Rack's 2023 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition - 7 Rounds (4/26)

rackcs

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Stroud is a way different, and frankly better, prospect than Fields. This new regime clearly doesn't care about Fields and if he struggles and they pick high, I think it's likely they go for a new QB.

Gonna be honest with you dude. This sounds like complete and utter hindsight 20/20 to me. Let's also not forget to mention the supporting cast around Fields is frankly complete and utter garbage.

Fields was always a good prospect.

• Like 2

Just now, Danger said:

Gonna be honest with you dude. This sounds like complete and utter hindsight 20/20 to me. Let's also not forget to mention the supporting cast around Fields is frankly complete and utter garbage.

Fields was always a good prospect.

It's not hindsight at all, I always thought Fields was a good prospect but not a great one. Fields was a good prospect but I think his stock was mostly based on his athletic ability and upside vs Stroud where he's already got a lot of the mental tools/doesn't need as much developing as Fields did. And obviously things can change a lot with a whole season ahead for Stroud but I view him in higher regard in that I think he's top pick worthy as of right now. I never felt that Fields would've been worth the top pick.

As for the supporting cast around Fields being garbage, you're 100% correct, which was my whole point. The new Chicago regime doesn't seem to care about building around Fields or developing him. If he plays great despite the supporting cast this year, they probably stick with him longer and see how it goes. But if they bottom out and get the first pick like I predict here, it's probably at least partially because he didn't play well and I don't see them trying to stick with him beyond that.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

What about Young isn't a fit for Seattle?

Outside of Russell all the qb’s they’ve been linked to are the more traditional sized huge arm type guys (mahomes, Allen and even lock) if I had to guess they’ll really like Levis or Richardson over young

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hburn said:

Outside of Russell all the qb’s they’ve been linked to are the more traditional sized huge arm type guys (mahomes, Allen and even lock) if I had to guess they’ll really like Levis or Richardson over young

Well if either of those guys rise to be around the same draft status as Young I think it would be a part of the consideration but I think the fact that they had Wilson means that they're open to smaller QBs as long as they're talented enough. As of right now though, Young is certainly a higher level of prospect from those two.

4 hours ago, rackcs said:

I thought about WR for the Jags but they did just invest a ton of money into the position so I wasn't sure if they'd go back to that well right away. I also am not quite as high on the WRs to think they should go that high in the top 10 but time will tell on that.

Kirks contract really is a 2 year deal and then a we will see.  Zay is only on a 3 year deal.   There's definitely room for at the least a top 3 wr (unless Dougie unleashes Agnew to be a top 3 wr and makes us need a new return guy.).

I wouldn't be surprised if we went Meyer cuz dudes a legit stud TE and our free agent tes are closer to 30 then 20(28-31).  

I wouldn't be mad about breese cuz honestly he could help Make some salary moves work for us but I just think we need to give Trevor the weapons he deserves.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Well if either of those guys rise to be around the same draft status as Young I think it would be a part of the consideration but I think the fact that they had Wilson means that they're open to smaller QBs as long as they're talented enough. As of right now though, Young is certainly a higher level of prospect from those two.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Richardson go higher then young purely from the upside(great build, arm strength and athletic abilities.) Not gonna say if it's the right move or not but if I was to gamble on 1 he would be the 1 I'd take. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Kirks contract really is a 2 year deal and then a we will see.  Zay is only on a 3 year deal.   There's definitely room for at the least a top 3 wr (unless Dougie unleashes Agnew to be a top 3 wr and makes us need a new return guy.).

I wouldn't be surprised if we went Meyer cuz dudes a legit stud TE and our free agent tes are closer to 30 then 20(28-31).  

I wouldn't be mad about breese cuz honestly he could help Make some salary moves work for us but I just think we need to give Trevor the weapons he deserves.  

Fair enough, I definitely considered offensive weapons for the Jags, just went away from it for the reasons previously stated. Definitely an option I'll keep open going forward because I agree it's always smart to surround your young QB with talent.

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Richardson go higher then young purely from the upside(great build, arm strength and athletic abilities.) Not gonna say if it's the right move or not but if I was to gamble on 1 he would be the 1 I'd take. 

If Richardson had an average body of work from last season I would maybe agree but as of right now he's basically nothing but the upside just because he's barely played. It's just as likely that he looks terrible all season and isn't a prospect at all as it is he has an average season and goes high due to upside as it is he balls out and goes #1 overall. Right now there's just not much of a body of work to judge him on.

Edited by rackcs

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

If Richardson had an average body of work from last season I would maybe agree but as of right now he's basically nothing but the upside just because he's barely played. It's just as likely that he looks terrible all season and isn't a prospect at all as it is he has an average season and goes high due to upside as it is he balls out and goes #1 overall. Right now there's just not much of a body of work to judge him on

If dan mullen wasn't an idiot coach last year the Texans new starting rb pierce probably goes higher.    

Josh Allens numbers weren't very good his entire college career when he came out yet still went early. Yes there's a decent bust factor but it depends on the scheme you running. 

• Like 1

Just now, LinderFournette said:

If dan mullen wasn't an idiot coach last year the Texans new starting rb pierce probably goes higher.    

Josh Allens numbers weren't very good his entire college career when he came out yet still went early. Yes there's a decent bust factor but it depends on the scheme you running. 

It's definitely not Richardson's fault but it just is what it is. And the second part isn't really what I'm trying to say, I'm more just saying that right now we really have no clue where Richardson will end up because he's barely played. His range of outcomes for this upcoming season are all over the place where he could light it up or be a dumpster fire. So I can take into account his upside to an extent and say he could go first round because of the physical attributes but ultimately it's his play this year that will determine just how high/low he goes regardless of his perceived upside.

On 9/10/2022 at 4:05 PM, RedGold said:

Like the player for KC.  Would be a fun chess piece,   We’re pretty stocked at Safety and those slots roles though.  

Ok, Kansas City was definitely one where I wasn't sure on team needs for so went BPA essentially.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:58 PM, Daniel said:

Edge for Tennessee makes a ton of sense.

Clearly, based on who you have going for the rest of the round, you don’t have any OLs worth taking there, but they may be looking there too.

There's a couple of guys I kinda like for that range but want to see more how they do this season like Jaelyn Duncan and Broderick Jones. Heard some interesting things about Tyree and know Bud Dupree has been inconsistent for the Titans.

14 hours ago, rackcs said:

Heard some interesting things about Tyree

The fact he doesn’t turn 21 until after he is drafted and will have four years in college programs with his measurables is very intriguing. If he would have came out last year he would have been drafted as a 19 year old.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...