MNF: Denver @ Seattle

Sad People

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seahawks
    • Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2022 at 12:25 AM

30 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm struggling to come up with a worse end of game coaching decision. I'm sure there are others but I'm still stunned by Hackett. 

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Last year Nagy thought Santos could kick a 65 yarder at Heinz Field. Santos' longest career FG was 55 yards.

The record length for a FG at Heinz Field? 56 yards.

But he thought Santos could just tack on 10 yards to his all time best and 9 more than ANY other kicker to ever kick there...

nagyidiot.jpg

This choice further proved he is/was an idiot.

The difference though is that DEN was averaging 8 YPA in pass plays, and SEA's D was clearly vulnerable.  And we had extra TO's to use with a conversion, so there was zero risk of running out of time.   

I think Nagy's awful, and that was one of the worst, but when you add the context of how the game was going, well, it's going to be hard to top this one. 

At least we can be tied lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

If the 49ers lose at home to Geno Smith and Pete Carrol's merry band of vagabonds I'm going to need a 40 ounce of bleach

I would say you shouldn't have to worry about this, because Smith will turn back into a pumpkin soon enough. But Trey Lance didn't exactly light the world on fire this week so...anything is possible.

27 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Conflicted. Always happy to see the Ewok get cut further down to size, but at the same time the Seahawks got a W. 

If the 49ers lose at home to Geno Smith and Pete Carrol's merry band of vagabonds I'm going to need a 40 ounce of bleach. :)

SF, LAR, GB & DEN will all be fine next week.  But this will still sting as much for us as the memorable L's for those teams did for their fans.  And even moreso here given the extraordinary craziness with the game management & coaching blunders seen today.  Even if you say it's a debut, it definitely has to be the worst in the modern era, and that's saying something - because Freddie Kitchens and his 12 penalties kinda took the cake...until now.

Edited by Broncofan

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It was really funny watching Peyton Manning try to vocally reason his way through what Hackett must be thinking and come up completely empty.

I said the Rams would be fine after TNF. SF after Moonsoon game.   CIN & IND after their games.   Same applies here.  

But we’re going nowhere when it matters this year.   Coaching like that loses time and again vs. good teams when there isn’t a talent gap.  It took a lot to lose against a talent poor team (SF/IND/DEN) but it happens.   It’s more the coaching issues this unmasks.   At best it improves to being league average by end of season.  Disappointing to have that as the best to hope for from a new staff.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

One thing I will say:

Every time the Broncos were about to run out of shotgun, including twice at the goal line, they always acted like they didn't know what they were doing, and one of the WR's would put his hands up every time. This was by design and gave away the run every time. Russ, Sutton, Jeudy, Hackett are literally the worst poker players I have ever seen. Literally was a run every. single. time. When they did that. It was comical... like who do you think you are fooling...?