Stanton wins NL MVP

Spartica4Real

So how does the congratulations message go from Jeter to Stanton? 

Jeter: "Heya Giancarlo,  I just wanted to give you this gift basket and tell you congratulations on your MVP award. I want you to know how proud we are to have you on the Miami Marlins for the next 19 days" 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Jeter: "Heya Giancarlo,  I just wanted to give you this gift basket and tell you congratulations on your MVP award. I want you to know how proud we are to have you on the Miami Marlins for the next 19 days" 

That's a lot longer than most gift baskets get.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

"But Derek, you already sent me a gift basket before when you took over, remember?"

I personally usually don't like someone to win the MVP on a team that didn't make the playoffs.. but this year is one of the few times I absolutely agree with the decision. The only thing I didn't like about this year for Stanton is that he strikes out wayyyy too much.. but 59 home runs and 132 ribs. I'd have liked to see the BA a little bit higher.. but you get what you get. Good for him, especially in a very tough year for the Marlins going through the loss of Fernandez. For the Marlins sake, I hope they don't trade him.. I just see no way that they will get equal value for him on the market. 

On 11/16/2017 at 6:34 PM, CAS22 said:

Happy for BDS but Votto got robbed.

I wouldn't say robbed. I would have voted for Votto too, but this was a close call. Really fun MVP race in the NL this year. I hope Votto can keep this up into his late 30s. Stanton gets more eyeballs, but I feel like I learn something whenever I see an AB from Votto.

Archived