ESPN Projected Stats for Wentz

turtle28

35 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I've got 5,477+ yards with 40+ TD's & 10 INT's.

12-5 record.

Wentz with either League MVP or comeback player of the year.

And Colts looking stupid! 😆

Pretty sure Wentz can't be the comeback player of the year.

Either way, all 4 of your points have a much higher chance to be false than true.

*edit* I would love for those to come true, however.

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 9:10 PM, aceinthehouse said:

I've got 5,477+ yards with 40+ TD's & 10 INT's.

12-5 record.

Wentz with either League MVP or comeback player of the year.

And Colts looking stupid! 😆

That’s quite wild. I have him at somewhere in the 4000s as far as passing yards & in between 30 & 35 TDs.

I don’t really understand why they don’t have him going over 4000 yds. Wentz has never played with this much WR talent before. That means when he’s competes some of his passes they will go to 15-20 yards & not 10 yds like when he was on the Eagles always throwing to his top two targets which were TEs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The ringer has Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Mariota, Tua and Goff all ranked ahead of Wentz lol. I don’t think this whole thing is going to work out but the Wentz hate has kinda gotten silly at this point. 

https://qbrankings.theringer.com

Those bolded are absolutely ridiculous. I'll listen to or agree with arguments on the others, but the bolded? Just being hateful. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Those bolded are absolutely ridiculous. I'll listen to or agree with arguments on the others, but the bolded? Just being hateful. 

The only one of those 5 who there could be an argument for over Wentz is Jared Goff, Goff has been to a Super Bowl. When he was on the Rams, McVay was his HC & he had weapons, Goff threw for over 4600 yards two years in a row & threw for 32 TDs the year went to the Super Bowl. I know Goff gets a bad rap much in the way guys like Cousins does but as long as they have good/great weapons to throw to, they’re likely to go over 4000 yards & get around or over 30 TDs.

Jones & Tua have not proven they can consistently be in Wentz’s territory as a QB. Mariota & Geno Smith are back ups that are just keeping their team’s seats warm until their franchise finds their next young QB to had the keys to. Atlanta may have found theirs in Ridder & Mariota may not even finish the season as Atlanta’s starter.

Wentz is a better passer than Hurts has shown too.

On this list, I think Wentz should be in the same area as Jameis Winston, and arguably above him. Production just says so. Wentz & Tanehill are pretty similar IMO. They have all the tools, are athletic and can make some great plays outside of the pocket but consistency has always been an issue with each of them.

I will also go out on a limb (not really IMO) and say that Matt Ryan is being way overrated by Steve Ruiz’s rankings in this article & Trevor Lawrence for opposite reasons. Ryan may know what he’s doing as much as any QB in the league but, he’s not able to do it the way he used to 5-10 years ago. His skills have diminished. Trevor Lawrence has all the physical skills & tools but not the consistency or experience to show he can do it, so why is he ahead of guys who have shown they can & have consistently played good to well for 7 years or so like Cousins, Tanehill, Goff & Wentz?

And Trey Lance is ahead of Wentz? GTFOH w/ this list! This dude should never be able to write an article of any kind again! 😂 

Edited by turtle28