Official GDT: Week 2 J-E-T-S vs. Browns

MWil23

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The “on to the next week” narrative is somewhat irking to me. Sure, you can’t dwell on the past and the Steelers are on the schedule the day after tomorrow, but I hate the idea of just leaving that game in the past.  Like, no dude.  You’d better wake up every ******* day and remember that game and what you and your teammates did or didn’t do.  

The general attitude from the players is not what I’d call great imo.  “It wasn’t my fault… I didn’t like the fan’s response….moving on….”  Like, imagine MJ or Ray Lewis or some ish.  You think they’re just gonna give a “whelp, that sucks” and move on?  I’m not saying guys need to go out and be something they’re not, but as a fan I’d like to at least see they’re unhappy with how things turned out and there’s some resolve to get the issue addressed.

The ONLY player I've seen take responsibility is Anthony Walker who said "Blame me. I'm the captain on the field responsible for communication and calls and I'm not doing my job well enough. That's on me."

We need more Walkers and less Delpits. Even Myles and Ward, who I absolutely LOVE and are ballers are quick to blame the fans for booing or quick to say what their job was or tweet out "bro I was only targeted once". Who cares. Your unit sucks. To the fans and media, how about you say "It's our job as a unit to communicate and we are doing a poor job. That's on all of us." 

...then in the locker room, you corner Delpit and make a lot of noise with your DC and hold your teammate(s) accountable behind closed doors. That's how it's done.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The ONLY player I've seen take responsibility is Anthony Walker who said "Blame me. I'm the captain on the field responsible for communication and calls and I'm not doing my job well enough. That's on me."

We need more Walkers and less Delpits. Even Myles and Ward, who I absolutely LOVE and are ballers are quick to blame the fans for booing or quick to say what their job was or tweet out "bro I was only targeted once". Who cares. Your unit sucks. To the fans and media, how about you say "It's our job as a unit to communicate and we are doing a poor job. That's on all of us." 

...then in the locker room, you corner Delpit and make a lot of noise with your DC and hold your teammate(s) accountable behind closed doors. That's how it's done.

Yep. I love Denzel, and even though it sure seems like it's on Delpit, you can't go on Twitter to make sure people know you didn't screw up. He may not be the captain on defense, but when you are the second highest paid player on that side of the ball, you need to act more like a leader than that. 

• Like 2