The Week 1 Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Washington Commanders, 1 PM Sunday on FOX

MikeT14

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

They’re just trying to make $, it’s likely to be a close game. I don’t know that a lot separates the two teams but people are putting a whole lot of stock in everything going right for the Jags new HC Pederson with all of their new pieces playing well while not having any faith in Rivera & Wentz to play as well as Heinicke did last year.

The line is the line Turtle. If it's +2.5 Jags that means they realistically have a .5 point advantage outside of the betting. Vegas didn't get the way it is by miscalculating the odds a lot.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Makes zero sense to me. If Carson just plays as he did last year in Indy which to me is his floor given the weapons around him, at worst were 7-10 again. The Giants floor has to be like 4 or 5 wins.

I just don’t understand how down many are on the team. I get not being sold on the team, I don’t get thinking they’ll be worse than last year.

I think it's fairly obvious, the media absolutely hates Carson Wentz. I get that it's his 3rd team in 3 years but they're putting the loss to the Jaguars last year on him. Every year they talk about how good Colts team is going to be because they have a good o-line and good defense, but imo their defense really isn't that good and last year their o-line was beat up and wasn't that good in pass protection. So since they didn't make the playoffs it has to be his fault it can't be their lack of weapons outside of Jonathon Taylor and Michael Pittman and their defensives woes.  If the o-line can hold up and Wentz isn't forced to try to go rogue and make these crazy mistakes he's going to be just fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

The line is the line Turtle. If it's +2.5 Jags that means they realistically have a .5 point advantage outside of the betting. Vegas didn't get the way it is by miscalculating the odds a lot.

Oh I understand that. I do think it’ll be a close game, hopefully we come out on top.

53 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I think it's fairly obvious, the media absolutely hates Carson Wentz. I get that it's his 3rd team in 3 years but they're putting the loss to the Jaguars last year on him. Every year they talk about how good Colts team is going to be because they have a good o-line and good defense, but imo their defense really isn't that good and last year their o-line was beat up and wasn't that good in pass protection. So since they didn't make the playoffs it has to be his fault it can't be their lack of weapons outside of Jonathon Taylor and Michael Pittman and their defensives woes.  If the o-line can hold up and Wentz isn't forced to try to go rogue and make these crazy mistakes he's going to be just fine. 

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I have no feel for this game --at all. We could win 41-17 or lose 31-13 .. No feel for Wentz. Seems like he played like 25 plays in the 3 games. nothing great, nothing awful. I'd feel better with Brian Robinson . looks like a pounder . wear the D down . I hope he can beat the Jags just to shut Irsay the frek up ! Get the monkey off his back would/ will be a good start !

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I have no feel for this game --at all. We could win 41-17 or lose 31-13 .. No feel for Wentz. Seems like he played like 25 plays in the 3 games. nothing great, nothing awful. I'd feel better with Brian Robinson . looks like a pounder . wear the D down . I hope he can beat the Jags just to shut Irsay the frek up ! Get the monkey off his back would/ will be a good start !

I truly think our offense is going to put up points and have no idea what to expect from the defense. I worry about the linebacker depth but we are going to play a buffalo nickel which acts as a linebacker somewhat and hopefully can cover a tight end. Landon Collins was incapable of covering a tight end and that hurt last year, if Kam Curl plays he is more than capable of covering a tight end, but who knows with the thumb if he's playing or not.  I think we win but wouldn't be surprised at the same time if we come out slow and look like the same old incompetent franchise that we're all used to. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I think most people are in this same boat and that’s why people are so negative about the team & Carson. No one has any feel for how this is going to go & when fans & media feel that way people fear the worst with this team bc you know… Washington.

Edited by turtle28

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think most people are in this same boat and that’s why people are so negative about the team & Carson. No one has any feel for how this is going to go & when fans & media feel that way people fear the worst with this team bc you know… Washington.

Turtle, gotta say--I luv that refer to the team as "Washington".. 😍

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Turtle, gotta say--I luv that refer to the team as "Washington".. 😍

Well remember like 3-10 years ago we used to just says, “it’s Redskins.” Or whatever, so now the explanation is you know… Washington. For everything that goes wrong! 😂 

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-jaguars-week-1-injury-report

Injury report for us is long:

The Washington Commanders and Jacksonville Jaguars have announced their first injury reports for the Week 1 matchup.

WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Table inside Article
PLAYER INJU RY        WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY GAME STATUS
S Kamren Curl Thumb DNP      
WR Cam Sims Concussion Limited      
TE Logan Thomas Knee Limited      
TE Cole Turner Hamstring Limited      
TE John Bates Calf Full      
DT Phidarian Mathis Ankle Full      
G Trai Turner Quad Full      

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Table inside Article