The OFFICIAL GDT: Browns vs. Jaguars

MWil23

34 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

You been drinkin again Kiwi?

no. Gardening. 

And that doesn't mean smoking weed. 

Fun story. I had two patients in a week, both hard looking dudes, nasty tattoo's scars on their faces etc. Both of them said there occupation was a gardener. One of them had been robbed that week. I thought about it. They obviously grew weed. 

Tretter says he's good to go, and Coleman is out of the concussion protocol.  Gonna need all hands on deck with this Jags defensive line.

Fournette is likely out with "fear of cold weather", so that bodes well for an already good run defense.

Things are shaping up for an upset, but I would put money on the Browns finding a way to lose regardless.  I have no faith in our OC/HC to scheme around any defense, and certainly not this Jacksonville squad.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

Tretter says he's good to go, and Coleman is out of the concussion protocol.  Gonna need all hands on deck with this Jags defensive line.

Fournette is likely out with "fear of cold weather", so that bodes well for an already good run defense.

Things are shaping up for an upset, but I would put money on the Browns finding a way to lose regardless.  I have no faith in our OC/HC to scheme around any defense, and certainly not this Jacksonville squad.

That said, I would love a heaping helping of crow on Sunday.  Gonna need a heaping helping of Crow to get that served to me, and some judicious application of Duke.  God help us.

37 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

That said, I would love a heaping helping of crow on Sunday.  Gonna need a heaping helping of Crow to get that served to me, and some judicious application of Duke.  God help us.

I'll be okay with some run, run, run, punt drives Sunday. Hopefully our defense is up to the task and we score enough to win. If we just go out there and air the ball out in 30 mph winds with rain/snow against a very opportunistic defense, it could get ugly. Don't play AFCS December football this week, play AFCN December football. I'll take a 13-9 win.

16 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Upset...hell no...we're still way overmatched

Chris Ivory has actually been the more productive Rusher than Fournette as of recent.

Shon Coleman being available as opposed to Banner doesn't mean we're going to dominate against the likes of Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Marcell Dareus, Yannick, Telvin Smith, AJ Bouye, Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack and Dante Fowler.

The heat is still going to be on...Drango will be exposed...Dareus and Malik Jackson inside pressure on Tretter will be serious as will their run stopping force

Fournette being unhealthy and Coleman being healthy has nothing to do with us being seriously overmatched...

There's always the Bortles implosion factor, but we have our own rookie QB turnover implosion factor...

Still likely a 31 to 14 loss...

Hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly stand corrected

6 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

The feeling is very mutual. See you clowns in Week 17.

You hate Titans too? Wow! I would've never have guessed. Titans are so evil that they hate themselves. 

This game will show if the Jaguars are real, or a joke. I fear that the Browns are going to come out and play their tails off because of the amount of trash talk the Jaguars players (T. Gip in particular) have been doing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns pulled off the upset, but boy would I be upset. 

1 minute ago, Jags said:

You hate Titans too? Wow! I would've never have guessed. Titans are so evil that they hate themselves. 

This game will show if the Jaguars are real, or a joke. I fear that the Browns are going to come out and play their tails off because of the amount of trash talk the Jaguars players (T. Gip in particular) have been doing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns pulled off the upset, but boy would I be upset. 

Gip loved CLE and was salty that they didn't want to keep him there long-term. Not sure how anyone can blame him for those comments. I think pretty much every player that gets let go from an org. that they liked have that feeling going against them. Gip just happened to say it publicly.

Not sure I saw any other trash talk. 

Either way, it'll definitely be a tough game imo. CLE has nothing to lose and the game isn't ideal weather wise. You would think it'd play into our hands (run the ball/play dominant D) but we haven't seen this team in weather conditions like this yet so I guess we'll see what happens.

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gip loved CLE and was salty that they didn't want to keep him there long-term. Not sure how anyone can blame him for those comments. I think pretty much every player that gets let go from an org. that they liked have that feeling going against them. Gip just happened to say it publicly.

Not sure I saw any other trash talk. 

Either way, it'll definitely be a tough game imo. CLE has nothing to lose and the game isn't ideal weather wise. You would think it'd play into our hands (run the ball/play dominant D) but we haven't seen this team in weather conditions like this yet so I guess we'll see what happens.

