Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I've come to the conclusion that the Titans will never play offense I dream of playing. 

Honestly, I do enjoy the beat em up style of offense. Opposed to the soft passing around.  But there is a way to mix it better and be smarter. 

Looking at the Chargers, Herbert uses play action a whole lot!  And they give Mike Williams the ball. What is so hard about doing that?

why would you give one of your best receivers the ball when you can get the ball to your third most talented TE?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I see the media is calling Herbert "their prince." 
He is good. Really good.

I just hate how they crown QBs very early. They did it with Wentz and Lawrence. Wentz is not great. Lawrence is being out played by Mills. 

Give it room to breathe before you start claiming someone to be an elite QB. 

I hear you and I thought the praise was overboard this offseason but….

54 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I see the media is calling Herbert "their prince." 
He is good. Really good.

I just hate how they crown QBs very early. They did it with Wentz and Lawrence. Wentz is not great. Lawrence is being out played by Mills. 

Give it room to breathe before you start claiming someone to be an elite QB. 

herbert had one of the best rookie QB seasons in the history of football and then followed it up with an even better season, i don't see how calling him a top-tier QB is at all premature

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

herbert had one of the best rookie QB seasons in the history of football and then followed it up with an even better season, i don't see how calling him a top-tier QB is at all premature

Oh....it's not against calling him a top tier.  
But it's a call to not put him in the HOF already. 
Make the playoffs first buddy. 

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I hear you and I thought the praise was overboard this offseason but….

Oh dude can spin it. Dude is a legit NFL Starting/Franchise caliber QB. 
Just the "prince of NFL" and other talk that makes him seem like a HOF QB is a pet peeve. 
I'd trade half the team to get him now with that said..lol  But it's not a lock that he will rise to anything more than he is now. ( which is still good).

Me personally, i need to see at least 3 good seasons and a legit playoff run before I'm ready to say, YEP, this is it. 

Wentz, Baker, Goff, media people calling them franchise guys only for them to fall in to the Tannehill (or lower) tier of QB. 

Mac Jones last year was getting a lot of hype too. 
Kyler now....

I just want media to ease up...lol

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Oh dude can spin it. Dude is a legit NFL Starting/Franchise caliber QB. 
Just the "prince of NFL" and other talk that makes him seem like a HOF QB is a pet peeve. 
I'd trade half the team to get him now with that said..lol  But it's not a lock that he will rise to anything more than he is now. ( which is still good).

Me personally, i need to see at least 3 good seasons and a legit playoff run before I'm ready to say, YEP, this is it. 

Wentz, Baker, Goff, media people calling them franchise guys only for them to fall in to the Tannehill (or lower) tier of QB. 

Mac Jones last year was getting a lot of hype too. 
Kyler now....

I just want media to ease up...lol

We call this phase of life "I'm in my late thirties or forties and I hate the new kids" phase. Hip replacements and discounts at Hardees where you meet your friends at 5:30am are in your near future. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 6:02 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

We call this phase of life "I'm in my late thirties or forties and I hate the new kids" phase. Hip replacements and discounts at Hardees where you meet your friends at 5:30am are in your near future. 

Maybe I will join those guys in the back booth. 

It is time. 🤣