Week 1 GDT: Giants @ Titans

ttitansfan4life

Avoiding talking about anything specific, so it's not an endorsement or condemning of whatever......but the fact that he couldn't stop doing whatever he was doing to keep him out the league is/was an issue. 
Hopefully he has conquered his demons in that area of addiction and pours himself into something more productive and positive and doesn't hinder his ability to play in the league.  Whether that's with us or someone else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Avoiding talking about anything specific, so it's not an endorsement or condemning of whatever......

Ayyy 1st warning of the season!!! WE BACK :P  

jkjk I hear you KT like I said not going deep on the subject.  I doubt he's gonna be a big part of the team anyways lmao

• Like 1

Looking at our recap video from NFL Films, I can't see how we can't be better or as good as we were last year (record wise).

I mean we were winning games with Jackrabbit Jenkins at CB, our 3rd string RB, a shuffled offensive line, PS WRs, no credible threat at TE and no Derrick Henry. 

Yes AJ gone sucks.
But it's addition by subtraction to me. 
Julio was a waste, AJ was hurt half the year.  Enter Robert Woods who should be more reliable. Burks, NWI, Phillips, Chig, Hooper and Gordon. All who if they stay healthy will be better than what we had last year.
Then add in Derrick Henry.
Then add in a confident defense. 

Landry gone sucks, but our sack production and pressures shouldn't suffer drastically. 

I dunno. I can't see us just sucking. 

Titan UP

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Looking at our recap video from NFL Films, I can't see how we can't be better or as good as we were last year (record wise).

I mean we were winning games with Jackrabbit Jenkins at CB, our 3rd string RB, a shuffled offensive line, PS WRs, no credible threat at TE and no Derrick Henry. 

Yes AJ gone sucks.
But it's addition by subtraction to me. 
Julio was a waste, AJ was hurt half the year.  Enter Robert Woods who should be more reliable. Burks, NWI, Phillips, Chig, Hooper and Gordon. All who if they stay healthy will be better than what we had last year.
Then add in Derrick Henry.
Then add in a confident defense. 

Landry gone sucks, but our sack production and pressures shouldn't suffer drastically. 

Titan UP

I think we take a step back. Not a bad team but I don’t think we’ll be 12-5 again. I do think they should win the again. I agree with most of what you said, if you look at it from a broad view, our weapons are better. However, Woods is coming back from an ACL. Two rookies who will get a significant amount of time(3 if you count Chig). One of the rookies struggled to stay healthy during preseason. Plus will Henry be Henry? I have major questions if we’ll see Henry at his best again. Plus the OL? Quessenberry to NPF. Quessenberry was arguably the worst pass blocking RT last year but was very good in the run game. Saffold to Brewer is a HUGE downgrade no matter how you look at it.  Plus another year older for Jones and Lewan. That’s 4 rookies seeing significant time for a offense that struggled a lot at times last season. Defensively, Jackrabbit was hated too much honestly. Dude was playing some good ball down the stretch. I actually like our CBs though. Definitely better than last season but also incredibly young. Thank god for Byard being behind them. Losing Landry sucks. Not just from a pass-rush perspective but from everything he brought. Dude could play the run, had a non-stop motor, good in coverage, while also being effective in rushing the passer. Plus he legit never came off the field. I was looking forward to seeing the trio of Landry, Bud, and Weaver. Now you’re asking Autry to play more edge which to me, he’s way less effective. Plus Autry hasn’t practiced pretty much all of TC. Not sure he’s even a go for week 1 at this point. I think the defense can be very good and it has to be especially early in the season. Not sure we’ll see a whole lot from the offense early in the season. Probably going to take some time to get in a groove with the receivers.

14 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think we take a step back. 

14 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It could very easily go either way depending on luck IMO.  We won't suck, and I don't think anyone thinks that (short of getting wrecked by injuries), but it seems very likely we could regress.

Obviously a lot rides on Tannehill.  If last year was just an aberration, and we get more 2019 or 2020 Tanny this season, we're automatically better.  But last year might have also been the beginning of his decline, and he ends up worse.

There's also a lot of players that could very easily regress: Lewan, Ben Jones, Henry, and even Byard to a lesser degree are getting older, and could be less than what they were.  Then there's Dupree, Woods, Weaver, Farley, and Fulton with recent injuries.  And the fact we're relying on a lot of new faces as starters (Farley, McCreary, Burks, NPF, Brewer, Woods, Hooper, Phillips, and Weaver all should be starters/borderline starters) that weren't part of the team last year.

On the other hand, there are a lot of guys who historically underperformed last year that could be better this year.  Lewan, Henry, Davis, Tanny, and Dupree all had below average seasons, and you could easily see them being much better.  And a lot of players look like they'll be improvements on paper, at least (Hooper and Woods).  Plus we should get some heavy contributions by the 2021 class (Farley, Weaver, and McMath all look promising), and the 2022 class (ditto for Burks, McCreary, NPF, Okonkwo, and Phillips).

Easy to see it going either way.  If I had to guess, we'll be a slightly worse team than last year.  Of course, last year, if Henry doesn't go down, we're probably the best team in the NFL straight up, so that could be true and we could still make a deep playoff run.