Waiver Wire Thread

NYRaider

Trying to fill my QB spot after the Dak injury. My team looks like this….

Standard scoring BTW….

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: D’Andre Swift, Miles Sanders, Breece Hall, Dameon Pierce, Damien Harris, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Jamarr Chase, Mike Williams, Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd, Joshua Palmer
TE: Cole Kmet 
K: Greg Joseph
DST: Patriots (aggressively going after the Steelers on waivers)

Thought I could just slide Dak in my IR spot and free up a roster spot for me to add a QB. But apparently I cant because he has to officially be put on the IR. So I have a few thoughts here…

1. Drop Josh Palmer and pick up one of Wentz, Winston, Lawrence, Ryan. I love Palmer but this probably makes the most sense to me. Hate doing it but it is what it is. 

2. Try and trade for a QB. There are 5 owners in my league with a backup QB. Those QBs are, Carr, Lance, Cousins, Tua and Fields. Don’t really have any interest in Fields or Tua and the owner that has Cousins I dont think has traded once in 15 years. So that leaves Carr and Lance as trade targets. Would probably send Dak with one of my RBs. I know The Lance owner is super thin at the RB position. Trade 2 guys for a QB and still add a QB off the waivers. I’m kinda talking myself into this one actually lol

3. Drop Dak and Palmer and pick up 2 QBs and try and stream rest of year. There’s enough talent on the waiver wire where’d I feel decent about my chances at grabbing a 20-25 point QB every week. 

6 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

George Pickens or Kyle Phillips? PPR

Right now Im leaning towards trying to add Phillips for the low low. But I do think if Pickens hits, his ceiling can be much higher than Phillips. But then again he could be limited with the biscuit throwing him the rock.

I'd definitely go with Phillips. There were positive reports about him all offseason and he looks like Tannehill's safety blanket over the middle of the field this year. Pickens is likely going to be the Steelers 4th or 5th option in the passing game behind Diontae, Claypool, Pat, and Najee. 

• Like 1

Dropped - Broncos Defense, Devante Parker, and James Cook.
Picked up -  Christian Watson, Hayden Hurst, K. Herbert

Starting Team- 

• QB - Josh Allen
  • RB - Dalvin Cook
  • RB - Travis Etienne
  • WR - Deebo Samuel
  • WR - Terry Mclaurin
  • TE -Dawson Knox
  • FLEX - Michael Thomas
  • DEF -  BUF
  • K - D.Carlson

part 

BENCH-    Christian Watson, Hayden Hurst, K. Herbert, Breece Hall, Allen Lazard, Isiash McKenzie, A. Mattison.

Even though he dropped the opening TD. Watson got open deep multiple times versus the Vikings. part of me wants to drop Mattison to find another RB but I feel I need insurance for Cook. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not really high on Jeff Wilson as a priority waiver wire guy this week. I think his ceiling is pretty capped with Lance/Deebo. 

If you're not in a faab league, I'm fine blowing priority on him, but don't like blowing a bunch of faab on him

2 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I can only drop Hall, D Harris, Boyd or Dotson. 

Meh. Probably no reason then, tbh. Dotson's week one is not sustainable, but he also played 88% of the snaps, so while he's not going to get 2 tds every week, I imagine that based on snap count he'll get more volume in the future. 

I don't have any issues with cutting Boyd for Julio, but its also probably not necessary either unless you really want Julio. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Meh. Probably no reason then, tbh. Dotson's week one is not sustainable, but he also played 88% of the snaps, so while he's not going to get 2 tds every week, I imagine that based on snap count he'll get more volume in the future. 

I don't have any issues with cutting Boyd for Julio, but its also probably not necessary either unless you really want Julio. 

Well I have limited moves so if it’s more a lateral move then anything I’ll just save it. Thanks