GTD: Week 1 vs 49ers (Regime Debut -- Rebuilding the Tower Begins) AKA Capt Trey Lance Debate

JAF-N72EX

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This makes me wonder if we will sign someone off another teams PS soon…

Also an indication that Patrick isn’t playing centre and IMO probably doesn’t start at guard either.

I'm sure there si some logical reason, but I don't get why you release a guy, only to turn around sign him back to the PS, and elevate him back to the roster.

13 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Mac Jones was not named team captain last year and seemed to fair okay. If TL balls out this will be a non-issue that is completely forgotten about. If he doesn't it will be magnified just like all issues in sports. Just human nature to focus on the negative.

If he balls out he will prove to his teammates that their lack of faith in him was in vain, if he flops he will prove them right ...I don't think anyone is trying to be negative, just that his supporting cast don't fully believe right now. All up to Trey  to prove em wrong or right 

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It was numerical order: 1, 58, 65, 94

how do we know   ?

Flus looked to me like he was learning the voted captians as he announced them in a team meeting  ...didn't see anything about jersey # alphabetical order etc 

looked like top 4 vote getters in order 

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm sure there si some logical reason, but I don't get why you release a guy, only to turn around sign him back to the PS, and elevate him back to the roster.

Poles must be going after someone....maybe that someone was elevated also to game roster for this weekend  ??

feels like another move coming 

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

this was in front of the press or team meeting where he read the results as he saw them for the first time off of his monitor ??

and if yoi are correct about jersey # how do we know JF was not top vote getter ...the 2 are not mutually exclusive 

2 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

this was in front of the press or team meeting where he read the results as he saw them for the first time off of his monitor ??

and if yoi are correct about jersey # how do we know JF was not top vote getter ...the 2 are not mutually exclusive 

I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at Supes response. However, saying that it could have happened is not the same as it did happen. Not that I think that it matters one way or another. Fans put much more thought and credence into these things than players do.

9 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

We don't know if he was the top vot getter or not, that's kind of the point, you made an incorrect statement of fact.  Both at the presser and the video on the website of him announcing it to the team he says it's numerical order.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at Supes response. However, saying that it could have happened is not the same as it did happen. Not that I think that it matters one way or another. Fans put much more thought and credence into these things than players do.

ya clip I saw didnt have that extra 'in numerical order' qualifier 

I still believe he was the top vote getter, he had to beat out hold-in Quan whitehair and quinn

Give It To Me Please GIF by Strays

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What did his contract look like? 

There's guarantees and vestings that come into play