Rack's 2023 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition - 7 Rounds (4/26)

rackcs

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia - Just missing out on Anderson, the Steelers still leap at the chance to take Carter here. The defensive line is getting older and older and can't rely on Cam Heyward forever. Adding Carter up front would certainly help fix the run defense as well.

Unless they change the defense, Carter does not fit what they look for in a Dlineman.  Bryan Bresee fits what they look for.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, jebrick said:

Unless they change the defense, Carter does not fit what they look for in a Dlineman.  Bryan Bresee fits what they look for.

If the Steelers don't want carter the Falcons will 100000% take him then and love it.  Bresee to steelers, carter to falcons, and Skor can pretty much play for anyone he is a good o-lineman.    But our D-line needs more help than our O-line right now thats for sure and Carter to me is a better player than skor is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NFL Mock Draft 3.0 - Nov. 17

Round 1
1. Houston Texans: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
2. Las Vegas Raiders: CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
3. Carolina Panthers: Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama
4. Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans): Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State
6. Chicago Bears: Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
7. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
8. Detroit Lions (from LA Rams): Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
9. Houston Texans (from Cleveland): Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
10. Pittsburgh Steelers: Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
11. Detroit Lions: Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
12. Atlanta Falcons: Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
13. Arizona Cardinals: Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
14. Green Bay Packers: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
15. Indianapolis Colts: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
16. Washington Commanders: Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
17. Los Angeles Chargers: Jordan Addison, WR, USC
18. Cincinnati Bengals: Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
20. Denver Broncos (from San Francisco): Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
21. New England Patriots: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
22. Seattle Seahawks: Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
23. New York Jets: Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
24. Buffalo Bills: Brian Branch, S, Alabama
25. Baltimore Ravens: Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
26. Tennessee Titans: Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
27. Dallas Cowboys: Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
28. New York Giants: O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
29. Miami Dolphins: Forfeited
30. Minnesota Vikings: Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
31. Kansas City Chiefs: Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
32. Philadelphia Eagles: Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

Round 2
1. Houston Texans: Andre Carter II, EDGE, Army
2. Las Vegas Raiders: Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida
3. New Orleans Saints: Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (from Chicago): Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
6. Carolina Panthers: Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
7. Los Angeles Rams: BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
8. Cleveland Browns: Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
9. Pittsburgh Steelers: Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama
10. Detroit Lions: Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee
11. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
12. Arizona Cardinals: Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M
13. Green Bay Packers: Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
14. Atlanta Falcons: Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
15. Indianapolis Colts: Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
16. Washington Commanders: Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
17. Cincinnati Bengals: Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
18. Los Angeles Chargers: Mazi Smith, INT, Michigan
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
20. New England Patriots: Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
21. Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco): Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss
22. Seattle Seahawks: Siaki Ika, INT, Baylor
23. Buffalo Bills: Tuli Tuipulotu, INT, USC
24. New York Jets: Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
25. Tennessee Titans: Will McDonald IV, EDGE, Iowa State
26. Dallas Cowboys: Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
27. Chicago Bears (from Baltimore): Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia
28. New York Giants: Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
29. Miami Dolphins: Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
30. Detroit Lions (from Minnesota): JL Skinner, S, Boise State
31. Kansas City Chiefs: Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
32. Philadelphia Eagles: Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa

• Like 5

I’d be nitpicking to criticize that draft for Tennessee. I would really like to see them fix the OL, especially at tackle, with the early picks. But theoretically they can resolve it in free agency, and WR and Edge are big needs too.

Now for the positive: I would be absolutely thrilled to get Hyatt. Homegrown talent, big position of need, and he has speed, which our offense is desperately lacking. Hell, the only critique I have is that he can’t block, and for some deranged *** reason, that’s what the team values in WRs.

Haven’t had a chance to look at McDonald, but like I said, Edge is another big need with Landry coming off an injury and Dupree a likely cap casualty.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I’d be nitpicking to criticize that draft for Tennessee. I would really like to see them fix the OL, especially at tackle, with the early picks. But theoretically they can resolve it in free agency, and WR and Edge are big needs too.

Now for the positive: I would be absolutely thrilled to get Hyatt. Homegrown talent, big position of need, and he has speed, which our offense is desperately lacking. Hell, the only critique I have is that he can’t block, and for some deranged *** reason, that’s what the team values in WRs.

