The Week 1 Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Washington Commanders, 1 PM Sunday on FOX

MikeT14

49 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Glad we didn’t trade everything for Russell Wilson he is toxic 

I've been saying that all off season.

What we got for Wentz, compared to what Denver traded for Wilson is ridiculously not even close.

Think about this....

Denver traded 3 first round picks

A 2nd Rd pick

TE Noah Fant & QB Drew Lock

For what you saw tonight...

• Like 1

He actually displayed a lot of leadership by owning the two ints and talking infront of the team after the game. Eventhough from my viewpoint on the int he threw on the screen to Trayvon  Walker, 3 players didn’t do their job well so, it ended up being a tremendous int for Walker.

Leno didn’t sell the screen well, didn’t block Walker out of the way. Gibson set up in the spot where Wentz threw it then ridiculous ran away from the line of scrimmage so he wasn’t in the area to catch Wentz’s pass. On a screen as a RB, you don’t want to be a moving target. And, Wentz probably should’ve dirted it bc it wasn’t looking good from the start.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

I said this year that Wilson & Ryan are done.

I wouldn't have traded for either of them.

Had Broncos traded the same compensation we did for Wentz?

Then, that wouldn't have been too bad. But multiple 1st rounders, a 2nd, a pro bowl TE & Drew Lock? He'll nah....for a gimpy Wilson.

Colts are simply stupid, if they think Matt Ryan is an upgrade over Wentz. (At this pt in his career)

I bet Wentz has that game circled on his calendar. 

32 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I said this year that Wilson & Ryan are done.

I wouldn't have traded for either of them.

Had Broncos traded the same compensation we did for Wentz?

Then, that wouldn't have been too bad. But multiple 1st rounders, a 2nd, a pro bowl TE & Drew Lock? He'll nah....for a gimpy Wilson.

Colts are simply stupid, if they think Matt Ryan is an upgrade over Wentz. (At this pt in his career)

I bet Wentz has that game circled on his calendar. 

I think what’s even more sad about the Wilson/Broncos trade is that short of trading one of our DL to Seattle - like I would’ve trade Payne - we didn’t have a QB anyone wanted & most of our players other teams don’t covet. Hard to trade for a Hall of Fame QB if you don’t have many pro bowlers or top 100 players to send back in the deal.

11 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Constantly have a list of teams he would like to be traded to .

This is kinda a normal occurrence for superstars in any sport.

and threw his oline under the bus while wanting to be the highest paid qb in th nfl

Are you talking about the Dan Patrick interview? He wasn't wrong. He was critical, but I don't remember him being mean?

he is passive aggressive and wants to accept no blame 

He's corny as hell, that's for sure. But ironically, after his loss to WFT:

“It’s not the O-line’s fault. I have to be better,” an emotional Wilson said of the loss, per Gregg Bell of The News Tribune.

• Like 1