What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

4 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I think you’re wrong and that we’ll beat Minnesota. We’re road favorites for a reason

If this team does have a 2019-esque close to the year where Vegas rightly sees us as the most talented team every week but we still lose to everyone with a pulse, changes will be made. I would not count on them including the quarterback just yet

All I’m saying that if we beat Minnesota, it will pretty much be the first time that Dak will have won a game against a good opponent since Obama was president.  Dak is struggling against 3-6 teams.  I don’t really see him turning it on now…. Hope I’m wrong though.

20 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

All I’m saying that if we beat Minnesota, it will pretty much be the first time that Dak will have won a game against a good opponent since Obama was president.  Dak is struggling against 3-6 teams.  I don’t really see him turning it on now…. Hope I’m wrong though.

I feel like you have to be the least objective poster in the history of this forum. It’s truly impressive.

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I feel like you have to be the least objective poster in the history of this forum. It’s truly impressive.

Interesting… so, in your objective opinion Dak should be getting paid $10-12M more than Mahomes and Allen over the next 2 years?  Objectively, paying Dak $50M per year is making the cowboys better?  Objectively, you don’t see that there are numerous QBs out there that can give us the exact same level of production for 50-60% less than Dak is getting paid?

seriously, if you don’t realize that Dak is an average QB getting paid like he’s effing GOAT… then you probably shouldn’t be questioning others objectivity.

9 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

That would be incredibly stupid.  Paying Dak $10-12M more per year than QBs like Mhomes and Allen is asinine.  The absolute best thing that we can do is trade Dak to the highest bidder.  Could we get a Russel Wilson haul for Dak?  Hell no.  But we might be able to get a Carson Wentz type deal for him.  

Dak has proven that he cannot beat good teams.  I have no doubt that we would have won yesterday with Cooper Rush at QB.  After next week, Dak will be 2-3 on the season.  Rush will be 4-1.  And for the most part, Rush is beating a better opponents than Dak.  

Dak has a no trade and a no tag clause in his contract. The F.O. strikes again.

12 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Letting Dak play out his contract as is means enduring $49M and $52M cap hits the next two years followed by $21M in dead money in ‘25 when he’s no longer on the team.

Possible? Sure, I guess. I would say it’s likelier he does sign another extension to mitigate those figures, just like we did with Romo

The F.O. royally screwed the pooch with Dak’s contract and the restructures. No way should his cap hit be that high. But if you give him an extension, Dak will no doubt demand to get paid top dollar. 

If Dak doesn’t lead this team to a deep playoff run this year, he should be forced to play his contract out.

Tony Romo was still hitting our cap space in Daks 3rd year. Good chance we’ll be paying Dak long after he’s gone too. 

Believe it or not there were some people here that didn’t want to sign Dak because of this situation. 

But we like our guys. 

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/11/15/jerry-jones-was-asked-dak-prescott-is-weak-link-cowboys

Jerry Jones and his fools gold. Start a team with Dak over Parsons? We are doomed. 

“I can say that’s not correct,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, per Jori Epstein of Yahoo! Sports. “The strength that I look at of our chance to win a championship is Dak and his leadership at that position . . . I don’t think that’s accurate.”

“Stephen A. Smith of ESPN was one of the critics. He said that Prescott is not living up to the contract that the Cowboys gave before last season. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked about that comment during his Tuesday appearance on 105.3 The Fan and said it is “not correct” because “Dak and his leadership” are vital to their chances of winning.”

Too bad leadership doesn’t score points. 

