Jets QB Zach Wilson won't play until week 4 "at the earliest"; Starting QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

A couple thoughts here.

1) This Wilson news really makes me question the Becton stuff and how well players are handling a coaching staff that is seemingly making the players look bad. Bectons stock in the eyes of the fans took a massive hit last season because the coaches gave a timeline for a healthy return and it never happened. People assumed he was the one slacking,rather than the possibility that the staff was wrong. Now Wilson is dealing with a similar issue. I'd be pissed if I was a player, getting my name smeared because the team is putting out bad info.

2) beating a dead horse here but I hammered the point at the time and Ite just as valid now. We would have been so much better off right now if we had kept Darnold, signed a vet to compete with him. We could have gotten a mammoth haul for that pick and further stacked this team. Sure Darnold would have sucked but the team would have been that much stronger for the new QB and the rookie head coach and rookie of(salah and lafleur) would have gotten to get their toes we before ruining a rookie QB. Further to the point, for this season we could have then had Jimmy g or jameis Winston while being in great position to go get a guy in the next draft.

I'm so tired of the shortsighted, poorly managed team. Why do they have to be such jokes.

37 minutes ago, drew39k said:

2) beating a dead horse here but I hammered the point at the time and Ite just as valid now. We would have been so much better off right now if we had kept Darnold, signed a vet to compete with him. We could have gotten a mammoth haul for that pick and further stacked this team. Sure Darnold would have sucked but the team would have been that much stronger for the new QB and the rookie head coach and rookie of(salah and lafleur) would have gotten to get their toes we before ruining a rookie QB. Further to the point, for this season we could have then had Jimmy g or jameis Winston while being in great position to go get a guy in the next draft.

I'm so tired of the shortsighted, poorly managed team. Why do they have to be such jokes.

I would have just taken Chase at 2 overall before I drafted ZW if it came down to it. But what’s done is done, but this is looking like Darnold all over again. But worse 

Im not even mad at the injury, I just dont get why lie about it (the organization)?  Hinting and saying yeah he might be ready to play week 1 and the next day saying out till week 4 at the earliest is just really bad optics and makes it look like a clown show

Wilson has meniscus strain an injury that takes 4-6 weeks to recover.  He doesn't make the pre fourth week time line to suit up for NFL regular season week one and is instead likely going for the 6 week recovery time.  Fans, he's a bust!  Lets trash the coaches!   Like what?

I mean someone needs to be called out on this. How our medical staff is constantly always having us as one of the most injured teams in the league and have no clue on timetables is absurd. These should be the best people in the business. And yet a regular doctor in any neighborhood can give us more accurate info on injuries than our medical staff. Saleh should learn to just not comment on timeframes now. Clearly our medical staff can’t be trusted.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean someone needs to be called out on this. How our medical staff is constantly always having us as one of the most injured teams in the league and have no clue on timetables is absurd. These should be the best people in the business. And yet a regular doctor in any neighborhood can give us more accurate info on injuries than our medical staff. Saleh should learn to just not comment on timeframes now. Clearly our medical staff can’t be trusted.

This I agree with. I don't see how we consistently have terrible time tables on major injuries. Becton last year went from a couple weeks to barely making it to camp. I have a feeling Week 4 is going to be the first of many pushbacks.

I see more and more people jumping on the move on from Wilson train. You guys already know I'm not a fan of his but I'm more upset we did not go after Baker Mayfield. They did him so dirty with the Browns he is going to be better than people think. He was injured all last year and STILL put up better numbers than most starters. This may sound crazy but I have a feeling that the league and the Jets are kind of setting this up for Archie Manning to carry the Jets. I think we have a few more hard years ahead guys. I do think JD is the right guy for GM but the rest can go. Unless I see some crazy things I'm at the low end now of my projection. The Jets win 3 games. They end up 3-14 and have the third pick in the draft. Lock it in sorry boys. The only thing that can change this is Hall himself. Hall has to carry the ball 20-25 times a game and average 120 yards a game for the Jets to do anything. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I see more and more people jumping on the move on from Wilson train. You guys already know I'm not a fan of his but I'm more upset we did not go after Baker Mayfield. They did him so dirty with the Browns he is going to be better than people think. He was injured all last year and STILL put up better numbers than most starters. This may sound crazy but I have a feeling that the league and the Jets are kind of setting this up for Archie Manning to carry the Jets. I think we have a few more hard years ahead guys. I do think JD is the right guy for GM but the rest can go. Unless I see some crazy things I'm at the low end now of my projection. The Jets win 3 games. They end up 3-14 and have the third pick in the draft. Lock it in sorry boys. The only thing that can change this is Hall himself. Hall has to carry the ball 20-25 times a game and average 120 yards a game for the Jets to do anything. 

Baker has major flaws as well, he wouldn't have fixed our problems here. 

We either need to swing big for a vet like Lamar, or try again next year with a loaded QB class - Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Anthony Richardson, Will Levis, Tyler Van Dyke... there may be 6 first round QB's this year.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

100%, couldn't agree more.

The whole players name being stained because of this is a very valid point too. Imagine from a player's standpoint - the team hasn't been good, taxes suck, guys get hurt often playing here (wonder if this is a strength & conditioning issue), and then the team doctors misdiagnose the recovery timetables.

We are a mess.