Official GDT: Week 2 J-E-T-S vs. Browns

MWil23

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

Just now, JDD said:

So I guess in his opinion the team didn’t do anything to deserve it lol

I’m assuming it’s more along the lines of expecting unconditional support from the home fans, but like, bro lol.  Like those fans spend hundreds of dollars to be there.  They worked lots of long hours to afford those tickets.  Watching a team look either entirely incompetent or just quit is frustrating and when that’s the product you put on the field I think commenting on fans behavior (unless its abusive or something obviously) is really showing a lack of awareness.

• Like 2

Also, somehow the stat just got lost on me yesterday because of the outcome, but woods let a 37 year old statue named Joe Flacco throw 4 TD passes yesterday.  First jets QB since Vinny to throw for 300/4.

This isn’t having an off day as a DC.  This is being entirely unprepared and unable to adapt as the game goes on despite having a considerable talent advantage.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Myles commenting on the boooing was disappointing.  I’m 100% not someone who would boo, never actually have, but I’d have booed yesterday.  

Worry less about the fans booing Myles and a little more about why they’re booing iyam.  Fans can be idiots, but that wasn’t the case yesterday.  Those boos were deserved.

I'm 100% in favor of fans booing. They SHOULD have bood yesterday. They pay their hard earned money to watch this **** show. Love you Myles, but you're a multi-millionaire who has never and will never have to work a day in your life.

Don't give up 14 points with under 2 minutes left and they won't boo.

Fan is short for fanatic.

Booing is absolutely as acceptable as it gets. Nasty comments about that person, their family, threats, etc. are all 100% out of bounds. Booing is a tame way of voicing displeasure. Grow up.

Booo away fans, unless they're high school kids or college/small college kids. I'll even argue NIL and the transfer portal gives fans the right to boo.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, somehow the stat just got lost on me yesterday because of the outcome, but woods let a 37 year old statue named Joe Flacco throw 4 TD passes yesterday.  First jets QB since Vinny to throw for 300/4.

This isn’t having an off day as a DC.  This is being entirely unprepared and unable to adapt as the game goes on despite having a considerable talent advantage.

Not just unprepared, but it was obvious after the third drive of the game when we got lucky with Clowney's strip sack. You're up 14-7 and they've moved the ball/converted at will and you literally refused to make any adjustments from a personnel or scheme standpoint.

You continue to let Delpit get burned and then literally stop running/walk when their dude is at the 30 yard line, which he's done THREE TIMES IN TWO WEEKS.

You stay in a soft quarters or cover 4 zone and let Wilson pick your linebackers apart and split the safeties with slot mismatches.

You continue to refuse to blitz.

You continue to refuse to play man defense.

ABSURD

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm 100% in favor of fans booing. They SHOULD have bood yesterday. They pay their hard earned money to watch this **** show. Love you Myles, but you're a multi-millionaire who has never and will never have to work a day in your life.

Don't give up 14 points with under 2 minutes left and they won't boo.

Fan is short for fanatic.

Booing is absolutely as acceptable as it gets. Nasty comments about that person, their family, threats, etc. are all 100% out of bounds. Booing is a tame way of voicing displeasure. Grow up.

Booo away fans, unless they're high school kids or college/small college kids. I'll even argue NIL and the transfer portal gives fans the right to boo.

And like, I’m sure he took it personally as we were booing him, but that’s not the case. He got double teamed every snap, we all saw it.  Not much is expected of you in that case, it’s your teammates who are also professionals who should be taking advantage of that.

Maybe he was just emotional from the loss or whatever, but he needs to walk back those comments imo. “Yeah, I was wrong.  You hate being booed at home, but our performance warranted boos. It’s our job to close out that game.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not just unprepared, but it was obvious after the third drive of the game when we got lucky with Clowney's strip sack. You're up 14-7 and they've moved the ball/converted at will and you literally refused to make any adjustments from a personnel or scheme standpoint.

it’s just wild as it’s exactly like last season all over again.  I thought he figured this **** out

You continue to let Delpit get burned and then literally stop running/walk when their dude is at the 30 yard line, which he's done THREE TIMES IN TWO WEEKS.

part of me understands it, you’re toast, it’s over, but like, you never know.  DK ran down a safety from 10 yards back.  Go out in some effort and maybe they slip on some wet grass or some ****.

You stay in a soft quarters or cover 4 zone and let Wilson pick your linebackers apart and split the safeties with slot mismatches.

You continue to refuse to blitz.

You continue to refuse to play man defense.

ABSURD

I don’t even mind JOK in the slot, but not against a first rounder.  If there’s some bigger dude with middling speed, sure, but not a twitchy *** legit WR talent.  Good god man.

