Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

Calling it now. If Tannehill plays, we will beat the Chiefs next week. 

No, I'm not drunk. Not yet at least. 

They’re certainly not unbeatable. I mean the Colts beat them. We shouldn’t be scared of their receivers. Mahomes is obviously great. Kelce is great. Anything else on that offense scaring anyone? They’re going to score for sure. I just worry about our offense putting up points right now against really anyone. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Derrick Henry has more rushing yards than the Chiefs, Dolphins, Colts, Texans, Chargers, Bengals, Bucs, and or Rams do as teams.

Stats are fun, am I right?

and every single one of those teams except the colts and texans is ranked ahead of us in offensive EPA, because passing is a better way to score than running, a fact obvious to everyone on earth except for the members of the front office of the tennessee titans

Just now, -Hope- said:

and every single one of those teams except the colts and texans is ranked ahead of us in offensive EPA, because passing is a better way to score than running, a fact obvious to everyone on earth except for the members of the front office of the tennessee titans

I'm not saying anything other than what I posted. Lol. 
not talking about record, offensive scoring or anything like that.  :)

Just posting a stat like that Twitter dude did. lol

Obviously when the story of the season is written and the season is over, There will be a big chapter that said, we could have had a much better offense with Arthur on it. 

There are two camps, the ones that wanted to kep him and will mention every catch he gets and the ones that forget he ever existed cause he is gone.  Maybe more camps, but those are two main ones lol

I'm in the latter. 
Great when he was here. But every time he makes a play, I'm not gonna go "Ohhhhhh what could have been."

I'm always gonna be it's sweeter to win with the guys that want to be here and are all in. Opposed to someone being a hired gun or someone that don't want to be here. 

Team over individuals always my thing. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Obviously when the story of the season is written and the season is over, There will be a big chapter that said, we could have had a much better offense with Arthur on it. 

There are two camps, the ones that wanted to kep him and will mention every catch he gets and the ones that forget he ever existed cause he is gone.  Maybe more camps, but those are two main ones lol

I'm in the latter. 
Great when he was here. But every time he makes a play, I'm not gonna go "Ohhhhhh what could have been."

I'm always gonna be it's sweeter to win with the guys that want to be here and are all in. Opposed to someone being a hired gun or someone that don't want to be here. 

Team over individuals always my thing. 

I think I'm in between.  I wanted to keep him, but you're kidding yourself if you think he would have anywhere near this level of production on our offense.  It's another reason I don't blame JRob that much for the trade, because honestly, I'm a just as angry at a coaching staff that refused to utilize such a good player.  And they're kind of equally at fault in my mind for him not being here.

But I also get it.  We're a run first team, and with salary cap being a thing, if you're going to invest in a running back as the feature of your offense, it's hard to justify also spending big at WR for a guy who will only get like 1000 yards a season.  Because then you can't spend that money on defense, and that's what is winning us games right now.

It's not where I would prefer us to be, but we're still playoff bound.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think I'm in between.  I wanted to keep him, but you're kidding yourself if you think he would have anywhere near this level of production on our offense.  It's another reason I don't blame JRob that much for the trade, because honestly, I'm a just as angry at a coaching staff that refused to utilize such a good player.  And they're kind of equally at fault in my mind for him not being here.

But I also get it.  We're a run first team, and with salary cap being a thing, if you're going to invest in a running back as the feature of your offense, it's hard to justify also spending big at WR for a guy who will only get like 1000 yards a season.  Because then you can't spend that money on defense, and that's what is winning us games right now.

It's not where I would prefer us to be, but we're still playoff bound.

Yeah. It's what we are vs, what we wish we were.
I think all of us wish we could ya know become a team of this decade and pass the ball. But we also can't ignore we have a future hall of fame RB that can carry a team. 

It's where we are and what we are built to do. Not throw to a guy 13 times a game and why pay a gillion dollars for that? 
Much better with him than without him, but we aren't dead without him. 

While here, he couldn't stay on the field consistently.  Maybe our team is cursed. Maybe he found magic there.
Whatever it is....he is gone and not here. So I don't care, is my view. 

Robinson has been quoted as a guy that loves to zig when the league is zagging. 
It's not how I'd do it, but it's gotten him a winning season every year he's been here and currently in control of our division. 

I can understand both sides.

You have to also look at the abundance of talent at the position that is coming in from the drafts these past 3 years.

In especially what will be a couple of probably transition years for us they would rather bet on the draft and a cheaper price than pay a dude who realistically didn't want to be here. From what it sounds like he just wanted out and to play with his best friends, he didn't even want to play the negotiation game it seems.

I also still want to see AJ playout the rest of the year and beyond to really judge things. He had injuries and judging this after 7 games is what it is. I wanna see that team and him go through some adversity, cause it will happen.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Derrick Henry has more rushing yards than the Chiefs, Dolphins, Colts, Texans, Chargers, Bengals, Bucs, and or Rams do as teams.

Stats are fun, am I right?

Which one of those teams had a chance to have Henry on their roster and chose to trade him? 

You're dodging the point either way. 

Edited by TitanSS

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Which one of those teams had a chance to have Henry on their roster and chose to trade him? 

You're dodging the point either way. 

I later addressed your point. 

Maybe you are dodging my point? lol 

They have a player with more yards than our team, we have a player that has more yards than other teams. 
Yeaaaaah.
Celebrate. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I later addressed your point. 

Maybe you are dodging my point? lol 

They have a player with more yards than our team, we have a player that has more yards than other teams. 
Yeaaaaah.
Celebrate. 

Good for us, but I'd rather have both players lol

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Hunt makes no sense lol

I would love to see Brandon Cooks in Tennessee. I’m a bigger Oregon State fan than I am a Titans fan so I’ve been watching him closely since 2011. Just a gamer. Maybe the best career with zero pro bowls as a receiver.