The Week 1 Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Washington Commanders, 1 PM Sunday on FOX

MikeT14

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I wonder if Tyson Campbell will follow Terry around. Dotson gonna be in the slot?

Honestly? Don't know. Samuel can play out of there too. If Turner is smart we'll see a lot of different guys there. 

11 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We were able to generate a lot of pressure in the pre-season (I know) just rushing 4 but I think Mike Caldwell is gonna give Carson a bunch of different looks. The D was pretty vanilla in the pre-season, so I’m eager to see how aggressive he is with these blitz packages. Our D is much more talented and faster than last year. 

God, I hope that was the case with us too.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He should be a huge mismatch in the passing game. One of the only guys that can take it the distance from anywhere on the field. I would expect ETN and Kirk to lead the team in touches on Sunday.

How is your O-Line? 

Etiene will be a huge test for our 2nd year 1st round pick LB Jamin Davis & our strong safety Kam Curl and/or Darrick Forrest but, Jamin has shown to be good in coverage & Curl is as well. So, it will be something exciting to watch.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I wonder if Tyson Campbell will follow Terry around. Dotson gonna be in the slot?

We were able to generate a lot of pressure in the pre-season (I know) just rushing 4 but I think Mike Caldwell is gonna give Carson a bunch of different looks. The D was pretty vanilla in the pre-season, so I’m eager to see how aggressive he is with these blitz packages. Our D is much more talented and faster than last year. 

Curtis Samuel is listed as our slot WR. I agree with @MikeT14 though I think they’ll move the 3 of them around w/ Terry going to the slot for a handful of plays &’possibly Dotson as well but, Samuel is listed as our slot WR.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Etiene will be a huge test for our 2nd year 1st round pick LB Jamin Davis & our strong safety Kam Curl and/or Darrick Forrest but, Jamin has shown to be good in coverage & Curl is as well. So, it will be something exciting to watch.

This gonna sting.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Betting nugget: Washington is 1-5 ATS in September games under coach Ron Rivera, including 0-3 ATS last season. Read more.

Going Jags ML at plus money. Might also take a peak at team totals, I’d seen O21.5 at something like +110, which seems plausible given how bad this defense is. I really think the Jaguars are going to look a ton better with Pederson instead of Meyer. 

6 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Going Jags ML at plus money. Might also take a peak at team totals, I’d seen O21.5 at something like +110, which seems plausible given how bad this defense is. I really think the Jaguars are going to look a ton better with Pederson instead of Meyer. 

I think a parlay of Jags ML plus race to 20/25/30 would be great

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This gonna sting.

Ugh, Big L for me. 

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

L Ls GIF by MOODMAN

With Curl out does that mean all BSJ instead of Buffalo nickel except on short yardage/2 TE packages?

Does Milo Eifler get run as the 3rd LB bc he’s good in coverage? I think it’s more likely Darrick Forrest plays more as a 3rd S rather than a 3rd LB. But, does Butler play? Reaves? I fear we’ll see Bostic on 1st downs & short yardage more than we’d like.

Edited by turtle28

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ugh, Big L for me. 

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

L Ls GIF by MOODMAN

With Curl out does that mean all BSJ instead of Buffalo nickel except on short yardage/2 TE packages?

Does Milo Eifler get run as the 3rd LB bc he’s good in coverage? I think it’s more likely Darrick Forrest plays more as a 3rd S rather than a 3rd LB. But, does Butler play? Reaves? I fear we’ll see Bostic on 1st downs & short yardage more than we’d like.

I think one of the beat guys said expect to see more Reaves.