GDT 9/11/22 - Baltimore Ravens @ New York Jets 1pm EST

drd23

Linderbaum got demolished a couple times by Quinnen Williams last Sunday, and I'm not lower on him because of it. Anchoring against DIs like Q was always going to be his biggest weakness and anyone who expected him to win all of his 1v1 reps vs an All-Pro caliber interior player his first game out is insane. The Ravens knew when they drafted him that they weren't getting the Day 1 anchor of guys like Ragnow or Jensen. They want all of the other elite tools he brings and feel can work towards that stronger anchor over time. Which I can accept, despite not being a fan of the pick.

In the end he performed as expected. Inconsistent in pass pro with some really ugly reps against a superstar, but flashed the other tools we drafted him for and a willingness to improve/battle over the course of the game. A performance very much in line with what we expected. 

Now we see how he hopefully improves week to week. Some tough guys upcoming for him like Sieler, Wilkins, Barmore, Oliver, Reader, etc- but he won't see another truly elite(imo) DI until we play Vea and TB week 8. Will be fun to see him really tested again 7 weeks later. Lining up against our own monster DIs in practice should help him progress at an accelerated rate too. Unfortunately he was injured for a lot of TC and the 1s barely got any work in anyway, but going forward he will get a steady dose of hell served to him from Campbell, Buike, Jones, Pierce, etc.

(Shout out to Ben Powers for still being an awful player, way to stay consistent big fella. Joe D too, the league's top OL guru.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Linderbaum got demolished a couple times by Quinnen Williams last Sunday, and I'm not lower on him because of it. Anchoring against DIs like Q was always going to be his biggest weakness and anyone who expected him to win all of his 1v1 reps vs an All-Pro caliber interior player his first game out is insane. The Ravens knew when they drafted him that they weren't getting the Day 1 anchor of guys like Ragnow or Jensen. They want all of the other elite tools he brings and feel can work towards that stronger anchor over time. Which I can accept, despite not being a fan of the pick.

In the end he performed as expected. Inconsistent in pass pro with some really ugly reps against a superstar, but flashed the other tools we drafted him for and a willingness to improve/battle over the course of the game. A performance very much in line with what we expected. 

Now we see how he hopefully improves week to week. Some tough guys upcoming for him like Sieler, Wilkins, Barmore, Oliver, Reader, etc- but he won't see another truly elite(imo) DI until we play Vea and TB week 8. Will be fun to see him really tested again 7 weeks later. Lining up against our own monster DIs in practice should help him progress at an accelerated rate too. Unfortunately he was injured for a lot of TC and the 1s barely got any work in anyway, but going forward he will get a steady dose of hell served to him from Campbell, Buike, Jones, Pierce, etc.

(Shout out to Ben Powers for still being an awful player, way to stay consistent big fella. Joe D too, the league's top OL guru.)

He's gonna be a good one. Too smart, tough, and technically sound not to be. A 10 year fixture in the middle type of guy.

On 9/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's gotta say something about Ben Cleveland that he can't get into the starting lineup over Ben Powers.

I'm shocked by this. His college film looked like he had that dawg in 'em. But I'm not ready to give up on Cleveland just yet, but its not lookin' good.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 10:34 PM, DreamKid said:

Tbqh I think Lindy is still playing slightly hurt. I saw a slight hitch in his gait a couple times during the game. Not something I’m sure he’d admit to until 15-20 years later and he’s speaking on a 30 for 30 about the 2022-2023 Super Bowl winning squad and giving us the deats. But he certainly held up outside of a few reps where he was completely outmanned. Most important thing was the consistency of his snaps though.