Edited by DaBoys

This is such a hot issue.  While I totally disagree with the premise that Dak is any way shape of form preventing the Cowboys from winning a super bowl the reality is Dak had one of his worst games as a pro the last play off game he played and had 2 bad plays against GB that hurt.  This team and yes was not the savior at the end when the D failed miserably.  I mean Dak did lead the Cowboys to a 14 point lead in 4th qtr???

my comment also about the fools gold thing above between DAk and Parsons.   YES Parsons is probably TOP 3 or 5 defender in football.  Dak is top 8-10 right now as qb.  So yes it reasons Parsons is the MVP of this team.   But when you watch the game against GB even with the interceptions I would argue Dak did more to help this team win that game then Parsons did.  Now I put this to the problem with our D and coaches more then Parsons having a bad game but that is the reality.    People say well Dak didn’t make a winning drive in the 1 real drive he had in the 4th qtr. of the game. I will it also bring up ghat Dak did get the team to FG range.  But what did Parsins do during that key 4th qtr when GB scored 2 long TD drives and then a game winning FG drive the next time they had the ball.  I sure didn’t see him make any game changes plays that helped this team win.  

so yeah Dak failed to do what was needed for this team to beat GB.  But don’t delude yourselves to think that Dak was the reason we didn’t beat GB.   Just like I would argue Dak has not been the reason we’ve lost the last two play off games we’ve played 

23 minutes ago, quiller said:

This is such a hot issue.  While I totally disagree with the premise that Dak is any way shape of form preventing the Cowboys from winning a super bowl the reality is Dak had one of his worst games as a pro the last play off game he played and had 2 bad plays against GB that hurt.  This team and yes was not the savior at the end when the D failed miserably.  I mean Dak did lead the Cowboys to a 14 point lead in 4th qtr???

my comment also about the fools gold thing above between DAk and Parsons.   YES Parsons is probably TOP 3 or 5 defender in football.  Dak is top 8-10 right now as qb.  So yes it reasons Parsons is the MVP of this team.   But when you watch the game against GB even with the interceptions I would argue Dak did more to help this team win that game then Parsons did.  Now I put this to the problem with our D and coaches more then Parsons having a bad game but that is the reality.    People say well Dak didn’t make a winning drive in the 1 real drive he had in the 4th qtr. of the game. I will it also bring up ghat Dak did get the team to FG range.  But what did Parsins do during that key 4th qtr when GB scored 2 long TD drives and then a game winning FG drive the next time they had the ball.  I sure didn’t see him make any game changes plays that helped this team win.  

so yeah Dak failed to do what was needed for this team to beat GB.  But don’t delude yourselves to think that Dak was the reason we didn’t beat GB.   Just like I would argue Dak has not been the reason we’ve lost the last two play off games we’ve played 

I have to find the article but Parsons was apparently pissed and claimed there are too many guys on defense freelancing looking to make the splash play and not staying with their gap assignments.  That he argued is a big reason for their problems with the run.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

I have to find the article but Parsons was apparently pissed and claimed there are too many guys on defense freelancing looking to make the splash play and not staying with their gap assignments.  That he argued is a big reason for their problems with the run.

I’d like to know what the big reason is as to why our QB can’t play well under pressure or win important games.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d like to know what the big reason is as to why our QB can’t play well under pressure or win important games.

Valid question but I just realized I posted about Parsons in a QB topic forum.  Fumble on my part.  see my post prior to this one.  Need elite QB play to win in the NFL with a few outliers 

Edited by Northland

2 hours ago, Northland said:

That’s a failure of Defensive captains and Quinn and his assistants for not holding them accountable. Yank their ***** out of the game. Parsons and D-Law should be telling coaches to bench these guys if they are not holding their gaps. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quiller said:

Dak is top 8-10 right now as qb.  

It’s week 11 of the 2022 season. How can anyone STILL think this? 

We all agree he isn’t an elite like Mahomes or Allen. The old guys like Brady and Arod are still better than him. They’ve proved it this year, and now the young guys are starting to pass him.

Justin Fields is breaking All Time NFL records. He’s doing things never been done before. Tua has an 18:3 TD:INT ratio on the year. Dak missed half the season and has more picks than Tua. Same with Geno Smith. 
Lamar is having an MVP type season. Is Dak still better than him? Is he demonstrably better than Herbert? Kyler? Burrow? Hurts?

How many of these guys are clearly unarguably playing worse than Dak right now?

1. Allen

2. Mahomes

3. Arod

4. Brady

5. Lamar

6. Burrow

7. Herbert

8. Kyler

9. Hurts

10. Fields

11. Tua

12. Lawrence