And running zone wasn’t even a bad call, it should keep everything in front of you, but we didn’t even manage to do that.  It’s the equivalent of sending 8 and getting zero pressure and letting the QB stand in the pocket for 5 seconds.  It simply should never happen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

The entire defense basically stopped trying at the 2 minute warning. Think about that level of laziness. Like "o it's fine, they won't score and get an onside kick and score again, so let's just half *** the rest of the game" *******s

Honestly the D was a sagging and wind-tossed tent the whole game that just happened to fold at the end. There's no way if they're supposed to be a strength of our team that the Jets will Flacco should have been as competitive as they were even in the first 58 minutes. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And like, I’m sure he took it personally as we were booing him, but that’s not the case. He got double teamed every snap, we all saw it.  Not much is expected of you in that case, it’s your teammates who are also professionals who should be taking advantage of that.

Maybe he was just emotional from the loss or whatever, but he needs to walk back those comments imo. “Yeah, I was wrong.  You hate being booed at home, but our performance warranted boos. It’s our job to close out that game.”

No question. Even say something like "We are all upset we didn't get it done. This is on us as a unit. We're all upset and emotional. They should boo us for giving that one away and we pledge to be better going forward."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Honestly the D was a sagging and wind-tossed tent the whole game that just happened to fold at the end. There's no way if they're supposed to be a strength of our team that the Jets will Flacco should have been as competitive as they were even in the first 58 minutes. 

Another opportunity for me to point out that Joe ******* Flacco, the human statue, passed for 300 yards and 4 goddam touchdowns in the year of our lord 2022.

No question. Even say something like "We are all upset we didn't get it done. This is on us as a unit. We're all upset and emotional. They should boo us for giving that one away and we pledge to be better going forward."

Or honestly, say nothing.  We’ve heard it all before, just agree the outcome was unacceptable and move on.

If I was a player I’d take the fine and skip the media tbh.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

it’s just wild as it’s exactly like last season all over again.  I thought he figured this **** out

You give the benefit of the doubt for blown coverages in Week 1 due to youth or lack of preseason reps. When it happens multiple times in Week 2, that's on you as a coach.

Also, situational awareness needs reinforced before that unit hits the field. Okay guys, they have zero timeouts, keep everything in front. Make them score with no time left, we don't care if they do. Make them go over the middle of the field and kill the clock. If in doubt, don't get beat deep corners and safeties.

part of me understands it, you’re toast, it’s over, but like, you never know.  DK ran down a safety from 10 yards back.  Go out in some effort and maybe they slip on some wet grass or some ****.

I'll never forgive or understand a lack of effort at any level, especially when you're paid to do a job. I get it, it's a lost cause, but you quit. That's unacceptable.

I don’t even mind JOK in the slot, but not against a first rounder.  If there’s some bigger dude with middling speed, sure, but not a twitchy *** legit WR talent.  Good god man.

JOK is awesome in the slot...AGAINST A TE. If you're in Nickel, he's your ILB, and personnel dictates that IMO. Wilson has shredded you all day and you're like "Yeah bro, you're the underneath guy, just remember you have NO HELP to the inside."

Like, LOL, that's laughable. That's a HIGH SCHOOL BEATER TO A QUARTERS OR COVER 4 DEFENSE...a skinny post/deep slant in the Red Zone.

And running zone wasn’t even a bad call, it should keep everything in front of you, but we didn’t even manage to do that.  It’s the equivalent of sending 8 and getting zero pressure and letting the QB stand in the pocket for 5 seconds.  It simply should never happen.

If you run zone late, I'm all for it. The entire point is limiting big plays. So yeah, in the second half up 2+ possessions, run zone all you want, but you can't give up 75 yard layups 3 times.

And tbh, if you know you don't have Clowney and just watched your defense suck all day, you help them out in other ways with creativity and disguise. That doesn't even have to be blitzing. Just have the LB up on the LOS and show it then back out/bail, or maybe run, I don't know...a STUNT with your DL?

Dude stays back and shows zero presnap anything, EVER.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Another opportunity for me to point out that Joe ******* Flacco, the human statue, passed for 300 yards and 4 goddam touchdowns in the year of our lord 2022.

Sadly it wasn't even that shocking...dude basically made a career of feasting on the Browns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It stunned tf out of me lol.  If guys like Flacco can drop 4 tuddies on our arses what tf is a guy like Mahomes or Herbert gonna do?

It’s simply unacceptable.

I'm fully expecting real dudes like that to shell us like a shirtless Vladimir Putin and in a grim place of acceptance as far as that goes...what I'm really dreading is watching what Lamar Jackson is going to do to us.

• Like 2