Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I would love to trade a real pick for a real LT and then look into what we could get for a low round pick at WR.

WR won't matter until we find someone that can block for longer than .5 seconds.

WR also won't matter until we actually start throwing to them.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I would love to trade a real pick for a real LT and then look into what we could get for a low round pick at WR.

WR won't matter until we find someone that can block for longer than .5 seconds.

I think La'Raven Clark is gonna get a look at LT

• Like 1

Good for SF making a move to make a SB push. Risky move. But I like it.

Ive gave up on the idea of trading for a WR cause I think there are guys to be had if we wanted them and clearly we don't. If this was in TC I think we might but midseason doesn't sound like us. And honestly? We can win the south with what we have lmao. Hoping by then Burks comes back and lights it up haha

But like KT said if we don't fix the Oline we could have Moss and Rice out there and it wouldn't matter gotta figure the Oline out by trade or something but it got exposed by WSH. And I'm shocked Ryan made it out of that game with no injury.

This idea that a talented WR won't produce here just because we run the ball is kinda silly.

AJ Brown had a huge week 1, but in the 5 weeks since he's averaged 69.6 yards per game and 0.4 TDs per game. You know how that'd compare among his seasons here?

Rookie year - 65.6 ypg, .5 TDs per game.

2nd season - 76.7 ypg, .78 TDs per game

3rd season - 66.8 ypg, 0.38 tds per game

This idea that just because we don't throw 200 targets at a top receiver means they don't produce is unfounded. Brown produced at practically the exact same level here as he does in Philly. And that's not even going through and say only counting a half game or a quarter of a game for the games where he got hurt and missed the rest of it(or portions of it), which we know happened often.

Got some kind of ridiculous battered Titans fan syndrome going on in here when it comes to a WR being able to produce here.

Also as if we didn't get Corey Davis a huge payday with throwing him the ball in 2020.

We are simply in purgatory...too good to get a high pick(assuming we don't blow the pick anyway), and too bad to be "a player away" from being a true AFC contender. I know we were the 1 seed last year but never really a threat to win the SB or AFC for that matter, and this year we are even farther away. 

Our Defense if fully healthy is a legit unit that could take up to the top, but it isn't realistic to hold the elite offenses in the league to 17-20 points, and clearly we are never going to be fully healthy...couldn't even get to week 1 sitting everybody in the preseason. The offense is just not to the level required, even if we were 100% healthy. 

Watching us, GB, and ATL, three of the true power run...with the HB teams...it is obvious that all the other team has to do is sellout on 1st down and we get off schedule. Even if we pass on 1st down we typically get 10-15 yards so it is 1st down again and then we run...then it's 2nd and 9...then our bad pass blocking and poorly developed pass schemes get us in trouble...same as GB and ATL. When we run well despite the sell out by opposing defenses, that is when we can really put up points and control the game. Just frustrating to be caught in this cycle of slightly better than mediocre.