Jets QB Zach Wilson won't play until week 4 "at the earliest"; Starting QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

What sort of trade value would Wilson have? I doubt we would get more for him than Darnold at this point... teams will know better than to not let us fleece them on a QB trade again.

Maybe ZW would be the centerpiece of a package for Lamar, but even still I'm iffy on him as a passer. At least he's proven he can win though.

22 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm reading this a lot diffrent than you guys. 

Zach was suppose to be out 2-4 weeks. This was 2 weeks ago and now they say week 4 at best. Then you add Saleh saying he wants him to be 100% including MENTALY! That right there is a flag to me. I think JD and Saleh are starting to see that Zach Wilson is not the answer to this team. He did not have a very good camp and did not do much in the preseason. I think they are setting up to grab the future QB in this years draft. I have a feeling it will be Richardson from Florida. This season in down the drain. This team is 0-4 and then you throw in a Wilson who will struggle as usual and we are 1-9 with no hope. I think Saleh feels he has 1 more year left to turn it around or JD will have no choice but to move on. Like I said this is strange how he goes from maybe week 1 to out until week 4 or even longer. We should have grabbed Baker Mayfield and see what this team was with him. We stay too long with these QB's. They either have it or they don't. 

I'm not too sure JD is safe himself either. He's done a great job managing cap and stockpiling draft picks, but how many have we really hit on? Elijah Moore is the only guy I can say that we've 100% nailed, and he had to fall into our laps for that to happen. 

I do think it's a massive overreaction to say we need to be done (or think about being done) with Wilson. Should we start being a tad worried that in 2 seasons he's missed time both seasons? Yes. He also was injured in college as well. So his health might be a concern. But in the big scheme of things.... him missing 4 games isn't the end of the world for him and us.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I do think it's a massive overreaction to say we need to be done (or think about being done) with Wilson. Should we start being a tad worried that in 2 seasons he's missed time both seasons? Yes. He also was injured in college as well. So his health might be a concern. But in the big scheme of things.... him missing 4 games isn't the end of the world for him and us.

He’s got until the end of the season to prove he’s any good, IMO. Injuries or not

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He’s got until the end of the season to prove he’s any good, IMO. Injuries or not

I agree on this. Wilson has to put up numbers and carry this team or he is out the door. I for one want NOTHING to do with Lamar Jackson. He is not that good. No run first QB ever makes it in the league. You have to be able to throw a good ball or your out of the league. 

The Wilson takes on here are peak Jets fandom..

My only concern is with how Saleh addressed the question, sighting Zach needs to be 100% mentally ready to go. Man, I really didn't like hearing that. I really hope this isn't a situation where he's ready physically, but we're "babying" his progression - meaning either the organization is overthinking this, or Zach isn't instilling confidence right now. Either way it would be worrisome for me. Could also just be Saleh trying to say all the right things, but the timeline does seem a bit off.

Easily forgotten, all of sudden, but with the exception of a few practices Zach had a really, really strong camp. Crazy how quickly the narrative changes lol.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:45 PM, drew39k said:

This Wilson news really makes me question the Becton stuff and how well players are handling a coaching staff that is seemingly making the players look bad. Bectons stock in the eyes of the fans took a massive hit last season because the coaches gave a timeline for a healthy return and it never happened. People assumed he was the one slacking,rather than the possibility that the staff was wrong. Now Wilson is dealing with a similar issue. I'd be pissed if I was a player, getting my name smeared because the team is putting out bad info.

I won't argue the poor decisions by the staff on Becton's injury, but lets not assume Becton was completely free of fault.  He ballooned to over 400 pounds then missed voluntary OTA's at a time his credibility needed a boost.  Both share some blame in the Becton mess.