Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

9 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I'll never not torch Tannehill for that disgusting playoff performance. Unless he does something in the playoffs to make me forget about throwing an interception on the literal first play and the last possession of the game I was at.

I have seen Rodgers and Russ succeed when all the weight was on them, and when they didn't have all the options available to them. Especially Rodgers, and I can't stand Rodgers.

Outside of Adams, the Receivers Rodgers has had were made who they were because of Rodgers. Rodgers elevates his offensive players above their ability. Tannehill ain't never doing that.

Haven't really seen that much with Tannehill. Solid QB. But just ain't it. Are we really supposed to be sorry for Tannehill because he didn't have all the options in the world at times. 

Rodgers has pretty much always had a true #1 receiver, a competent run game and a good to very good OL. The years Russ has had the most team success were the years where he was essentially playing the role of 2019/2020 Tannehill.

I’m fine holding the playoff game against him. It was probably his worst game as a Titan in one of the biggest moments. But he’s far less replaceable than everyone wanted to pretend he was this offseason. Even HOF QBs look mediocre with constant pressure in their face and receivers that can’t win at the line.

Its why Tannehill will be back in 2023. We can’t put a young QB (be it Willis or some rookie we draft when we’re picking in the late teens or 20s) in the situation we’ve put Tannehill in. We’ll get him killed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

it’s the main reason I roll my eyes at fans clamoring for WR trades right now

The thing is, if we’re hoping to improve our offense, isn’t adding receiver talent like the only hope at this point? 

If 2/3 of the league (honestly, it’s probably higher than that), doesn’t have a settled OL, I don’t really see the path to getting ours fixed mid-season. There’s not exactly available starting OL talent floating around out there. I guess the argument is that since the ceiling is capped by poor OL play, we might as well just stand pat?

My guy! :)

Joking aside, I love what Arthur Smith is building down there. I think this offseason we see them take a big step when they get some money to spend in FA.  
Marcus is a good placeholder and can have a minor Tanny like impact to where he gets them to stable place so they can compete week in and week out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

A close friend of the WR who happened to make his way off this team, who isn’t happy with his role on a run first team coming here. I’m sure that would work out swimmingly for us.

yeah, it's not happening and almost certainly not worth it anyway, but it is pretty bleak that we're basically known (correctly) as a wasteland for receivers who actually want the ball

Edited by -Hope-

Elijah Moore would be a huge upgrade here and he doesnt control where he goes. But honestly I bet philly goes and snags him. Probs been the plan all along between him and AJ. I was hoping AJ would bring him here lowkey lol

But yeee we aren't trading for anyone lol