Gipson talked trash on the current roster, and while it's true that they are horrible (just using win/loss record) they never did anything to him. The majority of fans wanted to keep Gipson and liked him but once you leave and trash talk the Browns that love is pretty much over. Gipson could have taken the high road but he chose not to. He could have had a nice homecoming but that isn't happening now because even if it wasn't his fault that he is no longer here he didn't have to trash the current team and the fans aren't going to love him like they mostly would have had he just said he appreciates the fans and is happy that he is on a contending team heading in a good direction. He said they were going to hang 40+ plus on the defense and embarrass the offense. That ain't happening, at least not the former.

As far as the game, the Browns strengths also play into the poor weather conditions. The difference is our RB shines in poor weather games and yours doesn't sound like he wants to play whether his ankle cooperates or not.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Gipson talked trash on the current roster, and while it's true that they are horrible (just using win/loss record) they never did anything to him. The majority of fans wanted to keep Gipson and liked him but once you leave and trash talk the Browns that love is pretty much over. Gipson could have taken the high road but he chose not to. He could have had a nice homecoming but that isn't happening now because even if it wasn't his fault that he is no longer here he didn't have to trash the current team and the fans aren't going to love him like they mostly would have had he just said he appreciates the fans and is happy that he is on a contending team heading in a good direction. He said they were going to hang 40+ plus on the defense and embarrass the offense. That ain't happening, at least not the former.

As far as the game, the Browns strengths also play into the poor weather conditions. The difference is our RB shines in poor weather games and yours doesn't sound like he wants to play whether his ankle cooperates or not.

Again, he isn't the first nor will he be the last player to be salty about an org. letting him go after showing he wanted to stay there. That's how it is. Kirksey got a chuckle out of it and got where he was coming from I'm pretty sure as they're still best friends today.

As for your last point regarding LF, LF is not our only RB. Ivory has been rock solid this year, Grant is a very good change of pace/speed back, and Yeldon has got it going since finally getting to be active for a game when LF sat out.

Not sure why it matters what Fournette says either, who the hell knows how he'll play in the cold conditions. Just because he says he hates playing in that weather doesn't mean that he's not going to show up/be a non-factor if he is a go with the ankle injury.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Again, he isn't the first nor will he be the last player to be salty about an org. letting him go after showing he wanted to stay there. That's how it is. Kirksey got a chuckle out of it and got where he was coming from I'm pretty sure as they're still best friends today.

As for your last point regarding LF, LF is not our only RB. Ivory has been rock solid this year, Grant is a very good change of pace/speed back, and Yeldon has got it going since finally getting to be active for a game when LF sat out.

Not sure why it matters what Fournette says either, who the hell knows how he'll play in the cold conditions. Just because he says he hates playing in that weather doesn't mean that he's not going to show up/be a non-factor if he is a go with the ankle injury.

I'm sure you read what he said about playing in the cold and what his stats were in college when doing so. It could be a coincidence or his body just may not adapt well to it, it happens like that for some. It can't get you excited for him in this game unless you think he was just trying to play mind games.

All I can say is the Browns and Jaguars have the same record this year playing in temps below 40 and there is a huge difference in records when playing in temps above 40 so I don't know if it necessarily benefits the Jags like you claim, I think a warm sunny day and the Jags easily win. Mostly because Kizer would probably turn the ball over a few times and take a lot of sacks. This will probably be a run heavy game, the best attribute the Browns have is their run defense. The best attribute the Jaguars have is their pass defense. A run heavy game should level the playing field a little for the Browns and not make it more in favor of the Jaguars.

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm sure you read what he said about playing in the cold and what his stats were in college when doing so. It could be a coincidence or his body just may not adapt well to it, it happens like that for some. It can't get you excited for him in this game unless you think he was just trying to play mind games.

All I can say is the Browns and Jaguars have the same record this year playing in temps below 40 and there is a huge difference in records when playing in temps above 40 so I don't know if it necessarily benefits the Jags like you claim, I think a warm sunny day and the Jags easily win. Mostly because Kizer would probably turn the ball over a few times and take a lot of sacks. This will probably be a run heavy game, the best attribute the Browns have is their run defense. The best attribute the Jaguars have is their pass defense. A run heavy game should level the playing field a little for the Browns and not make it more in favor of the Jaguars.

I think you are reading WAY too far into all of this.

Too each their own I guess.

Archived