Nebraska fires HC Scott Frost

beekay414

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

So who are their best realistic options? If he was up for it, I honestly think BOB would be great. Or the Wisconsin DC though he'd be a hire that might leave when the Wisconsin job opened up.

Bret Bielema
Craig Bohl
Jeff Brohm
Shawn Clark
Dave Doeren
PJ Fleck
Jim Knowles
Lance Leipold
Jim Leonhard
Pat Narduzzi
Jeff Traylor
Kevin Wilson

Doubt they'd settle for Sean Lewis or Jason Candle

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think they pull 33% of that list at most.

I don't disagree. I had Aranda and Campbell on the list and removed them after thinking about it more. Fleck might be too damn much for them and he's got it made at Minnesota. Wilson and Knowles are better off as tOSU assistants. Leonhard's too damn loyal to UW. Brohm is going to take over Louisville when Satterfield gets **** canned. Leipold is going to rebuild KU to a respectable program before he jets. Clark and Traylor don't have a long enough track record so Alberts would stick his nose up at those two despite them being legit coaches. Narduzzi is in a better situation at Pitt with how piss poor the ACC is right now. Same likely goes with Doeren.

Hell, that's less than 33% lol. It's basically Bohl (Nebraska alum) and Bielema (hired at UW by Nebraska alum and from the MW).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hell, that's less than 33% lol. It's basically Bohl (Nebraska alum) and Bielema (hired at UW by Nebraska alum and from the MW).

Yep. And it's not like you shot high or anything, those are exactly the guys they should be going after.

I'm predicting a 2017 Tennessee Greg Schiano level of coaching search embarrassment by the time this is over. They're screwed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. And it's not like you shot high or anything, those are exactly the guys they should be going after.

I'm predicting a 2017 Tennessee Greg Schiano level of coaching search embarrassment by the time this is over. They're screwed.

BoB might actually be the best they can hope for and that's...well...glorious.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

P.J. Fleck seems just narcissistic enough to make the extremely lateral move to Nebraska

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

P.J. Fleck seems just narcissistic enough to make the extremely lateral move to Nebraska

I doubt Trev Alberts is going to give him complete control of everything like Minnesota did. You think we're gonna see oars on the walls and friggin' helmets and RTB signs all over Memorial Stadium? 

Edited by beekay414

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I doubt Trev Alberts is going to give him complete control of everything like Minnesota did. You think we're gonna see oars on the walls and friggin' helmets and RTB signs all over Memorial Stadium? 

It would absolutely be interesting to see how tied to the RTB montra now at a "destination job" or at least historical one compared to a MAC school and then a small tier B1G school. I could see him "ditching it" if needed, while also being the complete opposite and refusing. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

It would absolutely be interesting to see how tied to the RTB montra now at a "destination job" or at least historical one compared to a MAC school and then a small tier B1G school. I could see him "ditching it" if needed, while also being the complete opposite and refusing. 

Fleck's a narcissist. How do you think that conversation would go? haha

Just now, beekay414 said:

Fleck's a narcissist. How do you think that conversation would go? haha

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

P.J. Fleck seems just narcissistic enough

^^^^^^^^^^

That said, I think it could go somewhere between "No I want oars up there, ROW THE BOAT" or "Fine, because after I save this program, maybe then you'll change your mind about..."

• Like 1