Haven’t had a chance to look at McDonald, but like I said, Edge is another big need with Landry coming off an injury and Dupree a likely cap casualty.

I wanted to give them an OT for sure, it just didn't work out for me value-wise with who was available. As for Hyatt, I was unsure about what the Titans want in a receiver but I personally feel like he would be a great fit. He can't block but his speed opens up space for the offense so he can still create a positive effect on the running game even if he isn't out there bullying guys every down.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I wanted to give them an OT for sure, it just didn't work out for me value-wise with who was available. As for Hyatt, I was unsure about what the Titans want in a receiver but I personally feel like he would be a great fit. He can't block but his speed opens up space for the offense so he can still create a positive effect on the running game even if he isn't out there bullying guys every down.

What they seem to want in receivers is for them to be slow and bad at….receiving.

It’s dumb to give teams bad picks on purpose though. Hyatt is indeed a fantastic fit for what the Titans need.

Like I said, any criticism for those picks is nitpicking. Good job for the Titans imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Can't see the Jets passing on Sewell if he's there in the second 

Sewell has been pretty bad this year so he's dropped a bit in my rankings, but noted that LB is a need for the Jets. I had heard that their linebackers were playing well this year so I wasn't sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Sewell has been pretty bad this year so he's dropped a bit in my rankings, but noted that LB is a need for the Jets. I had heard that their linebackers were playing well this year so I wasn't sure.

Alexander is on a one year deal and Mosley has a hella expensive cap number next season

• Like 1

Fits the Bengals needs well. Jones would step right in for the struggling Jonah Williams.  What happens to Jonah will be interesting on the fifth year option.

If they decide to roll with Jonah another year, I could see them going Cam Smith at CB instead.  If they traded down, I would target Washington to try to help the line while also filling the TE need. 

And the totally Mike Brown thing to do would be to ignore the needs and take Jaxon Smith Njigba as the long term slot replacement for Tyler Boyd, who they probably lose after looking to extend both Higgins and Chase long term

• Like 2

OL and EDGE for the Falcons? I'm cool with it for sure. Can never have enough talent at either spot. Skoronski probably competes at either LG or RT here. the EDGE would likely be in rotation if the Falcons bring back Carter and be behind Ebiketie, but he should see more time than Ogundeji. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Fits the Bengals needs well. Jones would step right in for the struggling Jonah Williams.  What happens to Jonah will be interesting on the fifth year option.

If they decide to roll with Jonah another year, I could see them going Cam Smith at CB instead.  If they traded down, I would target Washington to try to help the line while also filling the TE need. 

And the totally Mike Brown thing to do would be to ignore the needs and take Jaxon Smith Njigba as the long term slot replacement for Tyler Boyd, who they probably lose after looking to extend both Higgins and Chase long term

I figured Jones could potentially replace Jonah Williams or La'el Collins, I feel like he's versatile enough to play either side of the line if needed.

35 minutes ago, scar988 said:

OL and EDGE for the Falcons? I'm cool with it for sure. Can never have enough talent at either spot. Skoronski probably competes at either LG or RT here. the EDGE would likely be in rotation if the Falcons bring back Carter and be behind Ebiketie, but he should see more time than Ogundeji. 

Skoronski just feels like a nice fit for the Falcons because they have a bunch of good but not great OL pieces. So Skoronski's versatility would be perfect them in terms of being able to put him wherever they have the need or they feel that the upgrade will be the biggest.

For the 2nd round pick, I basically just went with whoever I thought was the best defensive prospect available. Feel like you could fit a new starter in at most of those positions except maybe linebacker.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, rackcs said:

Skoronski just feels like a nice fit for the Falcons because they have a bunch of good but not great OL pieces. So Skoronski's versatility would be perfect them in terms of being able to put him wherever they have the need or they feel that the upgrade will be the biggest.

For the 2nd round pick, I basically just went with whoever I thought was the best defensive prospect available. Feel like you could fit a new starter in at most of those positions except maybe linebacker.

Listen, I will never hate on the Falcons drafting an edge with how bad the pass rush is here. The more bodies the better. They have to luck out on one eventually.

• Like 1