2023 NFL draft thread

Forge

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jones has a 90 inch wingspan lol

He had some really fun tape in run blocking and was a fine pass protector for two years. I was eyeing him for the RT spot if he didn't run abominably slowly. Feels like he'll solidify as at least a second round guy now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Steph Sanchez (Niner's nation) was at the senior bowl and she said that the 49ers brass was paying a lot of attention to secondary players there. Not breaking news, obviously. Could use a safety, corner, etc. 

I really want them to draft a rangy safety with ball skills. Like someone who can do the deep drops into zone so Huf can play closer to the LoS.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Forge said:

I really want them to sign Jessie Bates lol

If we are going to spend big money, I'd rather it be on the DL, in particular an interior rusher. I don't know if the Eagles will re-sign Hargraves but that should be the #1 target...if possible. But with our cap situation going forward? Seems unlikely. We missed Jones/Key late in the season as they were beasts in last year's postseason run with their interior pressure. 

We can probably just re-sign Ward for cheaper and we would get top level production from the safety position, but.................

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we are going to spend big money, I'd rather it be on the DL, in particular an interior rusher. I don't know if the Eagles will re-sign Hargraves but that should be the #1 target...if possible. But with our cap situation going forward? Seems unlikely. We missed Jones/Key late in the season as they were beasts in last year's postseason run with their interior pressure. 

We can probably just re-sign Ward for cheaper and we would get top level production from the safety position, but.................

I just assume that they are going to cobble together the defensive front with several relatively low cost cast offs and reclamations given the success they have had. I'd love to see them add a true pass rusher from the interior, but I'm assuming that they still have some weird belief in Kinlaw to be that guy, so if we add that, I suspect it will be during the draft. 

The one "name" that I would monitor that could be added is maybe Matt Ionnaidis, and I would be a big supporter of that. I definitely think that this team should be in the Clelin Ferrell market. I'm a big Dawuane Smoot fan, but he's recovering from an Achilles, so even if he's healthy and can start the season, I think he may not be "back back" until 2024. Taven Bryan is another guy I would look to sign and then take a flyer on Robert Quinn. .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just assume that they are going to cobble together the defensive front with several relatively low cost cast offs and reclamations given the success they have had. I'd love to see them add a true pass rusher from the interior, but I'm assuming that they still have some weird belief in Kinlaw to be that guy, so if we add that, I suspect it will be during the draft. 

The one "name" that I would monitor that could be added is maybe Matt Ionnaidis, and I would be a big supporter of that. I definitely think that this team should be in the Clelin Ferrell market. I'm a big Dawuane Smoot fan, but he's recovering from an Achilles, so even if he's healthy and can start the season, I think he may not be "back back" until 2024. Taven Bryan is another guy I would look to sign and then take a flyer on Robert Quinn. .

If we are going to sign an edge rusher, a veteran one at that....then give me Justin Houston. 

I can get behind signing Ionnaidis and it makes sense with the Wilks connection. 

I probably prefer Tomlinson over him but that may not be possible....I think Onyemata is also a FA and that would be a solid singing. 

What is Payne's value? 

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd love to have Bates on the backend, but this year's safety market is actually flush with talent. I'm not sure how many of these guys will hit the open market, but I'd be interested in these guys:

• M.J. Stewart
  • Rodney McLeod
  • Juan Thornhill
  • Duron Harmon
  • Nasir Adderley

I don't think Ward wants to be back, but maybe if we guarantee the FS job he might?

As far the DL goes, if we go with a cheaper option at FS, then yeah I'm all for loading up on the DL. 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ferrell is a guy that could fit in.  I wonder what Akeem Hicks is up to, and what his contract would be like.