Rack's 2023 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition - 7 Rounds (4/26)

rackcs

Thats a very solid 3 rounds for the Falcons i don't see a reason to complain about any of it.    Although im very interested in moving up in round 2 for either Nolan Smith or Kancey DT. 

If we could go get either of them for that 2nd 4th round pick we have im more than down for doing it. 

Murphy + Smith would be AWESOME if we can get Daron Payne or Hargrave in FA   

Edge - Murphy, Smith, AK47(ebeketie), Deangelo Malone  Very young but very talented edge group. If we can get Payne to then you are looking at strong D-line.
Murphy, Payne, Grady, AK47, Smith

If we could get Kancey then you got something like

Murphy, Kancey, Grady, and AK47    Also a really good young D-line and we can target Bradberry or Bates in FA over a DT then to strengthen our secondary.

• Like 1

Id probably go IDL over Washington. 

I like Washington but I just don't see ur prioritizing te2 with a 1st(assuming we retain engram who wants to be back). 

Tuli is probably my choice. Let him take Roy Robertson-harris spot and watch him feast.  Should make our pass rush better(we were good at pressures but lacking the finish). 

Round 2 is good. Could see us going edge but both are needs. 

Round 3 I'm a lil meh on. Based on who we have Hutchinson would be wr4 for us most likely(maybe wr 3 if they don't like Zay Jones).  Id look at Laporta to give us a solid TE2. 

• Like 1

Jets' 5th mock.

Skoronski in 1st: there is a concern if it is for OT because of his short arm length.  33 inch is fine but not 32.   Good pick if it is for OG.

2nd round is solid.

3rd round pick should go to C Avila as I personally don't care for Sewell despite LB room needs new talent.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 10:08 AM, THE DUKE said:

Solid Bengals picks.  I think they are going to hammer value over position in this draft.  There will certainly be a slant towards OT/CB/Edge, but I don't see them reaching with any pick for a position.

Alternative Bengals picks given the board:

1. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
2. Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
3. Jordan Battle, S, Alabama

OR......

1. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
2. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
3. Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama

OR.....

1. Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Miss St
2. Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
3. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU

After sitting through yesterday watching the defense unable to get to Mahomes, I'm thinking

1.  Calijah Kancey

2.  Felix Anudike-Uzomah

3.  CB/LB/WR

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:05 PM, m haynes said:

I wanted drop you a line.

Thank you for your effort and hard work you do with the draft.

The most value I get, are the players you mentioned, that I've never heard of. Also, it a great starting point to kick off this up coming draft. Someone has to fall on the sword. You never can please everyone, especially me 😁

I just wanted to make sure you knew that you were appreciated... great work. Thanks again.

Now I'm off to rip the Pats choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣👍

Appreciate it! Part of why I do the mocks is to familiarize myself with more players the further we move into the process. I originally was only going to do 2 rounds for this but pushed myself a bit more so I had an excuse to look into more prospects.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:38 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Love it

Don't know enough about the player, but I love the position

I like it if, and only if, we don't re-sign Juan Thornhill. Otherwise, give me BPA - preferably WR or DT.

I've learned very quickly for the Chiefs that the first two picks should probably be OT and EDGE lol I did consider WR in the 3rd but felt Battle was a BPA type pick there

On 1/27/2023 at 8:20 PM, onejayhawk said:

They just drafted a safety in the 2nd round. He played a lot. I can see taking a project on day #3 when they have 5 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds.

They are losing Pro Bowl LT Orlando Brown Jr. If they cannot sign an OT in free agency it becomes a priority. They also have DL needs in a great DE draft.

You're looking at my beginning of the season mock draft. My most recent one is near the end of page 7 where I do address OT and EDGE in the first two picks.

On 1/29/2023 at 2:40 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Thats a very solid 3 rounds for the Falcons i don't see a reason to complain about any of it.    Although im very interested in moving up in round 2 for either Nolan Smith or Kancey DT. 

If we could go get either of them for that 2nd 4th round pick we have im more than down for doing it. 

Murphy + Smith would be AWESOME if we can get Daron Payne or Hargrave in FA   

Edge - Murphy, Smith, AK47(ebeketie), Deangelo Malone  Very young but very talented edge group. If we can get Payne to then you are looking at strong D-line.
Murphy, Payne, Grady, AK47, Smith

If we could get Kancey then you got something like

Murphy, Kancey, Grady, and AK47    Also a really good young D-line and we can target Bradberry or Bates in FA over a DT then to strengthen our secondary.

The idea I've been getting about the Falcons draft as I've been getting feedback on my mocks is that it should pretty much be entirely defense, maybe OL if there's good value. So I try to just follow that model.

19 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Id probably go IDL over Washington. 

