The AFC South is an interesting division - NOT a yawner

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

If Jacksonville had just played smart football & their coaches not used that stupid analytical data when scoring?

They possibly beat Washington.

These are the points, Jacksonville left on the field.

Jacksonville scored on opening possession...3-0

Washington then scored on their 1st possession. 7-3 wsh

Washington scored on 2nd possession. 14-3 wsh

Jacksonville gets in RedZone & on 4th & short? Elects to go for it, rather than kicking FG. (That's 3pts) Could have made it 14-6 (a 1 score game & still 1st half mind you)

They then miss FG later....(hits bar) That's 3 more points....(1st half as well)

They score TD in 3rd QTR...decide to go for 2 & fail, making it 14-12 wsh (That's 2 more pts)

Jacksonville would go on & score 10 more points & Washington would score 14 more pts.

Wsh 28-jacksonville 22 final

Not counting the missed FG that hit the upright??

They left 4 points on the field. (A guaranteed FG attempt & an extra point, rather than 2-pt conversion)

Meaning a FG attempt on their final possession would have won it 29-28.

Coaching in this league is horrendous....

But I'm very thankful as a Washington Commanders fan.

The Jags left a lot more points on the field than that. That game shouldn’t have been close. Jags pissed on themselves.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:05 PM, SotanKing said:

Most boring division tbh. Atleast I used to find Titans interesting but with no AJ now, they also just look like a boring team atleast on paper

Due to our play calling, you'd be correct. Sitting at home, and watching the same punt compilation video on YouTube over and over again, would be significantly more fun than watching the Titans on offense at the moment. 

I could actually see it being semi fun for fans of other teams to laugh at sometimes. When we call a 3rd and 1 jet sweep to our 3rd string TE for example, which obviously loses 3-4 yards. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

Due to our play calling, you'd be correct. Sitting at home, and watching the same punt compilation video on YouTube over and over again, would be significantly more fun than watching the Titans on offense at the moment. 

I could actually see it being semi fun for fans of other teams to laugh at sometimes. When we call a 3rd and 1 jet sweep to our 3rd string TE for example, which obviously loses 3-4 yards. 

How about the Colts running wildcat on 4th and 2 at the goal line instead of handing it to Taylor.

38 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

14 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

How about the Colts running wildcat on 4th and 2 at the goal line instead of handing it to Taylor.

AFC South fans rejoicing in incompetence.

Things you love to see.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

How about the Texans going to Rex Burkhead on 3rd and 1 in OT, losing two yards, then punting on 4th down with less than a minute left in OT?

15 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Titans couldn’t even beat the Giants and they travel to Buffalo next. That’s 0-2. Meanwhile the Texans go to Denver. Colts have a chance to start building a lead in the division if they can go to Jacksonville and win… not that that’s guaranteed by any stretch.

Okay, maybe going to Denver isn’t as tough as I thought for the Texans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Week 1/Russ’s nerves make me think that could’ve just been one of those rare week 1 blunders, but Hackett/that defense also looked pretty poor…

55 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Week 1/Russ’s nerves make me think that could’ve just been one of those rare week 1 blunders, but Hackett/that defense also looked pretty poor…

Poor is generous to how Hackett looked.  From team preparedness to gameplan to game management...literally all garbage tier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Could this be consecutive ties for the Texans? Colts tried to give ‘em the game and Lovie committed to not winning or losing.

A two-game tie streak would officially be the greatest feat I’ve ever witnessed in any human endeavor, ever. Greater than putting a person on the moon, greater than mapping the human genome, greater than that time I got double prizes in my Lucky Charms.

It would effectively render any accomplishments - past or future - pointless.

I now need this.