7. cole anthony 
8. mo bamba

giving up:
rj hampton - club option
devin cannady - club option
gary harris - 1 yr - 13m
markelle fultz - 1 yr - 17m
jonathan isaac 2 yr - 34.8m

if fultz/isaac make it through a season without getting hurt, things get interesting. orlando actually would have some interesting options for the teams. although they're prolly gonna do some trading so they're not hit i'd assume 

On 10/1/2022 at 8:21 PM, Deadpulse said:

The 2024-2025 season makes sense because it's when the league is set to renew the CBA and their TV deals. The Seattle team already has a permanent home ready for them and the Vegas team could play in the T-Mobile Arena until the new $3B arena is finished in 2025 or 2026. 

• 3 weeks later...

Warriors :

Curry

Thompson

Green

Wiggins

Paul

Kuminga

Moody

Looney

This list could change quite a bit in 2 years but the Warriors have to keep their youth as much as possible.

Scratch Poole and Wiseman and insert Green and Paul.

Edited by billking

Ingram

Zion

CJ

Herb

Trey Murphy

Jonas

Alvarado

Daniels

Last one is where it gets tricky for the Pels with Naji Marshall and Larry Nance Jr also being an option. I think they'd protect Daniels in the end as his potential is much higher but Naji and Nance are more important to us now so it would at least be a discussion. 

On 9/12/2022 at 2:03 PM, FGK said:

Cavs - Darius Garland, Donovan Mitchell, Evan Mobley, Jarrett Allen, Isaac Okoro for sure. After that it's a toss up for the long term, but if the draft was TODAY? Kevin Love, Caris Levert, and... Dean Wade. If I thought an expansion team would steal him, I'd protect Rubio over Wade for sure. But we're moving into the period of the team's life where we will need young, quality backups on cheap contracts like Wade. I think an expansion team would love to grab him for the bottom of their roster. Whereas I think with Rubio's age and health he would go untouched.

I think Wade has more than proved the legitimacy of this take through the first 10% of the season. I'd still keep Okoro, dude is like 21, I'm being patient for another year or two. I can get a Rubio in FA during the offseason. I don't think I can get Okoro's upside (not for as cheap as his current contract is at least). Though I certainly see why folks might have jumped ship on him at this point.

• 6 months later...

Time to weigh in my thoughts on this.

With two new Pacific Time Zone teams, the NBA should take this opportunity to move Minnesota to the Central Division and Oklahoma City to the Southwest Division, while replacing Phoenix in the Pacific Division with Las Vegas, and putting the remaining MT/PT teams (which would comprise those in the Pacific Northwest and in the Four Corners States) in the new Mountain Division.

The NBA then can adopt a new regular season schedule format that emphasizes division rivalries. Teams in the 5-team divisions would play their division rivals 7 teams each for 28 games, and those in the 6-team divisions would play their rivals 6 times each for 30 games. All other match-ups would be played just twice each.

Decades later, the NBA can expand to 36 teams by placing Birmingham and Louisville (the latter already a college basketball hotbed) in the Southeast Division and move Washington back to the Atlantic Division, while Phoenix moves back to the Pacific Division as the remaining Mountain Division teams combine with new teams in Vancouver and Calgary (branded Alberta to appeal to fans in Edmonton as well, and for that matter the entire province) to reform the Northwest Division.

At that point, the schedule format would thus consist of 8 games against each division rival for 40 games, 2 games against everyone else in the conference for 24 games, and 1 game against everyone in the other conference (alternating home court every year) for 18 games.

The Louisville team can name itself the Kentucky Colonels after the old ABA team and claim its history as its own (although that would be on an unofficial basis as the NBA probably won't recognize that). Birmingham can import the Squadron nickname from the G League team.

Edited by pf9

• 1 month later...