Waiver Wire Thread

NYRaider

Any TE waiver advice? I bought into Njoku hype šŸ¤¢

Everett, T. Hill, Hurst and Logan Thomas are there.

Anything worth burning a high waiver on? Was thinking Everett or Hurst with injuries, but not sure if either is a must secure via waivers or simply wait till someone clears.

35 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Anything worth burning a high waiver on? Was thinking Everett or Hurst with injuries, but not sure if either is a must secure via waivers or simply wait till someone clears.

Theyā€™re all a crap shoot tbh, just like most of the TE position outside of Kelce.Ā 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I'd probably see if they clear or not but I like Everett and Hurst.Ā 

• Like 2

Kyle Phillips, is another cat im trying to pick up for cheap. I kind of view him as a Robert Woods type, but not nearly as good as a run blocker. I remember hearing a lot about him during the offseason.

Ā 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'd probably see if they clear or not but I like Everett and Hurst.Ā 

I will piggy back off of this and say Everett too. With Keenan going down for what could be awhile he had a good chance of carving out a role.

Edited by mattyice0401

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I wouldn't fully give up on Njoku yet; he was on the field for 38 of 39 drop backs and ran 26 routes. That's fewer routes than I would want him to run, but one week is too little of a sample size to really make a definitive judgment. If you want a backup plan, I'd probably look at Everett I guess, though non of those guys really gets me excited. As someone else said, when you're down at that point, they are all kind of the same and you're really just hoping for a a touchdown. I think Everett probably has the biggest upside given that I believe he has typically stayed healthy and plays in the best offense on a team that just lost a premium weapon.Ā 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I think Taysom Hill is going to get added on a lot of teams this weekā€¦but Iā€™m guessing most will end up dropping him over the next few weeks. Iā€™d stay away from him. Heā€™s going to likely have about 3-4 games where he would be a viable fantasy play this season as he will likely vulture a few red zone touchdowns. Most of his value will come from running the ball and not pass catching as a ā€œTEā€, which wonā€™t be enough to be sustainable. Heā€™s going to be involved in a TE committee with Juwan Johnson and Adam Trautman, so I donā€™t anticipate any of them really emerging for a regular target share.