The Week 1 Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Washington Commanders, 1 PM Sunday on FOX

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Green Bay was offering the 53rd pick for us to move back but instead we traded for a third and a fourth? lol

I can't see it either but I am assuming 11 for 22 + 53? 780 + 370 = 1150 

16 + 98 + 120 - 1000+108+54 = 1162

Seems like they're both even. Just depends if you would have rather had something like Quay Walker/Alec Pierce or Dotson/Robinson/Sam Howell/however else that trade worked out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Seems like they're both even. Just depends if you would have rather had something like Quay Walker/Alec Pierce or Dotson/Robinson/Sam Howell/however else that trade worked out. 

I think time will prove we made the right move.

Had we traded with GB & 22 & the 53rd pick is what we got? We would have missed out on all the WR's in the 1st Rd, which was a dire need for us, imo.

Sure, it would have been nice to have that 53rd pick to go along with the Mathis pick.

But I believe Dotson is going to be a very solid addition for us. I've heard nothing but good things from him so far this yr.

• Like 1

Green Bay was offering the 53rd pick for us to move back but instead we traded for a third and a fourth? lol

Because they wanted Dotson. We would’ve  had to move back to 22 & would’ve missed out on Dotson & Treylon Burks. 

I have no problems taking Dotson & getting the rest of the players we got BRob, your boy Sam Howell & Cole Turner all who could be starting for us within a few years if they continue to build off the progresses they showed this summer.

The trade down w/ New Orleans got us two definite starters (Dotson & BRob) and may have gotten us 4. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think time will prove we made the right move.

Had we traded with GB & 22 & the 53rd pick is what we got? We would have missed out on all the WR's in the 1st Rd, which was a dire need for us, imo.

Sure, it would have been nice to have that 53rd pick to go along with the Mathis pick.

But I believe Dotson is going to be a very solid addition for us. I've heard nothing but good things from him so far this yr.

I agree but I guess the only thing I would say is that if we had traded down with GB we could’ve gotten Quay Walker or Devin Lloyd to bolster our LB corps still & had the 53rd pick as well as our own 47th pick where we took Mathis. 

Still, I have no problem with what we did at all.

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’d take the latter. I love the Dotson, BRob, Sam Howell & Cole Turner picks.  Two definite starters there & maybe 4 if Sam Howell & Cole Turner continue to progress the way they did this summer.

Edited by turtle28

Two things to note. Position in the first round. Had we dropped from 11 to 22, you likely miss on ALL the top receivers. Of course unless they had a crystal ball they wouldnt have known that for sure. Getting 3 picks for 1 pick (while only dropping 5 spots) is pretty good. Also, the value chart still had us losing point wise, for both trade offers. Which I will never understand accepting less value for a premium pick, but it is what it is. 

We ended up getting some pretty decent players. Time will tell if they turn into anything.

Edited by Slappy Mc

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Because they wanted Dotson. We would’ve  had to move back to 22 & would’ve missed out on Dotson & Treylon Burks. 

I have no problems taking Dotson & getting the rest of the players we got BRob, your boy Sam Howell & Cole Turner all who could be starting for us within a few years if they continue to build off the progresses they showed this summer.

The trade down w/ New Orleans got us two definite starters (Dotson & BRob) and may have gotten us 4. 

I mean, we really have no clue if anyone else had Dotson rated as highly as we did and we easily could’ve traded down with the 53rd pick. Turning down a second for a super late third and a fourth rounder seems silly to me. 

5 hours ago, rizzy said:

I am happy with the pick but I guess the hope is that we could have still gotten Dotson at 22 since most people considered us taking him where we did to be a reach.

If Green Bay was moving up, my thought is they were doing so bc there was a run on WRs going. My opinion is they wanted to trade up for Dotson.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, we really have no clue if anyone else had Dotson rated as highly as we did and we easily could’ve traded down with the 53rd pick. Turning down a second for a super late third and a fourth rounder seems silly to me. 

If Green Bay was moving up, who else do you think they’d be moving up for after losing DeVante Adams? It had to either be Dotson or Treylon Burks & Dotson was rated higher.

Also, we turned #11 into Dotson, BRob, Howell & Cole Turner. You can’t possibly be saying you have issues with any of those picks but Dotson who you thought we took too early.

You loved the other 3 picks as far as I can remember, and it’s hard not to like them bc they look like they’ll all be major contributors and maybe starters for us.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If Green Bay was moving up, who else do you think they’d be moving up for after losing DeVante Adams? It had to either be Dotson or Treylon Burks & Dotson was rated higher.

Also, we turned #11 into Dotson, BRob, Howell & Cole Turner. You can’t possibly be saying you have issues with any of those picks but Dotson who you thought we took too early.

You loved the other 3 picks as far as I can remember, and it’s hard not to like them bc they look like they’ll all be major contributors and maybe starters for us.

And we could’ve had even more. They just don’t seem to ever get the better end of a deal.