philadelphia (8-0 with Washington at home tonight) and Minnesota (8-1) will be the top two NFC seeds come mid-January.

The Bucs, suddenly, are who we thought they were.

Last year’s Super Bowl teams, Cincinnati and the Rams, are 8-10 this morning. Colt McCoy beat the Rams at SoFi Sunday, and by the way, after 10 weeks of the season in which they’re trying to repeat as world champions, the Rams are in last place in the NFC West.

Tennessee, 29-13 in the regular season since opening day 2020, is going to win the AFC South again. This despite the fact that Derrick Henry is the only Titans’ offensive player who scares any defensive coordinator in football, and the fact that the Titans have scored 19, 17, 17 and 17 in the last four weeks. Titans eked out a win over the toothless Broncos and mysterious Russell Wilson.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/14/tom-brady-germany-peter-king-fmia-week-10/