GDT week 11 Browns vs. Jaguars

Thomas5737

We need a GDT, it's Friday. I'll maybe add something later.

It's supposed to be in the 30s with winds at 25-30 MPH and a snow/rain mix. They give up 4.6 per carry. Can we steal a game by using our ground game against another ground game in which the opposing RB doesn't even want to be there because of the weather?

Probably not but I believe it is possible. I'd like to see Kizer use his feet to pick up some yards and give Crowell/Duke a heavy workload. I wouldn't pass more than 15 times in the game.

Can we do it?

katy-perry-approves.gif

I am so looking forward to this game.

Kizer is on an upward trend. He played decent in London, appears to have used the time of the bye week well - and then had his best and most complete game of the year last week. The most telling sign of that was he engineered 2 second half drives that got us into the lead at 24-17. When the unfortunate injury happened - the score was tied. But the offense completely died under Kessler.

In on of the harder things to do, DeShone was able to reignite the offense upon his return. If we get the TD with a minute to go - who knows? I have seen the Browns twice blow 14 point leads with less than 2 minutes to go. Weirder things have happened.

Jacksonville comes to town with a formidable pass rush. And it will be cold, and wet, and windy - aka late season football weather in Cleveland. If DeShone can adapt to those conditions and have a decent game - I will begin to believe that we have the beginnings of a viable NFL quarterback. Does this mean he should be anointed the franchise savior? Of course not. But three consecutive "decent to good" games is certainly a positive sign.

I would still plan on drafting a QB high in 2018, but that is not a knock on Kizer - especially if he continues to progress. It would be called creating competition to make everyone better.

I just looked at their depth chart

There are so many names

Yannick

Fowler

Malik Jackson - I forgot about him 

Marcell Dareus - Damn

Calais Campbell - stud

Sheldon Day 

Dawaune Smoot

Myles Jack

Telvin Smith

Paul Polz

Jalen Ramsey

AJ Bouye 

Aaron Colvin

Tashaun Gipson 

If they can get Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins this offseason they'll go to Superbowl thats like a early 200s Baltimore defense 

Archived