Week 1- Philadelphia Eagles @ Detroit Lions

Louis Friend

If there is potential good news, it's the Lions looking far better late in the game. We'll see if it translates, but I don't think Week 1 shows much when it comes to how good teams will be, personally. The fact that the Lions got far better as they knocked rust off might be good news. We shall see.

• Like 3

Well they didn’t get beat like a rented mule but it sure didn’t look good early.

There we’re certainly some positives but the pick six, 5 drops and Hurts running free was the difference.

Once again it was NFL officiating. Bad calls both ways.

Swift had himself a game. Kudos to the oline and St. Brown for the blocking.

30 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If there is potential good news, it's the Lions looking far better late in the game. We'll see if it translates, but I don't think Week 1 shows much when it comes to how good teams will be, personally. The fact that the Lions got far better as they knocked rust off might be good news. We shall see.

I thought the OL looked good after those back to back false starts. Gave up only one sack, created gaps for our runners, Goff had a clean pocket most of the game. 

Run game was good. Good holes, good vision. Would have liked to see Swift get the goal line carries after his big runs. But cannot complain. I like Swift/Williams/Reynolds. Would like to see us use them more in short passing game. 

Situational football (outside of the onside kick) was improved. RedZone offense and defense looked good. 2 and 4 minute football situation was good overall. 

Passing game got better as the game went on. At least 5 drops in the first three quarters. Need to set up guys early to get them into a flow. 

I thought our defensive coverage was better than last year. I liked the different defensive fronts we showed today. 

Alot to build on. I still think we win 6-8 games. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, viking said:

This off season it's time for you guys to trade some of those first round picks for an established vet.

Too good of a team to have Goff at the helm.

I don't think we're one established vet away yet, but I agree about needing to add playmakers. Especially on defense. 

I can't wait to see Jameson Williams added. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't think we're one established vet away yet, but I agree about needing to add playmakers. Especially on defense. 

I can't wait to see Jameson Williams added. 

Agreed.  I also look forward to Paschal playing and hopefully Onwuzurike soon. I think the bigger disappointment is on D where we still need something at every level.  We got pressure today but Hurts killed us with his legs.  But giving up 38 (31 on D) is the issue more than Goff when we put up 35 on a pretty solid D. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed.  I also look forward to Paschal playing and hopefully Onwuzurike soon. I think the bigger disappointment is on D where we still need something at every level.  We got pressure today but Hurts killed us with his legs.  But giving up 38 (31 on D) is the issue more than Goff when we put up 35 on a pretty solid D. 

Agreed. 

I've said it before, but we lack building blocks on every level of defense.

On Offense, we have a top 5 OL, solid RBs, damn good slot WR, Hock could be top 5 TE, if we could get Jamo, Chark, Reynolds to produce, our offense could be damn good.. 

On defense, we have rookies and cast offs. Even our best pieces ( Aidan, Rodrigo, young DBs) are unproven. I have hope for certain guys, but I don't feel comfortable at any spot on defense.

• Like 1