Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Looking at the old thread @titans0021 I said I was not surprised by the Adoree cut...wasn't in agreement, but not surprised

I thiiiiink he didn't attack his knee rehab as hard as the team would've liked? Who knows

He was a very good corner here. Way more good games than bad.

To the Julio point...yea I loved the move and it didn't pan out. Net net, though, Robinson has made more "bad" moves than good moves during the past 3 offseasons and it's seemingly coming to bite us in the butt.

One thing I can say bout you is you always keep it a buck & don’t flip flop 💪🏽 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Looking at the old thread @titans0021 sent, I said I was not surprised by the Adoree cut...wasn't in agreement, but not surprised

I thiiiiink he didn't attack his knee rehab as hard as the team would've liked? Who knows

He was a very good corner here. Way more good games than bad.

To the Julio point...yea I loved the move and it didn't pan out. Net net, though, Robinson has made more "bad" moves than good moves during the past 3 offseasons and it's seemingly coming to bite us in the butt.

The Wilson drafts and Farley drafts are definitely hurting because of the missed O-Line picks.  Off-seasons have been subpar as far as results. I do applauded the moves. 
Trying to get a quality WR. Trying to sign a quality pass rusher. Getting Autry. Resigning Landry and Hooker. This last draft looks good so far. 
I know it's not excuse for most, but I think the pandemic scouting really hurt them. They weren't able to really talk to them like they normally do. 

I think Robinson has done way more good than bad, especially compared to other GMs.
2020 was terrible.
2021 still has an incomplete to me:  Weaver is looking good. Molden looked like a contributing player. Rice looked decent before injury. McMath showed growth. Farely incomplete trending down and Radunz looks like an over drafted player that can barely be a back up. If you can get at least 3 contributing/solid players from a draft I think that's a success. 

It can get a lot worst than Robinson.

• Like 1

Lastly, I'll add that Adoree is a good corner. He had a good run. I just always have a problem with revisionist history. Even if the salary was low, A lot of people felt it was too much to pay him at the time and we were very cash strapped given the cap, Covid, etc. 

Teams move on from players and I think it's possible for both sides to be right about the move.

We need LB depth, but nobody is screaming "WHY didn't we keep Jayon?!" Is it because he wasn't on national tv making a some plays?

Or 
Because PFF isn't grading him highly?

But it's all good. I think it was an understandable move.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lastly, I'll add that Adoree is a good corner. He had a good run. I just always have a problem with revisionist history. Even if the salary was low, A lot of people felt it was too much to pay him at the time and we were very cash strapped given the cap, Covid, etc. 

Teams move on from players and I think it's possible for both sides to be right about the move.

We need LB depth, but nobody is screaming "WHY didn't we keep Jayon?!" Is it because he wasn't on national tv making a some plays?

Or 
Because PFF isn't grading him highly?

But it's all good. I think it was an understandable move.

Honestly nobody didn’t say scream why didn’t we keep jayon because he’s always hurt 😆 just like nobody won’t be screaming to resign Lewan. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Wellllllll. :)

Adoree hasn't played a full season since 2018. 

Okay here’s the difference once again adoree became a FA because we declined his option & could’ve been brought back for 1 moe yr jayon played his contract after we gave him a 1yr 9 mill deal. 

5 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Okay here’s the difference once again adoree became a FA because we declined his option & could’ve been brought back for 1 moe yr jayon played his contract after we gave him a 1yr 9 mill deal. 

Not being a jerk, but can you explain what that has to do with him not playing a full season sine 2018?

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not being a jerk, but can you explain what that has to do with him not playing a full season sine 2018?

You said nobody was screaming why we didn’t keep jayon because he was a FA & hardly played his last season here. Adoree missed a full season with a knee injury & could’ve been brought back had the titans picked up his option with a small cap hit. So without being a jerk there you have it. One we felt we could easily replace & felt confident in  replacing. 

12 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You said nobody was screaming why we didn’t keep jayon because he was a FA & hardly played his last season here. Adoree missed a full season with a knee injury & could’ve been brought back had the titans picked up his option with a small cap hit. So without being a jerk there you have it. One we felt we could easily replace & felt confident in  replacing. 

Hmmm but that's not really what I'm saying. 

The option had nothing to do with 2019, when he only played 11 games. 
Then 2020 he missed pretty much the whole season.
Then last year with the Giants he only played 13 games.

You said Lewan and Brown were always injured so nobody would be screaming for them. I'm saying Adoree isn't an Ironman himself. Yet people are now wishing we didn't let him go? 
Has nothing to do with his option. I'm just saying he has only played a full season  of games once in his career so far. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Hmmm but that's not really what I'm saying. 

The option had nothing to do with 2019, when he only played 11 games. 
Then 2020 he missed pretty much the whole season.
Then last year with the Giants he only played 13 games.

You said Lewan and Brown were always injured so nobody would be screaming for them. I'm saying Adoree isn't an Ironman himself. Yet people are now wishing we didn't let him go? 
Has nothing to do with his option. I'm just saying he has only played a full season  of games once in his career so far. 

People are wishing we didn’t let him go because he had a small cap hip & was good when healthy plus we still had him under contract possibly I get why he was cut vrabel wanted out with him, nobody wants lewan because he’s been on the decline since he cheated his way to the top, & he has no option left on his deal for another 1yr rental. 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

i hate it here bruh....literally went from one of the best OCs in the game to one of the worst

Vrabel kinda hit back to back homers with his first two OC choices, albeit LaFleur only stuck around a year.

He's hoping Downing is his one strike out and maybe Tim Kelly(who I've read speculation is becoming more heavily involved with play calling after the disastrous first two weeks, but I guess we'll see?) is a bounce back.

• Like 1