Bills @ Rams TNF Banner Night

MDY10

7 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

In a way, I’m still not worried about this game. They’ll get back on track. But this was absolute garbage. Buffalo was the hungrier team which was expected. 

I'm not worried in the sense that this team has already won a SB and has accomplished the ultimate goal. But for this year, I think we need to start being prepared for the worst. This looks exactly like the 2019 Rams. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm not worried in the sense that this team has already won a SB and has accomplished the ultimate goal. But for this year, I think we need to start being prepared for the worst. This looks exactly like the 2019 Rams. 

I agree, but we also got blown out like 4 times last year. They’ll get on track. Not downplaying how bad they looked, but I’ll worry later in the season. 

i expect the first rounder we have next year to be gone for a lineman soon

23 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I agree, but we also got blown out like 4 times last year. They’ll get on track. Not downplaying how bad they looked, but I’ll worry later in the season. 

i expect the first rounder we have next year to be gone for a lineman soon

We only got blown out like this maybe 3 times last year. And the Titans game was more the offense ineptitude than the defense. All 3 phases absolutely sucked tonight. 

I'd hold that first rounder. I don't see this team being a legit titled contender. 

Edited by LeotheLion

4 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

No need to overreact to a bad week 1.

• Like 2

Well that was ugly. Im glad at least the Rams made it a game come halftime. They shouldve never came out of the locker room looking like that in the 2nd half.

We all know the Bills are the best team in the NFL and most people including myself have them winning the Superbowl but the Rams shouldve showed better. Maybe it was just them having the long offseason celebrating the Superbowl, getting the rings, and now banner night that had them not really focused and as prepared for this game as they shouldve. Meanwhile the Bills have been itching to get back on the field after how they lost the game to the Chiefs in the playoffs. So they had all the motivation in the world to take it out on any team they face next and that team happened to be the Rams. Either way the Rams just didnt look good from the start but especially after halftime.

The OL concerned me bc they have up too many hits and sacks. Idk why McVay even activated Akers if all he got was 3 touches? If Akers is active and can go he should be a huge part of this offense. Then where was ARob? Only once catch the entire game against a banged up and inexperienced secondary. Kupp does what Kupp does but you figured ARob would feast too. Now that might factor in to the OL not blocking well and Stafford not having the time to get ARob the ball but McVay have to scheme up some ways to get ARob the ball more.

As I mentioned in the game thread in gen, this game had that 2017 Chiefs v Pats feel bc the Chiefs beatdown the Pats. The rookie Hunt fumbles on his first carry for the Chiefs. The rookie Cook fumbles on his first carry for the Bills. The Pats started off (2-2) that season and was extremely close to starting off (2-3) bc they barely beat the Bucs. Luckily the Pats went on to still go (13-3) and make it back to the Superbowl that season and lost to the Eagles. So there is a silver lining. This bad loss should and I think will motivate the Rams moving forward. Yes they won the Superbowl but that was last season. Its a new season and what happened last season wont carry over to this season. They are great with adversity and mentally tough. We know the Rams are talented. I expect them to bounce back and still go (12-5) possibly (11-6). The main thing is the Rams need to stay relatively healthy and just get into the playoffs. But definitely didnt start off on the right foot. It was bad.

7 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

This is not going to be the 2019 Rams. Why? Bc that team had Goff and this team has Stafford. Stafford just like last season will win games for the Rams that Goff simply didnt in 2019. Two games in 2019 that stuck out was that Seattle game where Zeurlein missed the game-winning field goal. Then late in the season when the Rams lost to the Niners bc Goff threw a pick 6 I think right before the half then the defense couldnt stop Jimmy G on not one but two 3rd and 16+ and the Niners got the game-winning field at the end. Like Stafford in those games would just flat out win.

Plus I do think McVay having gone through that 2019 has the experience so he wont let his team repeat that. Last night was bad but its one night. The Bills were more motivated and they are the better team. They were the better team in 2020 when the Rams went to Buffalo got down big had to come back and shouldve won but that PI call and giving up that 3rd and long hurt. So the Bills won then. I think the Rams will learn from this and we will see them be better moving forward. Im still sticking with (12-5) at worst (11-6).

