Jets QB Zach Wilson won't play until week 4 "at the earliest"; Starting QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If we can protect Flacco, I think we'll be okay. I honestly was hoping to see Wilson start week 2. Week 4 being the earliest feels like we won't see him until week 6. 

Our O-line hasn't had much time to gel this offseason after things being shaken up a bit. Rolling out Flacco could be just as much about working out the kinks in the Oline as it is Wilson's injury. 

Glad we're letting Zach heal for a few more weeks. 

24 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Can Flacco theoretically win the job? Like if he goes Playoff Joe in these 4 games and the Jets take down the AFC north, is it his job?

No. Flacco is terrible. Guy has extremely poor field awareness. He throws awful interceptions, that even rookies don't throw and he still can't sense pressure coming.

If they are holding Wilson out for 4 weeks, they may as well IR him for 6 and activate Streveler. He or White should be getting snaps, not Flacco.

I'm reading this a lot diffrent than you guys. 

Zach was suppose to be out 2-4 weeks. This was 2 weeks ago and now they say week 4 at best. Then you add Saleh saying he wants him to be 100% including MENTALY! That right there is a flag to me. I think JD and Saleh are starting to see that Zach Wilson is not the answer to this team. He did not have a very good camp and did not do much in the preseason. I think they are setting up to grab the future QB in this years draft. I have a feeling it will be Richardson from Florida. This season in down the drain. This team is 0-4 and then you throw in a Wilson who will struggle as usual and we are 1-9 with no hope. I think Saleh feels he has 1 more year left to turn it around or JD will have no choice but to move on. Like I said this is strange how he goes from maybe week 1 to out until week 4 or even longer. We should have grabbed Baker Mayfield and see what this team was with him. We stay too long with these QB's. They either have it or they don't. 

What a joke.  If it's not 2-4 weeks then keep your mouth shut and stop saying 2-4 weeks.  Now we are to believe it's going to be 7 weeks?  First Becton now Zack with these BS injury timetables, embarrassing.  Just when you think this team has the right people in place to become a functional team they embarrass themselves yet again.

• Like 1

The bone bruise made the injury more complicated. People keep forgetting the fact he had 2 different injuries, it was a bone bruise which is a 4-8 week injury. The other injury was 2-4 weeks. The bone bruise isn't there yet. I rather the Jets make sure he is 100% then throwing him out there to get hurt again. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

The bone bruise made the injury more complicated. People keep forgetting the fact he had 2 different injuries, it was a bone bruise which is a 4-8 week injury. The other injury was 2-4 weeks. The bone bruise isn't there yet. I rather the Jets make sure he is 100% then throwing him out there to get hurt again. 

Without question we want him 100% and they are doing the right thing there but just handling it in the worst possible way.