+13 PHI (#1 in NFL)
+8 MIN (#2 in NFL)
+6 DAL (#4 in NFL)
+4 NYG/SEA (tied for 6th in NFL)
+1 TB (#12 in NFL)
-3 SF (#25 in NFL)

• Like 4

On 11/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, SemperFeist said:

The key to beating Philadelphia is a strong run game that keeps the Eagles’ pass rush from pinning their ears back, while also controlling the clock and keeping the Eagles’ offense on the sideline. Defensively, strong pressure and a defense fast enough to corral Hurts is what will limit the Eagles. 

The Packers, Titans, Cowboys, and Giants have those pieces in place. 

We’ll see if Philly signing Suh and Linval semi limits this “key to beating Philly” sadly. Is there any NTs for Minny to sign to provide relief to Tomlinson? That could end up being our problem area now to

As the magic number counts down to salivatingly low figures, Minnesota may now turn attention to extended homefield advantage, perhaps catching the Eagles for the No.1 seed or simply asserting a stranglehold on the second spot. Should the Vikings maintain their current two-seed status, the probability of hosting two home postseason showdowns skyrockets — so long as the franchise doesn’t lose in the Wildcard Round.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/top_news/welp-the-vikings-have-a-new-magic-number?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

guys... would you like us to actually have the #1 seed, or do you think the time off would lessen the team's focus and result in an early loss?

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

As the magic number counts down to salivatingly low figures, Minnesota may now turn attention to extended homefield advantage, perhaps catching the Eagles for the No.1 seed or simply asserting a stranglehold on the second spot. Should the Vikings maintain their current two-seed status, the probability of hosting two home postseason showdowns skyrockets — so long as the franchise doesn’t lose in the Wildcard Round.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/top_news/welp-the-vikings-have-a-new-magic-number?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

guys... would you like us to actually have the #1 seed, or do you think the time off would lessen the team's focus and result in an early loss?

You always want that bye week. Helps players who are dinged up recover. Gives coaches time to evaluate gameplans and weaknesses. Plus it gives you the best shot at hosting the conference championship game in your own stadium. 

I think we're likely looking at the #2 seed. I think we're likely looking at 12-5 or 13-4. I don't think Philly does any worse than 13-4 (likely 14-3 or 15-2), and they hold the tiebreaker. So it may be a moot point. 

• Like 3

I know you generally always want the bye...but, I think it also depends upon how they are playing at the time.  If they are banged up, they definitely want the bye...but, I think it also helps that they'll probably wrap up the division early, because they can use that game vs. the Bears as a pseudo-bye, so even though they'd have to win 3 games to get to the big one, it'd make it easier because they'll be facing someone who likely will have had to play all their starters the week before to even get into the playoffs, whether that be the Giants, Commanders or Seahawks (it'll likely be one of them right now).