Rack's 2023 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition - 7 Rounds (4/26)

rackcs

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Keep in mind in my first iteration of this mock I wasn't expecting Orlando Brown Jr. to not be brought back.

I saw Cook make that play but definitely saw some mistakes out of him too. I will keep in mind about the safety room in future mocks though. Appreciate you filling me in on other possible needs to the Chiefs.

Brown made $16 MM this year and was voted to the Pro Bowl. He will likely get $19-$22 MM which the Chiefs cannot afford. One wonders how he will do without Joe Thuney at his elbow. 

Kelce is still going strong at 33 (his brother on the Eagles is 35) but Noah Gray is a long step down. If an impact TE is in reach they could pull the trigger.

Three DT contracts are expiring--Nnadi, Wharton, Saunders. At least one will not be back. Chris Jones could use a partner.

The tea leaves are unclear as to whether Clark will be back but Edge is always good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Just curious.  Will you develop draft mock after Super Bowl and another one after FA slowdown?

Probably. My goal has been one a month and so far I've held to it. My February mock will probably be the week or so after the Super Bowl. The March one may end up being a pre-FA one or possibly a post first week of FA one. Then I'll probably do one at the very beginning of April and then try to once again do a full 7 rounder right before the draft. Although I think that leaves me at a 9th edition as the final edition of my mock so maybe I'll try to sneak another one in there too to have my final one be an even 10? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

NFL Mock Draft 6.0

My goal was to do 3 rounds again this month but unfortunately things are a bit busy for me right now. That and I was like 3/4 of the way through round 2 when I realized I forgot to give New Orleans their shiny new first round pick. So I had to start back all the way from there. So only 2 rounds for this month. Things were pretty much the same for the first few picks so I purposefully made a few picks against my first idea on purpose to shake things up a little. Not my most pure predictive mock but wanted to try new things for some of these picks. I think things will shake up a little bit post-combine after testing happens and as a more informed consensus starts to form.

As always, please let me know what you think. Even if you think I'm wrong, I appreciate constructive feedback and I do (mostly) try to keep it in my mind for future mocks. I always enjoy the conversations that my mocks bring about with fans from all kinds of teams.

Round 1  
Team Pick
Chicago Bears Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama
Houston Texans Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
Arizona Cardinals Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia
Indianapolis Colts CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
Detroit Lions (from LA Rams) Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
Las Vegas Raiders Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
Atlanta Falcons Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
Carolina Panthers Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans) Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
Tennessee Titans Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
Houston Texans (from Cleveland) Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
New York Jets Brian Branch, DB, Alabama
New England Patriots Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
Green Bay Packers Jordan Addison, WR, USC
Washington Commanders Peter Skoronski, OL, Northwestern
Pittsburgh Steelers Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
Detroit Lions Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
Seattle Seahawks Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
Miami Dolphins Forfeited
Los Angeles Chargers Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
Baltimore Ravens Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
Minnesota Vikings Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
Jacksonville Jaguars Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
New York Giants Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Dallas Cowboys Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
Buffalo Bills O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
Cincinnati Bengals Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
New Orleans Saints (from San Francisco) Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
Philadelphia Eagles Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
Kansas City Chiefs Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State

Round 2  
Team Pick
Pittsburgh Steelers (from Chicago) Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
Houston Texans Keion White, DL, Georgia Tech
Arizona Cardinals Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
Indianapolis Colts Cody Mauch, OG, North Dakota State
Los Angeles Rams BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
Las Vegas Raiders Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
Carolina Panthers Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
New Orleans Saints Calijah Kancey, INT, Pittsburgh
Tennessee Titans Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
Cleveland Browns Tuli Tuipulotu, DL, USC
New York Jets Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
Atlanta Falcons Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida
Green Bay Packers Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
New England Patriots Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
Washington Commanders Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
Detroit Lions Mazi Smith, INT, Michigan
Pittsburgh Steelers Steve Avila, OG, TCU
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
Miami Dolphins Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
Seattle Seahawks Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
Chicago Bears (from Baltimore) Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
Los Angeles Chargers Siaki Ika, INT, Baylor
Detroit Lions (from Minnesota) Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
Jacksonville Jaguars Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
New York Giants Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin
Dallas Cowboys Keeanu Benton, INT, Wisconsin
Buffalo Bills JL Skinner, S, Boise State
Cincinnati Bengals Will McDonald IV, EDGE, Iowa State
Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco) Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
Philadelphia Eagles Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss
Kansas City Chiefs Andre Carter II, EDGE, Army
  • Like 1

I like it for the Falcons im a big fan of both guys we are getting and think they will help tremendously on the D-line.  Now with that said i might be the only guy who likes Murphy that much to grab him at 8 so the rest of the Falcon fans might have a different reply than me :D   But you are atleast going after the D-line and thats gonna be much appreciated.

Witherspoon at 8 would be a phenomenal get for us as well if you wanted to go Mcdonald or FAU in round 2 at Edge for us to pair with Spoon in round 1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I like it for the Falcons im a big fan of both guys we are getting and think they will help tremendously on the D-line.  Now with that said i might be the only guy who likes Murphy that much to grab him at 8 so the rest of the Falcon fans might have a different reply than me :D   But you are atleast going after the D-line and thats gonna be much appreciated.

Witherspoon at 8 would be a phenomenal get for us as well if you wanted to go Mcdonald or FAU in round 2 at Edge for us to pair with Spoon in round 1.

I like Murphy at 8. No problems from me. Also love Dexter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Scar my friend i think this is one of the rare occasions me and you are totally locked in on almost every guy in the class and how we want the Falcons to go.  We for the most part have been agreeing and identical in our replies on every mock draft and post so far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Scar my friend i think this is one of the rare occasions me and you are totally locked in on almost every guy in the class and how we want the Falcons to go.  We for the most part have been agreeing and identical in our replies on every mock draft and post so far. 

I'm not too concerned with the exact player. Just as long as it's not a QB that's not named Stroud or a RB, I'm pretty chill about it. Even with guys like Goldfish, my only criticism is that I can't see multiples at EDGE or CB with how the roster is constructed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I'm not too concerned with the exact player. Just as long as it's not a QB that's not named Stroud or a RB, I'm pretty chill about it. Even with guys like Goldfish, my only criticism is that I can't see multiples at EDGE or CB with how the roster is constructed.

I can see your reasoning on the multiple edge player but would you really be mad about it as much as we struggled there over the year.  One of them are bound to hit XD    As for QB i agree no interest there although my #1 guy i don't want would be Levis i think Ridder was a better Qb coming out than him i just don't like Levis much at all.   Levis is like Trey Lance for me i didn't like him much at all either coming out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

8 hours ago, scar988 said:

I get feedback from Falcons fans like you too from these mocks every time so the Falcons have become very easy to draft for lol just go trenches, especially on the DL. Maybe a CB depending on the board. Pretty easy.

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

That's a gross second pick for Tennessee.

Is it because of the position or the player? I was under the impression that CB was a need for them but beyond LT, I'm not as familiar with their needs.

5 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

No Van Ness? Cant picture him falling out of the 2nd round.. would be surprised if he falls out of the first

Whoops. He was someone that got shuffled around a little when I had to go back and redo the end of the first and most of the second round. Guess I forgot to shuffle him back into the mock. I had him at the end of the first to the Chiefs I think originally. I had Broncos going Dawand Jones at that pick so replacing them with the Saints pushed things around a little bit.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I would give that Commanders draft an A- 

Would you have preferred Joey Porter Jr. over Skoronski there? That was one where I was going back and forth a bit.