Official GDT: Week 2 J-E-T-S vs. Browns

MWil23

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

It's hard to believe, but it's Week 2 and your Cleveland Browns are atop the AFC North at 1-0 for the first time in 18 years!

Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

Coming off of a Week 1 thriller in which the Browns played a typical roller coaster game, showing flashes of brilliance in the running game, led by:

Nick Chubb Browns GIF by The Undroppables

and

looney tunes spin GIF

(Kareem Hunt pictured above)

and our tenacious defense, led by:

cleveland browns football GIF

the Browns overcame some major blown coverages and close to an inept passing game to get an ugly W on the road. But this is the NFL, and there are no style points. A win is a win.

This week's matchup is against a pretty lousy Jets team with a LOT of young talent.

Key Matchups:

Joe Flacco's ability to get long spot foul DPI penalties vs. Jacoby Brissett's underrated noodle arm pop fly underthrown DPI spot foul penalties

EFqZhCRWkAoJuA_.jpg

Our running game vs. the World

Our running game vs. the invention of the forward pass

Our secondary vs. themselves in blowing coverages

Our linebackers vs. replacement level capability

Kevin Stefanski vs. Men's Warehouse

kfdmcs4cyma41.jpg?auto=webp&s=9a10a93dff

Tune in at 1:00 EST on CBS

• Like 4

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m excited man.  The opportunity to be 2-0 makes me feel kinda funny, like climbing the rope in gym class.

We REALLY need to get this one and ATL. If we lose to Pitt so be it, but we have to start 3-1. The thought of going 2-0 alone is unreal to think about though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We REALLY need to get this one and ATL. If we lose to Pitt so be it, but we have to start 3-1. The thought of going 2-0 alone is unreal to think about though.

Yeah.  And while I get we’re playing out backup QB, he’s still arguably better than whoever the Jets are going to start and the rest of the rosters aren’t even comparable at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Hope Flacco gets the start and not White.

Their OL + Flacco being a statue vs. Garrett and Clowney could be a recipe for disaster for them.

Idk why they aren’t starting White.

We’ve got to contain Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson. Run the ball and don’t turn the ball over. 

Not looking good 

Flacco played much better against the best defense in the NFL.

Brissett typically at this level look for

Him to do about that.

Flacco is currently the 5th ranked qb

In the NFL.

Flacco thru for 300 yards against a Baltimore defense that Deshaun has never thrown for 4.

Look for the Jets to roll

31 to 17.Happy Wonder Woman GIF

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Not looking good 

Flacco played much better against the best defense in the NFL.

Brissett typically at this level look for

Him to do about that.

Flacco is currently the 5th ranked qb

In the NFL.

Flacco thru for 300 yards against a Baltimore defense that Deshaun has never thrown for 4.

Look for the Jets to roll

31 to 17.Happy Wonder Woman GIF

how many points did the jets score

• Like 4

This is going to sound obvious, but this team has to win the games that they are supposed to win with Jacoby Brissett at quarterback. Tread water until reinforcement come later in the season, if they can hover above 500 even then they would be in good shape. So yes, to me this is a must win. I am tempering my expectations, because I do not believe Carolina is a good team and that one could have gone either way.