MNF: Denver @ Seattle

Sad People

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seahawks
    • Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2022 at 12:25 AM

11 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Wilson threw his team and coach under the bus constantly through leaks by his agent and forced his way out when he didn’t get complete control then hid behind his “oh shucks” public persona. Guys a huge diva.

those boos by the crowd were delicious, even as a neutral fan

The boo's were delicious. 

So was Geno outplaying Mr. Give Me MVP behind the same line and lack of weapons Wilson's apologists used as his excuse. 

Hopefully Mr. Ciara likes the taste of humble pie. Dude got shown up by Geno freaking Smith 

Edited by ronjon1990

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Bears won, Hou , ATL, Car Detroit all easily could of won. While I do expect a monkey stomped result (blowout) in favor of the Broncos.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Seattle "at home" actually won

Well, just glad I had already won my fantasy wk without J. Will/Sutton.  

Wk 1 at its finest! 🍺

54 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Threatening to retire with the team while being completely upfront about it is different than spending 2 straight years trying to orchestrate a secret trade behind the scenes while lying through your teeth to the fanbase about how none of the rumors are true.

You know, you left out the part where Rodgers was trying to get himself traded last off-season with his top preference being a top conference rival. Otherwise, sure?

DEN will bounce back - but it's also pretty clear the chances we do ANYTHING this year took a massive hit - because you only win in January with talent AND good coaching.   

8 key areas where we gave away the game:

-13 penalties.  That's coaching and player discipline. 

-2 TO's at the 1.  The late game clock was on preparation, but also that's where you call TO as a HC.   Using MG3 on a dive play at the toughest part of the SEA D is just mind-boggling.

-our presnap readiness on O was awful - we got so many plays off with 1-2 secs off it let the SEA know when the ball was coming.  That was a major aid to countering the goal-line plays. That's coaching.

-ST's were AWFUL.  That's coaching. 

-The 1H D plan was awful.  We had PS2 in off coverage on DK Metcalf, and our OLB's in coverage.   That changed up in a massive way in the 2H, and we were better.   Still, terrible initial game plan.  Again on coaching.

-The lack of adjustment in the 4Q - calling screens and runs when SEA adapted to this late.  

-That game management decision.

The good news - Wilson was fine, and the O really moved the ball - until penalties/TO/game management stalled us.   The bad news is that our ILB plays is atrocious, and teams will keep exploiting it (even when we get Josey Jewell back, that only addresses 1 spot).  

The encouraging part is the 2H D adjustment, and our secondary / run D and pass rush are all going to keep getting better (Gregory just back from limited TC, Browning getting more snaps).   The talent increase is very real.   But we're a lot further behind in the coaching dep't even with the knowledge it's a 1st year staff, than we'd hoped. 

Tonight showed why any team can win - I gave SEA a 20 percent chance to win, because stuff like the above can happen - and even then, it took until the biggest boneheaded game management blunder to give it away.   Still, that also means Hackett & his staff have a LONG way to go before they can be on the same level as other teams they want to rise above.

• Like 2

Hackett coaches a few more games like that, he may be 1 and done. It was all just inexplicable. Maybe the absolute worst end of game coaching I've ever seen at this level.

It's funny that people are blaming Wilson when they would have probably been comfortably ahead if not for the fumbles. The guy threw for 340 yards at 8.1 YPA. While Seattle's defense may just be awful again, there's a lot of people who are letting their personal opinion of Wilson cloud their judgement there. He was not what lost this game for the Broncos. He played more than well enough to win this game. 

15 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm struggling to come up with a worse end of game coaching decision. I'm sure there are others but I'm still stunned by Hackett. 

Brandon Staley's game ending decision last year in the second Raiders game pretty much ruined the Chargers' playoff hopes- and they likely would've done pretty well had they gotten in. 

17 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm struggling to come up with a worse end of game coaching decision. I'm sure there are others but I'm still stunned by Hackett. 

Last year Nagy thought Santos could kick a 65 yarder at Heinz Field. Santos' longest career FG was 55 yards.

The record length for a FG at Heinz Field? 56 yards.

But he thought Santos could just tack on 10 yards to his all time best and 9 more than ANY other kicker to ever kick there...

nagyidiot.jpg

This choice further proved he is/was an idiot.

• Like 2