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Don't think that is overreacting. We went 9-7 in 2019. If this team is 9-7 going into week 18, I don't think that should be surprising at all. 

The Packers, who went 13-4 last year, did this in Week 1:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202109120nor.htm

And let's not forget the 12-5 Titans:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202109120oti.htm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Packers, who went 13-4 last year, did this in Week 1:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202109120nor.htm

And let's not forget the 12-5 Titans:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202109120oti.htm

Right but there's also a plenty of examples for teams that got blown out week 1 and went on to win less than 5 games. 

We'll see. The OL is what concerns me by far the most. The defense will be better and Stafford is always going to have duds. But I am not sure how this OL isn't worse than last year. And then the question just becomes how much worse is it. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Right but there's also a plenty of examples for teams that got blown out week 1 and went on to win less than 5 games. 

We'll see. The OL is what concerns me by far the most. The defense will be better and Stafford is always going to have duds. But I am not sure how this OL isn't worse than last year. And then the question just becomes how much worse is it. 

How many of those teams were Super Bowl contenders who didn't suffer a QB injury? 

O-Line looks bad. Noteboom and Shelton stood out to me as big weaknesses.

McVay had his blinders on. Didn't draw up anything for Robinson. Neglected Akers.

When plays broke down it felt like Stafford only knew where Kupp was as his safety net.

Few drop backs I was expecting Stafford to unload a bomb and instead he checked down, took off, or took the sack. Confidence in his arm? Didn't see an open guy? 

Ramsey got ABUSED and coming off what Chase did to him in the superbowl, I have some mild concerns.

The soft zone stuff is getting annoying. When they're picking you apart like that, you have to switch to man.

Great week 2 opponent for a bounceback/confidence builder.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

O-Line looks bad. Noteboom and Shelton stood out to me as big weaknesses.

McVay had his blinders on. Didn't draw up anything for Robinson. Neglected Akers.

When plays broke down it felt like Stafford only knew where Kupp was as his safety net.

Few drop backs I was expecting Stafford to unload a bomb and instead he checked down, took off, or took the sack. Confidence in his arm? Didn't see an open guy? 

Ramsey got ABUSED and coming off what Chase did to him in the superbowl, I have some mild concerns.

The soft zone stuff is getting annoying. When they're picking you apart like that, you have to switch to man.

Great week 2 opponent for a bounceback/confidence builder.

I agree with a lot of this. I do expect them to bounce back though. I won’t panic yet. As for Ramsey, I really think he’s in a funk. Coming off of surgery and practicing for maybe 2 weeks before playing a top 3-4 WR definitely won’t help either. But he didn’t look good at all. The soft zone drove me crazy. Felt like I was watching a fisher lead team again. 

• Like 1

Alright fellas I have Robinson and Stafford in fantasy. Last night was rough for me I can't imagine for you all. But question I keep seeing conflicting reports about Robinson he was never open and he was open most of the game but never looked at. Any insight on that? I feel like you all will bounce back this week probably a huge wake up call last night. Plus Buffalo is everyones Superbowl favorite so they are a very good team. 

1 hour ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Alright fellas I have Robinson and Stafford in fantasy. Last night was rough for me I can't imagine for you all. But question I keep seeing conflicting reports about Robinson he was never open and he was open most of the game but never looked at. Any insight on that? I feel like you all will bounce back this week probably a huge wake up call last night. Plus Buffalo is everyones Superbowl favorite so they are a very good team. 

I think what torpedoed Stafford was the OL just gave him no time to get to any deeper throws down field. I'm sure Robinson was open, but Stafford either didn't have time or got tunnel vision and went to Kupp. 

I'd expect both will likely get better starting next week. But when this team faces a strong DL that can replicate what Buffalo did, it may be a concern for both. Mainly thinking of the 49ers.