What should Dallas do at QB?

Dallas94Ware

What should Dallas do at QB?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dallas...

• Ride out the storm with Rush/DiNucci until Dak returns?
    • Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo?
    • Trade for another player (put name in post below)?
    • Garrett Gilbert was not all that bad..is he still available?
    • Put Dak on permanant IR and bank on a top draft choice?
    • Sign available free agent/practice squad player (name below)

Just now, DaBoys said:

Did we just see Hurst drop a beautiful dime from Burrow? It’s not about WRs dropping balls or giving up on routes. All QBs deal with that. What are they doing outside of that? Dak isn’t doing enough. 

He can’t do enough. That’s the problem. He isn’t talented enough to elevate the players around him. He relies on them to elevate him. And that’s a problem.

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

And a better RB, a better OLine, a better kicker, and head coach, with a more dominant defense. Maybe we can use all that cap space we have…

Thats the problem with the “Dak needs more help” argument. We paid him like he doesn’t need help.

Who are Patrick Mahomes WRs? Not better than ours.  Is Deebo better than Lamb?  Herbert didn’t even have a 1000 yard WR, he was throwing to some guy named Josh Palmer all year. Josh Allen had one, 1k WR just like us. Did Aaron Rodgers have a better corp than ours? Dak needs help no doubt but he isn’t overly deprived of help compared to other teams, and we can’t afford help anyway without restructuring him into oblivion. That’s exactly what I expect to happen. 

Forget this year. What happened last year when Dak had Schultz and Gallup and CD and Amari? Oh, we lost to the same 49ers squad.

Dak has had receivers and pieces and hasn't got the job done and now his contract forces him to have to do more with less when he couldn't do more with more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Burrow has 2 interceptions in the very important AFC championship… by the metrics around here: MEDIOCRE AT BEST

Just kidding, that’s dumb.

I feel like we were close to winning with Daks dismal performance.

If we would have had 70 more passing yards, 2 more yards per carry, a slightly higher completion percentage, and an overall higher QBR like Joe Burrows performance tonight we would have won. 

Edited by DaBoys

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

If we would have had 70 more passing yards, 2 more yards per carry, a slightly hire completion percentage, and an overall QBR like Joe Burrows performance tonight we would have won. 

I largely agree just in terms of Dak’s game against the Niners, mostly because I don’t actually think Burrow played all that poorly. Though he does have far better receiving options. But in general if Dak had two picks in a game we’d definitely be talking about how he lost it.. especially if it were on that stage. 

• Like 1

I’m only willing to compare Joe Burrows stats in conference championship games to Daks conference championship stats.

Then again it’s a team sport. The Cincinnati Bengals have always been known to have juggernaut rosters. They finally fixed their OL bringing in guys in FA. Daks never been spoiled with players like La’el Collins. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 3

I’m not going to even justify comparing Burrow to Dak… I think Joe is potentially a generational talent.  In fact, I wanted to post about this earlier.  I think Burrow had one of the best throws I’ve ever seen in my life today.  Granted, it went off the receivers helmet for an incompletion.  But damn, that was one helluva throw.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m not going to even justify comparing Burrow to Dak… I think Joe is potentially a generational talent.  In fact, I wanted to post about this earlier.  I think Burrow had one of the best throws I’ve ever seen in my life today.  Granted, it went off the receivers helmet for an incompletion.  But damn, that was one helluva throw.

Chill. That stuff only happens to Dak. 

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If we would have had 70 more passing yards, 2 more yards per carry, a slightly higher completion percentage, and an overall higher QBR like Joe Burrows performance tonight we would have won. 

How bout he just reads the damn field, sees the open WR, throws a catchable ball and frickin score?

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I’m only willing to compare Joe Burrows stats in conference championship games to Daks conference championship stats.

Then again it’s a team sport. The Cincinnati Bengals have always been known to have juggernaut rosters. They finally fixed their OL bringing in guys in FA. Daks never been spoiled with players like La’el Collins. 

Burrow has already been to twice as many CCG and 1 SB more than Dak and he's been here half the time.

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

How bout he just reads the damn field, sees the open WR, throws a catchable ball and frickin score?

That brings up something we do not know.

Is Dak allowed to free lance or is he ordered to throw to a specific receiver?