Week 1 GDT: Broncos at Seahawks

broncos_fan _from _uk

3 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Did Hackett give Wilson any freedom at the line of scrimmage or was the team just too late breaking from the huddle for Wilson to do anything when he got under centre?

My understanding is that this was the issue. Hackett was calling 2 plays every time and giving Russ the option of choosing which one to run at the line, once the D set up. Specifically I heard that both goal line fumbles were a result of Russ audibling to the run at the line. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

My understanding is that this was the issue. Hackett was calling 2 plays every time and giving Russ the option of choosing which one to run at the line, once the D set up. Specifically I heard that both goal line fumbles were a result of Russ audibling to the run at the line. 

Interesting. In a loud environment like Seattle that requires some time to get that to everyone. If you get to the line with only a few seconds left on the play clock it's almost impossible. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:17 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Man this team had way too much dip on their chip lmao. That’s a loss easily chalked up to first game for all people involved, but still so dumb 

On 9/18/2022 at 9:22 PM, Broncofan said:

Besides the indecision and delays in getting plays off this is awful.   Coaches need to be more accountable 2 weeks in.  

The penalties are the worst because that is all mental.  Fumbles and injuries happen every game, which sometimes you cannot control.  However, penalties are the worst because that is discipline, and the Broncos have none right now, and you cannot win anything without it.  Here is to the draft!