Week 2: Bears on SNF @ Lambeau - Packers WIN 27-10 and improve to 1-1!

FAH1223

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If this isn't a comfortable win, we should start to be worried.

I need the offense to prove to me that they can put points on the board. Everyone keeps joking about how we technically did better in Week 1 this season than last season but I see it the other way--the Saints consistently have a top 10 defense, this Minny defense won't finish in the top half of the league. That offensive showing was one of the worst I've seen around here in a long time. I thought we'd be challenged given our circumstances, but not that bad. 

Personally, I think the Packers will win (largely because I'll be in attendance 😁), but I expect it to be a real struggle again in Week 2, especially if the docs hold out Bak and Jenkins again. I'm expecting a 24-20 or 20-17 type of win. Only thing that could widen the gap would be if our defense creates some points themselves like Douglas did last year against Fields. 

Season is still brand new, but Week 2 is a bit of a must-win for the Packers. A loss would put us at 0-2 in the division and very likely 0-3 to start the season with Tampa up next. I don't know the stats, but I imagine 0-3 teams don't have great track records for divisions/playoffs. Packers need to come in with a much better plan all around this week and get it done. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I need the offense to prove to me that they can put points on the board. Everyone keeps joking about how we technically did better in Week 1 this season than last season but I see it the other way--the Saints consistently have a top 10 defense, this Minny defense won't finish in the top half of the league. That offensive showing was one of the worst I've seen around here in a long time. I thought we'd be challenged given our circumstances, but not that bad. 

Personally, I think the Packers will win (largely because I'll be in attendance 😁), but I expect it to be a real struggle again in Week 2, especially if the docs hold out Bak and Jenkins again. I'm expecting a 24-20 or 20-17 type of win. Only thing that could widen the gap would be if our defense creates some points themselves like Douglas did last year against Fields. 

The run game was dominant yesterday, normal game flow of 25 carries and you're looking at 150+ yards. For that reason alone I can't call that anywhere close to the worst offensive performance. Pass game was rough. Put the Watson TD in there and suddenly 275 yards and a TD and it isn't so bad. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The run game was dominant yesterday, normal game flow of 25 carries and you're looking at 150+ yards. For that reason alone I can't call that anywhere close to the worst offensive performance. Pass game was rough. Put the Watson TD in there and suddenly 275 yards and a TD and it isn't so bad. 

Coaching sucked .. couldn't come up with an answer for Jefferson on defense, and Coach Rodgers on offense made poor decisions.  Failed to run it down their throats when they probably could have.  5 carries for Jones .. 10 for Dillon.  That's a joke.  The call on the goal line where Dillon got stuffed .. didn't even have a body on Z and he wrecked it.  The coaches sent out a flawed Oline.  Ridiculous performance.  Better decisions and a 75 yd TD grab from Watson and this definitely would have been a different game.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The run game was so dominant that Dillon and Jones had 15 combined carries. Not disagreeing with you, but if they could run the ball, maybe they should have ran the ball...

27 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The call on the goal line where Dillon got stuffed .. didn't even have a body on Z and he wrecked it. 

Are we talking the play where AR said he should have kept? If that's a true read, then he's probably unblocked on purpose if he's the end there. Could be wrong, I've erased my brain of most of that game already. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The run game was so dominant that Dillon and Jones had 15 combined carries. Not disagreeing with you, but if they could run the ball, maybe they should have ran the ball...

It doesn't take much, but clearly what our backs did was the highlight of the offense yesterday 

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

Are we talking the play where AR said he should have kept? If that's a true read, then he's probably unblocked on purpose if he's the end there. Could be wrong, I've erased my brain of most of that game already. 

MLF said that Z is unblocked on that play 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

It doesn't take much, but clearly what our backs did was the highlight of the offense yesterday 

That's my worry. While I think you can have games where the backs are the feature guys and win games, I'm not sure how sustainable that is, especially once teams start loading up to stop the run and short passing game. At some point, we need to extend the field, which we didn't/couldn't do yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yes, he said he should have pulled it in .. would have easily walked into the endzone.