The Week 1 Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Washington Commanders, 1 PM Sunday on FOX

MikeT14

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, I know it’s just week 1 but Jahan Dotson outplayed Garrett Wilson & Chris Olave yesterday.

I told you guys this last week, that we would take Dotson over Chris Olave and Wilson after pre season... let alone after we see what he does in regular season.

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I'd rather bring Payne back than Sweat.... that's really what it comes down to right?

I mean, if you're going to completely avoid free agency and not plan to bring a lot of your depth back I see no reason why they can't just pay the entire DL? 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, if you're going to completely avoid free agency and not plan to bring a lot of your depth back I see no reason why they can't just pay the entire DL? 

To a certain extent doesn’t Wentz count as a FA acquisition? They traded for his $28 mil contract this year. I’d say it does. It’s at least an off-season acquisition as a trade.

They didn’t re-sign/couldn’t get Scherff to agree to a long term deal, so they signed Andrew Norwell. They let Flowers go bc he wasn’t worth $10 mil a year & signed Trai Turner as a comparable OG. They re-signed Leno instead of letting him walk, same with Lucas, McCain, & McKissic. They signed Efe Obada, a DE/DT for depth too.

I am 100% with you that they should’ve done more to upgrade the LB corps, slot corner, a 3rd pass rusher given Chase’s injury & a FS who’s better than McCain, but we need to stop acting like they did zippy in FA.

At least for one game, it looks like they knew more than all of us about Darrick Forrest. He’s the reason they felt comfortable moving on from Landon when Landon wouldn’t take a 2nd pay cut to help the team.

They didn’t even have Kam Curl yesterday, he’ll improve coverage in the slot & vs RBs/TEs when he comes back.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

They didn't completely avoid FA.  They signed two new starting Guards, and strategically did it by not impacting their comp pick formula. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I wonder if we could get anything for Brown.

‪McKissic needs more snaps & I think Toney needs more snaps in 3rd & long over jag DE pass rushers like JSW & Toohill. Toney needs to be used as a situational pass rusher & they need to use JSW & Toohill on run down/2nd in short/medium.‬