Week 2: Bears on SNF @ Lambeau - Packers WIN 27-10 and improve to 1-1!

FAH1223

Rodgers threw some nice passes downfield a little.  Nice sharp throw on the Lazard TD, not a big window.  Two nice throws to Watkins, on the plays when he was wide open.  I'm not remembering perfectly, but I think a couple of very sharp accuracy throws to Cobb where he wasn't very open at all.  Rodgers throwing with accuracy is essential moving forwards.  

He was not accurate on several short throws.  There was a quick little throw to Watkins that would have been maybe 5-7 yards on first down, Watkins had a step, but Rodgers just missed.  A check-down swing pass to Dillon on the left, he had some space and might have gotten a good 6-12 yard gain with a decent throw, but Rodgers grassed it behind him.  

So accuracy will continue to be a variable.  

But he did seem more decisive and the decision-making seemed improved versus in Minne.  Obviously having some protection, sometimes, makes a world of difference.  

Perhaps wishful thinking, but I still have imagination of Bakhti perhaps still someday coming back and being a good protector on the left.  Protection, good or bad, dictates almost everything.    

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I have far more concern for our defense than our offense. The line is going to gel, the backs are studs and Rodgers is Rodgers. The top 5 D thing looks entirely fraudulent at this point. This looks like another D ranked between 15-20. Joe Barry surely needs to be canned if that is the case.

Yeah there's way too much talent on that side of the ball to be playing average/acceptable ball instead of dominating. 

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Obviously much harder to run as much when you are down multiple scores. 

It is, but the Packers lose patience and get away from it too early on occasion.  Their run games really helps to open up the passing game.  When they have a good mix they can get the ball down the field swiftly.  

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Kyklin Hill's the one I'd really like to see on the field but he's on the pup, so you will not see him at least until week 5 or 6 (and it may be rather longer than that).  So it probably is Goodson up from the PS.

I agree. Hill got injured right as he was getting some snaps and would have had an opportunity when 33 got dinged up for a few games. I think he probably was ready to start the season and will be hungry and ready when they call him up. 

In the meantime, Taylor has more trust with the playbook and pass pro than Goodson which is probably more important if we have to win a game in the 4th and one of our starters is out.