I like Washington but I just don't see ur prioritizing te2 with a 1st(assuming we retain engram who wants to be back). 

Tuli is probably my choice. Let him take Roy Robertson-harris spot and watch him feast.  Should make our pass rush better(we were good at pressures but lacking the finish). 

Round 2 is good. Could see us going edge but both are needs. 

Round 3 I'm a lil meh on. Based on who we have Hutchinson would be wr4 for us most likely(maybe wr 3 if they don't like Zay Jones).  Id look at Laporta to give us a solid TE2. 

I just think Washington has a chance to be a special type of talent and someone that you'd want to pair with your young QB as a long term weapon. I certainly understand wanting someone like Tuli there, definitely considered that.

19 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Jets' 5th mock.

Skoronski in 1st: there is a concern if it is for OT because of his short arm length.  33 inch is fine but not 32.   Good pick if it is for OG.

2nd round is solid.

3rd round pick should go to C Avila as I personally don't care for Sewell despite LB room needs new talent.

For Skoronski, I figure he's the type of guy who you can try at tackle and then move to guard if it doesn't work out. I personally think he's probably going to be best at guard in the pros but the versatility is valuable. Feel like having multiple versatile OL like he and AVT is nice.

As for Sewell, I felt like his run stopping style would make him a potential replacement for Mosley since he's a very similar run stopping focused kind of LB. I can understand if the Jets are looking for a different archetype rather than a direct replacement though.

• Like 2

First 2 rounds are so perfect for KC,    I wouldn't complain about anyone in the 3rd.

Battle is nice though,     Either way one of Thornhill/Reid is likely gone this offseason or the next.   There could be some more pressing needs, but the safety room would be top notch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

I just think Washington has a chance to be a special type of talent and someone that you'd want to pair with your young QB as a long term weapon. I certainly understand wanting someone like Tuli there, definitely considered that.

When I see him I see our former longtime TE Mercedes Lewis in due to size and blocking. Nothing wrong with him but it all really boils down to who we resign, cut ect cuz there's some people that should go. 

Most rookie tes don't produce much year 1(Pitts is an anomaly). 

On 1/27/2023 at 6:57 AM, rackcs said:

Kansas City Chiefs Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

Kansas City Chiefs -  Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State

Kansas City Chiefs Jordan Battle, S, Alabama

Much better than the first one. It's still early to pick DB. 

If you were watching the AFC Championship, their rookie S is the one who deflected the pass on the second interception. Reid is under contract for two more years IIRC. A day #3 project pick to eventually replace Thornhill is likely, so this is not too bad. I would still look DL, even DT.

Don't overlook a value pick at TE. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rackcs said:

The idea I've been getting about the Falcons draft as I've been getting feedback on my mocks is that it should pretty much be entirely defense, maybe OL if there's good value. So I try to just follow that model.

That idea would be 100% correct and sorely needed and due my friend.  If you stick with that idea you can't really go wrong it's our biggest problem on the entire team.  Our last 2 years have been  2021 - 18 sacks   2022 - 21 sacks    We were dead last by 11 sacks in 2021 next closest was 29.   Last year we were next to last with the bears 1 sack behind us at 20.      If you add both together we have a total of 39 sacks over those 2 years.   To give you an idea how bad that really is compared to everyone else over those 2 years.  In december these were the numbers with a few games left to go

Falcons 37
Raiders 60
Lions 60
Jaguars 61

We gained 2 more sacks after that and i think they gained a few more as well.   But still we are literally almost double behind the next few teams that are the worst.  We aren't just bad we are right at worst of all time bad compared to the rest of league lol.

So Falcon fans are begging for any kind of D-line help at this point and if their is big time D-line help in the 1st 2 rounds or in FA like Payne, Hargrave etc..   We are begging for them as well.  Since we have the 2nd
most cap space of any team with almost 80 to 100 mil we pray we do something with it for those guys.

OL probably isn't horrible as well or CB in the 1st round if all the good D-lineman go before 8 and we can't trade down.  Skoronski, Paris, or Jones are fair choices as backup options in that situation.  Gonzales or Porter JR maybe as well but i think we would be better off going trenches 1st. 

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Much better than the first one. It's still early to pick DB. 

If you were watching the AFC Championship, their rookie S is the one who deflected the pass on the second interception. Reid is under contract for two more years IIRC. A day #3 project pick to eventually replace Thornhill is likely, so this is not too bad. I would still look DL, even DT.

Don't overlook a value pick at TE. 

Keep in mind in my first iteration of this mock I wasn't expecting Orlando Brown Jr. to not be brought back.

I saw Cook make that play but definitely saw some mistakes out of him too. I will keep in mind about the safety room in future mocks though. Appreciate you filling me in on other possible needs to the Chiefs.

Edited by rackcs