Official GDT: Week 2 J-E-T-S vs. Browns

MWil23

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hope so.  Clay was great, but 62 sacks for a franchise leader, especially one this old is a really low bar.

Yeah, Clay wasn't an edge rusher. In this day and age that is who should lead a franchise in sacks. It just took awhile for us to find one.

Michael Dean Perry was one of the best pass rushers from the DT spot though so that was our guy for awhile.

Courtney Brown was supposed to be our all time leader it just didn't work out that way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Question does Brissett or Deshaun have a 105 qb rating against Baltimore this year?

Question 2 how many games due we win against Baltimore this year?

Did you know Flaccos only TD came with 1 minute left in the game when he was down 24-3?

He threw it 59 times and had a 74 rating.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

Mike went from walking around with sunshine flying out his *** last season to telling us Joe Flacco is gonna bust our cheeks.  What a difference 8 months can make…

Anyway, I’m pretty confident for Sunday.  I’d expect us to be ready to come out and play after letting Baker and Co. back in the game this past week.  If the team is being honest with themselves last week should tell them they can absolutely be a good team, but they’re not good enough to take their foot off the gas at any point. They have the talent to overcome their deficiencies, but it’s gonna take 100% effort.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Browns win big. The Jets are set up to fail against a team like the Browns. Their OT's are going to get destroyed and their WR's, while talented, should be locked up nicely by our DB's. Sans the mental breakdowns, the DB's smothered the Panthers, who actually have a talented group of WR's.

Yeah the Panthers hit on a couple breakdowns due to communication issues, but other than that they were clamped.  It was week one, hopefully those things get cleaned up.

Also, Flacco is a statue at this point (not that he was ever mobile) who should be much easier to rush than Baker who can both move a bit as well as throw on the run.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah the Panthers hit on a couple breakdowns due to communication issues, but other than that they were clamped.  It was week one, hopefully those things get cleaned up.

Also, Flacco is a statue at this point (not that he was ever mobile) who should be much easier to rush than Baker who can both move a bit as well as throw on the run.

Too many layups on long blown coverages the last two years. This game, the Chargers game, and a few other plays come to mind.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Too many layups on long blown coverages the last two years. This game, the Chargers game, and a few other plays come to mind.

Primarily early in the year too, which is a concern for next week.

But idgaf, we have no business losing to the Jets.  Not to say we won’t, but it would be inexcusable.

• Like 1

I was out of town for a wedding and am just now watching highlights. Brissett is no good but I did notice some bright spots that I think went under appreciated: 

1. Hudson and Pocic both looked like reliable pieces. Kind of nice to know that the scheme can make some average dudes blend in nicely. 

2. The DTs weren’t nearly as bad as we thought they’d be. I’d say they especially shined in pass rush situations. 

3. The receivers all played really well despite having ducks and overthrows alike to deal with. 

4. Stefanski called a pretty good game. Brissett threw more than we’d like but you’ve got to stop teams from stacking the box any way you can. 

• Like 2