The Week 1 Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Washington Commanders, 1 PM Sunday on FOX

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And we could’ve had even more. They just don’t seem to ever get the better end of a deal. 

Personally, I don’t think that’s up for debate. Getting Dotson who’s comparable to Wilson & Olave in a trade down plus those 3 picks who all look like good picks for us is a good deal.

You don’t seem to care about probably/possibly losing out on Dotson bc you just think he’s a jag. It’s a little funny to me bc you’re valuing getting a 2nd round pick more then getting the WR they wanted in the draft. And to add on to that, when’s the last time we drafted a 2nd round pick who’s had a major impact for this team? Rocky McIntosh in 2006?

I guess Preston Smith wasn’t a bust, but wasn’t exactly a home run either. He’s an average pass rusher who the Packers overpaid in free agency.

I don’t really care about getting a 2nd. It likely would’ve been a bust for us just like every other 2nd. 😂 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Personally, I don’t think that’s up for debate. Getting Dotson who’s comparable to Wilson & Olave in a trade down plus those 3 picks who all look like good picks for us is a good deal.

You don’t seem to care about probably/possibly losing out on Dotson bc you just think he’s a jag. It’s a little funny to me bc you’re valuing getting a 2nd round pick more then getting the WR they wanted in the draft. And to add on to that, when’s the last time we drafted a 2nd round pick who’s had a major impact for this team? Rocky McIntosh in 2006?

I guess Preston Smith wasn’t a bust, but wasn’t exactly a home run either. He’s an average pass rusher who the Packers overpaid in free agency.

I don’t really care about getting a 2nd. It likely would’ve been a bust for us just like every other 2nd. 😂 

I don’t agree that Dotson is comparable to Wilson or Olave. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If Green Bay was moving up, who else do you think they’d be moving up for after losing DeVante Adams? It had to either be Dotson or Treylon Burks & Dotson was rated higher.

Also, we turned #11 into Dotson, BRob, Howell & Cole Turner. You can’t possibly be saying you have issues with any of those picks but Dotson who you thought we took too early.

You loved the other 3 picks as far as I can remember, and it’s hard not to like them bc they look like they’ll all be major contributors and maybe starters for us.

Well they move up for Olave also. It was 11. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t agree that Dotson is comparable to Wilson or Olave. 

Neither did I when they drafted him - but all accounts would suggest he's better. I guess we shall see but th maturity and the skill set is very promising. If we had to redraft - I'd pick Dotson over those two for sure.

52 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Neither did I when they drafted him - but all accounts would suggest he's better. I guess we shall see but th maturity and the skill set is very promising. If we had to redraft - I'd pick Dotson over those two for sure.

I’d take Wilson or Olave over Dotson straight up but, I’d take Dotson, BRob, Howell & Cole Turner over just Olave or Wilson bc 1) Dotson isn’t a far drop off from them - if he even is and 2) I’d rather have 2 to 4 starters instead of just 1.

27 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Nobody ever knows what to expect in week 1.

We have 12 new starters and a competent HC. Much different team and vibe from last year.

I’m just glad football is back.

Best of luck.

I'll be very intrigued to see how Etienne is, especially with Robinson back. I have both on fantasy teams. It'll be interesting to watch. Etienne should be the feature to beat us Sunday imo.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll be very intrigued to see how Etienne is, especially with Robinson back. I have both on fantasy teams. It'll be interesting to watch. Etienne should be the feature to beat us Sunday imo.

He should be a huge mismatch in the passing game. One of the only guys that can take it the distance from anywhere on the field. I would expect ETN and Kirk to lead the team in touches on Sunday.

How is your O-Line? 

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He should be a huge mismatch in the passing game. One of the only guys that can take it the distance from anywhere on the field. I would expect ETN and Kirk to lead the team in touches on Sunday.

How is your O-Line? 

Respectable, moreso in the running game. One or two new guards though, but no big drop off. Supposedly, we have a lot of weapons too, so I could see something where it's just both teams airing it out. Our D's biggest weakness is obviously pass defense. 

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Respectable, moreso in the running game. One or two new guards though, but no big drop off. Supposedly, we have a lot of weapons too, so I could see something where it's just both teams airing it out. Our D's biggest weakness is obviously pass defense. 

I wonder if Tyson Campbell will follow Terry around. Dotson gonna be in the slot?

We were able to generate a lot of pressure in the pre-season (I know) just rushing 4 but I think Mike Caldwell is gonna give Carson a bunch of different looks. The D was pretty vanilla in the pre-season, so I’m eager to see how aggressive he is with these blitz packages. Our D is much more talented and faster than last year.