Cardinals Extend WR Larry Fitzgerald to 2018

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dude's apparently never gonna retire. icon_lol.gif

Where would he rank all time with 1,000 yards this year and next?

Statistically speaking, he'd be #2 in yards all time. Probably #3 (#2 for WRs) in catches all time. #6 in Receiving TDs. 

As good as he is, I can't put him above Jerry Rice, Moss, Owens. He's Top 10 all time, but no higher than 4th at best.

More so than any player in recent memory, I wish Fitz was given at least average QB play for his career. 

All these great QB-WR combos (Manning-Wayne/Harrison, Ben-AB, Eli-OBJ, Ryan-Julio, Brady-Gronk, even Dalton-Green), really makes you wonder how great Fitz’ stats would be and how much more prolific he’d be viewed if he played with one or two good QBs throughout his entire career. Let alone an elite one. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

More so than any player in recent memory, I wish Fitz was given at least average QB play for his career. 

All these great QB-WR combos (Manning-Wayne/Harrison, Ben-AB, Eli-OBJ, Ryan-Julio, Brady-Gronk, even Dalton-Green), really makes you wonder how great Fitz’ stats would be and how much more prolific he’d be viewed if he played with one or two good QBs throughout his entire career. Let alone an elite one. 

He played with Kurt Warner when they made it to the Super Bowl. 

5 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

He played with Kurt Warner when they made it to the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

More so than any player in recent memory, I wish Fitz was given at least average QB play for his career

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm happy we selected Robert Gallery over him.

I say the same about Cedric Benson over Rodgers.

As for Fitz, I love how he is a class act on and off the field. Moss and TO clearly we superior athletes but he still put in all the work to become the best WR (IMO) of this decade.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:45 PM, Yin-Yang said:

One of my favorite what-ifs of recent memory in football is what if the Chargers has decided that Brees needed weapons to be successful rather than thinking they should move on. Instead of taking Eli and trading him for Rivers+, what if they drafted Fitz to pair with Brees?

Assuming Brees still takes the step forward and develops into the player he became, that easily becomes a top 5 QB/WR connection of all time. Do they set records together? Does Fitz put real pressure on Rice’s receiving records?

Archived